Bronco46

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Disgusting, Revolting,, 28 June 2014

Who writes this kind of film. What kind of mind spawns this kind of rubbish. Anyone who rates this film above two stars hasn't matured beyond their tweens. Why adults would want to see this kind of disgusting story is something that should be looked into by a psychiatric program at a university. The film is set on a solar powered train that runs in long, long loop that runs around the world. The people on the train are the last survivors of the an environmental disaster that throws the world into a deep freeze. So much for global warming. The train runs like the soviet union were everyone is equally miserable, except for the pampered few near the front of the train. If you enjoy cannibalism, and murder; watching people eat feces and infants than this movie is for you. And please make an appointment to have your head examined if you actually can sit through this mess. I couldn't.

Very Watchable, 28 June 2014

This western was enjoyable to watch and well acted by a cast of good actors. There's a good story line that doesn't just exist as a frame work for a lot of gun fights. The story is fairly well written. The problems start with the setting. This is supposed to be set in 1849 California. Westerns have always has problems with authenticity; but this one is way off the mark. It becomes distracting at times; and takes away from an otherwise good story, and good acting. The environment of the story is almost completely wrong. 1849 California was fairly primitive with many hardships. The town in this story looks like something out of a western set in 1870's Kansas. The wardrobe is wrong for the time. The inside of buildings are wrong for 1849 California. The fire arms are way off; and many other things. But with all that being said; I'd still have to recommend seeing this film It has a certain charm. Henry Morgan and Virginia Grey turn in their usual good performances. Bill Elliott is a little stiff; but is the kind of star that made westerns of this era fun. So inspire of the problems i outlined I still enjoyed this film. I would have given it a lower ranking if it hadn't been for Harry Morgan and Virginia Grey; they were great.

This is how a captain acts?!?!, 6 July 2013

I've noticed that a lot of the captains of these crab boats are very bad at dealing with people. We know all about the powers of the captain of a ship. A lot of these guys a power mad. Some how guys with personality disorders like the captain of the Wizard managed to rise to a position of authority. Captain Keith Colburn has attacked cameramen, had what looked like psychotic rants, abused crewmen, and fostered an atmosphere that encourages the rest of crew to act in the same abusive psychotic ways. This episode isn't the only time he's shown so graphically how miserable a human being, he really is. His crew harasses new guys until they lash out to defend them selves. Most of us have been the low man on the totem pool at a job, and been hazed. What goes on; on the Wizard is despicable. Many of captains on this show don't seem to know how to use the power they have appropriately. What's really hard to believe is that these people (all of them, not just this crew) watch these episodes and don't see anything wrong with how they act. I'm guessing the producers are enabling this kind of behavior to milk another season out of this show. I've been watching this show since the beginning and while it was a great and exciting show to begin with it's degraded into a show that demonstrates bullying, work place violence, and several kinds of mental disorders. I can't see this show lasting another season. Anyone who enjoys the kinds of behavior of the crew of the Wizard; probably watches wrestling and cage fighting. I'm sorry Thom Beers has let it come to this.

How everyone would like their lives to be., 21 March 2013

I guess real men aren't supposed to like a show like this. It's a rom-com to the max; but it's so well written and casted it draws you in. Besides I'm a real man and I like it. There's not just one or two really good characters; there's at least six of the regulars that so much fun, you can't imagine the show cast with anyone else. You really come to like these people, care for them, worry about them. I found the show in re-runs and thank goodness they're running all the episodes one after the other; I'm more then two thirds of the way thru, and I'm sorry to see it coming to and end. It's hard to rate these episodes they're all quite good; the lowest I've down rated one to a 7. Most are 8's and 9's with several 10's. Excellent show.

10+ Nice going Alan Rachins!, 21 March 2013

I guess real men aren't supposed to like a show like this. It's a rom-com to the max; but it's so well written and casted it draws you in. Besides I'm a real man and I like it. There's not just one or two really good characters; there's at least six of the regulars that so much fun, you can't imagine the show cast with anyone else. You really come to like these people, care for them, worry about them. I found the show in re-runs and thank goodness they're running all the episodes one after the other; I'm more then two thirds of the way thru, and I'm sorry to see it coming to and end. It's hard to rate these episodes they're all quite good; the lowest I've down rated one was to a 7. Most are 8's and 9's with several 10's like this one. This was a great episode about Dharma finding out about a sacrifice her father made for her; or did he? And we get to see a talent that Alan Rachins, who plays Larry Finkelstein (Dharma's father) has. And he's really quite good at it. I usually don't like episodes of shows written so an actor can show off their other talents (whether they have them or not; and whether we want to experience it or not). This was such well written episode; and Alan Rachins talent stands on it's own. Give this episode a tumble, you won't be sorry; but watch the whole show and see how people should treat each other.

