Spooky2001

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

A fun, entertaining, big special effects movie, 1 January 2011

Actually, I would give this a 7 and a half stars. I think a lot of people (mostly reviewers) gave this a poor rating is that they had their hopes set very high. You should come into this movie thinking that it will not be the best movie you will see and you should watch it for the entertainment value. It is highly entertaining, fun and has great visuals. The 3D is great even though it is not all 3D but has 2D pieces to it too(in the right places). At the beginning you will see you are in for a visual treat just by seeing the Disney castle logo before the movie. I think people are not really into very big special effect movies these days and that the good movies that has come out in the past year or two kind of make people raise their expectations. Not that you should lower them for this movie. Just be ready for a movie that is fueled by tons of big special effects and not by plot.

What a movie!, 13 November 2010

This movie has it all... action, romance, drama. I love a movie with multiple genres thrown into it. Get action by all its performers. It was great to go to the IMAX and see all the action scenes actually in IMAX covering the whole screen. It made me feel like I was in the movie. There are a few complaints I had with it. First was it seemed really long, second was that Two Face/Harvey Dent died. I mean Two-Face was one of the best bad guys apart from the Joker and the Riddler. Third was that they replaced Katie Holmes in it. True she may not be the best actress but I don't like it when they replace a actor in a movie for example, Racheal Weisz in The Mummy movies. and finally fourth, I wish we saw more of the Scarecrow. Other than those four things I loved the movie.

Star Trek Meet Sliders, 13 September 2010

This is one of my top favorite Sci-Fi shows. It is at least in my top five along with Sliders and Star Trek. It is a great idea for a show. I loved the movie and I like James Spader and Kurt Russell but they replaced the actors for the show with good ones, Richard Dean Anderson and Micheal Shanks. I would have liked it if Richard and Micheal were their roles on the movie or James and Kurt for the series but for a TV show they needed TV actors and for a movie they needed movie actors. I don't know if they needed to make two spin-off series but it is good to know that Stargate still lives. I wish that Micheal Shanks had stayed for the whole length of the show. But at least most of the actors did. I don't know if they really needed another actor for the show after the show lost Micheal Shanks but I think they got a good actor to step in.

Not as bad as people say it is, 10 July 2010

Come on people, give this movie credit. Of course since it is based off something else it will not live up to the expectations of the viewers. But this movie is an exciting, entertaining movie with an interesting story. It seems like if a movie is just entertaining and that is pretty much all then people give the movie a bad review. Take for example Knight and Day and Eagle Eye. Those got bad reviews but were fun, entertaining and no brainer movies. It is interesting that the new Twilight movie is getting a lot better reviews than The Last Airbender when The Last Airbender was in my opinion a better movie than the new Twilight movie. The movie also has incredible special effects and I love those kind of movies. So all in all this movie wasn't that bad of a movie.

Nowhere As Good As The Original, 11 May 2010

You should not go into this movie thinking this movie will blow you away or thinking it will be an exceptional movie because you won't be blown away and this is not an exceptional movie and is no where near as good as the original but this movie wasn't that bad. Of course nobody can really replace Robert as Freddy since he was and will always be the best and original. Jackie Earle Haley was not too bad at making the character his own but he is better in Human Target. Though some of the acting may have needed more work. They didn't really need to remake a movie that the original was really good. The problems with this movie was that why remake a movie that doesn't need to be remade and why dis they have to change him being a child murderer to a child molester (They didn't) but I do admire that they tried to change it up a little but they didn't need to. Al in all this wasn't that bad of a movie.

Not as bad as people say, 21 June 2009

This was a fun movie. It had some interesting characters. Most people watch movies to have fun and this movie was fun. Sometimes people expectations for a good movie is too high. Think of this movie as one of the best straight to video heist movies. True it is no Italian Job or Ocean's Eleven but not all movies have to be. The movie has interesting characters, good actors who do good acting in the movie and a good twist at the end. It is an all out fun movie to watch, plus it has some good humor. You shouldn't go into this movie with high expectations since it is a low budget, straight to video movie. This is one of the better straight to video movies. So you shouldn't judge this movie so harshly. It is nice to see Antonio Bandres in a movie again you just don't see him in movies now a days. So sit back and relax and I hope you enjoy the movie.

Eagle Eye (2008)
A Good, Edge Of Your Seat Thriller, 26 September 2008

First of all don't judge this movie before you see it what seems like people are doing. A great, fast paced story with good action. This is what we come to the movies for...to be entertained and this movies does just that. One Of the best thrillers in a long time. It seem liked the movies have hit a slump lately but this movie brings the movies out of a slump. Other than The Dark Knight this is the best movie to hit theaters. If you saw this movie and didn't like it then you should re-evaluate what you think makes movies good. If I could sum this movie up in a few words then they would be intense, awesome, and entertaining. Watch this movie and you should not be disappointed.

Mirrors (2008/I)
One of the better horror movies these days, 18 August 2008

This movie is certainly not the best horror movie I have seen but out of horror movies that come out now of days it is one of the better ones. The death scenes were a little over the top and gory but at least the movie didn't really on mostly gore that a lot of horror movies these days do. Keifer Suterland was pretty good and there were a few jump scares. I like it that they added a little bit of mystery to it. I give this movie a B for effort. It did seem a little long though, they could have made it at least a little bit shorter. They had some cool special effects like when the mirror got shot and the holes repaired themselves. Overall it was not that bad of a movie.

The Fog (2005)
Very Cool!!, 16 October 2005

No matter what other people so this movie was pretty good. The story was interesting and the special effects were cool. Tom Welling and Maggie Grace are good at making you care for the characters. It was some of the most fun I've had this summer. This movie also had a good twist at the ending. Even the fog looked real. I have seen the original movie The Fog and I like this one better. It was more entertaining, exciting and had a better story than the original one. I'm not saying the original one wasn't good but this version was better. This movie was one of the best horror movies that have come out in the last year or so. So if you want to have some fun this fall then go see this movie

Taxi (2004/I)
One Of The Funniest Movies Of The Year!!!, 11 October 2004

This movie was great. If you think this movie sucked then you have little or no sense of humor. Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah rocked. This movie got the whole audience laughing at the theater I went to. This movie had a decent plot and good acting. I am going to buy this movie when it comes to DVD. Of course this movie had good hot girls in it but you got to think past that. This movie is not about how good looking the girls are. There was some really good car chases in it. You should see this movie. I hope Ebert and Roper give this one two thumbs up because this movie deserves it. I had a great time watching it. You should too if you have a good sense of humor and you love comedies.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]