What the heck???, 13 February 2013

We've known all these characters for a few years now; but what have they done to them with this season? This episode was heavy on what seemed like character introductions; I guess they felt we needed it with what they've done to them. While they look the same they're all over wrought with psychological problems. If I lived in Los Angeles I would have to think twice before dialing 911. It looks like they get assistance from the real LA police department; but with the looks of the start of this season, I'm surprised their willing to help. Here's hoping that the only way this can go is up; especially since this is the last season of the show.

An insult to your intelligence!, 28 January 2013

I'm surprised this wasn't a made for TV film! It has the look of a TV production, it was most likely video taped. The writing and direction is not up to movie standards. While they do have some veteran actors; they performances were tainted by poor writing. The writer decided that rather then rely on well written story with just a few of the points he wanted to make; he decided to throw every racism cliché into this one. And while the story is just plain silly; the poor direction leads to some pretty poor performances. I'm sure many of the actors in this film don't list this as one they are proud of. We all know that there are abuses by law enforcement; but this writer/director is beating us over the head with this script. If your looking for a well written, well acted story that make you feel like you got your monies worth; avoid this film like the plague. Written at about a 4th grade level.

"Life" (2007/I)
Another monumentally stupid decision by NBC!, 4 September 2012

I was every episode of this show while it was running on NBC; and I've since bought bought the the two seasons of the show on iTunes. I've all the episodes a few more times over the years; and it hasn't lost any of it's original appeal. In the last five to ten years NBC has been making terrible programing decision; which is demonstrated by their terrible ratings numbers on nearly every time period of nearly every day of the week. This was an excellent show; with a great cast, turning in great performances, helped by excellent writing. Damian Lewis and Sarah Shahi bring to life two quirky and fun characters. Damian playing man deeply affected by the years he spent in spent being brutalized while serving time for a crime he didn't commit. Add to his problems, the problems of Sarah's character who has burned many bridges on her job with the LAPD; and is stuck with Crews (Damian's character). They are backed up by a very deep and excellent supporting cast. Adam Arkin doesn't get a lot of screen time but adds a great deal to the series. Other supporting characters include Donal Logue ("Terrers", "The Knights of Prosperiety", etc.) who joins the show half way through the first season as Crews shift commander. And those are just a few of the members of this wonderful cast. Each episode was a new a new case; but there were a few on-going story lines that were woven into various episodes; that involved Crews looking the men that helped him get convicted and put in prison, his discovery of a many of the new things (small cell phones, flat panels, and many other new bits of technology and pop culture) that he has not seen before and has to get used to, his interests in new cars, his use of Zen to help him survive jail and survive the outside world. I won't go into details of episode story lines; but suffice to say this is a fun, moving, and some times gripping series. This is a show that should have lasted at least five seasons. NBC didn't bother to publicize this show anywhere near enough; and didn't give it enough time on a specific day at a specific time for this show to gain an audience. This is a smart, fun, cop drama that I can't imagine anyone, who gives it a chance, could possibly dislike. You can get all the episodes for a reasonable price on iTunes; it's a great return for your entertainment dollars. If your reading this, take my advice look this show up on iTunes and check out the previews, and buy yourself a season. Once you do; you'll be sorry there's only one more season to come by. I'd give it 15 stars if I could!!!

The Kennedy Detail (2010) (TV)
And important story told by the brave and dedicated men that lived it., 22 August 2012

This is one of those programs that shouldn't be missed. It should be shown to all children as part of their civics studies. Many of the secret service agents who were protecting the President, the First Lady, and the First Family are part of this retelling of events on that terrible November day in 1963. I was a junior high school student when President Kennedy was shot; and this event still deeply affects me. But, even though we all know they're always there; I think most of us have forgotten that there was a group of men who were obligated to be at the center of events on this historic day. And their recollections from that day was eye opening and interesting. I learned some small, but interesting details from these dedicated but wounded men. It was fascinating hearing the details of the days leading up to Dallas; and then hearing their stories from that day and the days that followed in their own words. It was very touching to see these otherwise strong men who are still deeply affected by their experiences on that day in November. This is a well done production; that will easily hold your interest. And will almost certainly tell you some things you didn't know about this story.

Lots of laughs!, 4 July 2012

Story? Ridiculous! But what this movie has is a lot of familiar stars doing some very funny things. This is crime/terrorist/comedy/love story/action type movie; all rolled into one. It's never dull; but the first twenty minutes or so were a little confusing; they through all the characters at you and your wondering what do these characters have to do with all these others. It starts to come together, and will give you several belly laughs. At it's heart there's quite a bit of action and a lot of laughs. The action is Road Runner an Wylie Cayote like. No one really gets hurt very bad. I turned to this film for some light entertainment with some laughs. This film delivered in a big way; I got a lot of laughs and felt better afterwards. Far from sophisticated; but funny.

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]