Bronco46

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Good enough to be canceled in 13 weeks!, 22 September 2016

I'm loving this so far! It's good to see a show shining a light on political correctness. This first episode introduces us to the main characters. And they are a wildly varied bunch. It looks like this show is going to take on all the stereotypes and all the things that the PC crowd loves. Many of the adult actors are people we've seen on some of the most popular series' on television. But my favorite is Minnie Driver. She great as the matriarch of this strange family, that's a challenge to any neighborhood they live in. And there's been a lot. And what really sealed it for me is that they managed to write a story about a strong woman. Without making the male lead and nincompoop.

A dearth of criminals., 12 September 2016

This series has had its moments. Like many of those who watch this show. I've been watching since the first episode of "The Closer". And since that show was so good. Major Crimes was bound to succeed, since they kept the original cast nearly completely intact. And while this episode is well written and well acted. It suffers from the same problems that most of the offerings from Hollywood in last 20 to 25 years. A lack of back guys. This is the middle episode of three that involves one of few villains left to writers and producers these days racists. And not just any racist. These are Nazi's. And they're

a large group of people who are aggressively breaking laws all over LA. And openly showing civil disobedience in demonstrations. Something Nazi's rarely do. This is like the movies where racists, businessmen, and the American Government are the only enemies of peace and freedom. Major Crimes does not present even a slightly realistic look at crime and law enforcement in the city of Los Angeles. Or anywhere else for that matter. I still watch it because most of the main (original) characters are endearing and fun to see woven into most of the story lines. Hardly a week goes by where it doesn't seem that the content came directly from a place with a name like "The Ministry of Propaganda".

A dearth of criminals., 12 September 2016

Hilarious, 22 June 2016

This episode revolves around goings on at the site of Woody's and Kelly's wedding. It starts with Carla doing an astrology chart for the and determining that this day is a bad for the wedding. And as the episode unfolds. Even none believers will begin to agree with her interpretation. More things than any one person could imagine go wrong and have to be dealt with. And as usual, it's not just the things that are going wrong that add to the humor. The attempts to deal with the problems are many times funnier than the problems themselves. Watch for some issues with the dumb waiter that will have you in stitches. A lot of shows don't have this many gags, jokes and stunts in a season. Everyone involved with the show threw all they had at this episode. And the results are hilarious. It's been carefully crafted to keep you laughing through the whole hour. This cast was proved over the previous 10 years and this was a great season ender. In fact the high quality this episode calls into question the decision to the end series and the end of next season. Everyone involved were in top form. I saw this episode when it was first offered. And catching it again nearly twenty years later was a pure delight.

Where'd the writing go!?, 20 June 2016

This used to be a fairly good show. And on some occasions rose to the level of an excellent show. But that was a long time ago. At some point, this went from interesting stories. Stories that were, for the most fairly involved and were enhanced by involving all the characters we got to know over the years from the original show that this spun off of, "The Closer". This episode, like the rest for the last couple of seasons. has social ideology being acted out against a crime story back ground. I'm sure the cast doesn't care. Most of them have worked the two shows long enough, to qualify for a pension if they were real cops. So I doubt that any of them will be agitating for getting back to more interesting actually crime stories of the past. Like so many shows out of Hollywood over the last several years. This show has been sacrificed to give the writers and producers their chance to display their social consciousness. I'm not going to bother giving a detailed review of this episode. I'm just going to say. If you looking for an engaging crime based story line. Look elsewhere. Removed from my TIVO "One Pass" queue, after a long time there.

Try not to like these people., 20 June 2016

I doubt there's anyone who wouldn't like these people. When this renovation started. I though, there's no way they will be able to get this project done. And, while they didn't get it done as quickly as they wanted to. They did get it done. And the results were amazing. They started with a really crummy, well used old bathroom. And they turned it into a very nice, and useful space. The episode ends with them having completed the framing of the space after the demo, and the tile floor. These two people (and their three dogs) seem to be wonderful. They are not yet married at the time of this episode. But, it's clear to me they are made for each other. They're fun and very likable. Most of these episodes are fun. I've done a lot of this kind of work on many different houses myself. So, I've made many of the same kinds of mistakes seen in this episode and many of the others. These two people made this delightful. Good Luck Chelsea!

Only Two Cars, 2 June 2016

Only two cars seen this particular episode. We get to see 1971 Ford Thunderbird. And a 1971 Ford Grand Torino. Both these were amazing survivors. Neither one had anything more done than a rigorous detailing. Both had original paint, hoses, carpeting, everything that came with the car from the factory. Both cars had most of the options available at the time. And they are interesting cars. While I'm a big fan of this show. This episode was a bit of let down. Apparently the owner of these cars has a large number of cars, and for some reason, they only chose to show these two. The show was packed with commercials. Some commercials from the network, and a lot from other sponsors that more like infomercials than a standard commercial. It seemed like an almost 50/50 split with the content. And even when they were talking about the cars. They repeated themselves a few times. I guess with only two fairly standard cars they didn't seem to have a lot to say.

Promise (1986) (TV)
Amazing!!, 24 May 2016

There weren't enough awards to properly honor this great made for TV movie. Whoever cast this film did an amazing job. Garner was great, but Woods was over the top great. He was amazing in this film. And those two actors together created a moving thought provoking story. I came across it by accident on Turner Classic Movies. I was just surfing by and saw James Garner and stopped to see what he was up to in this film. And I was rewarded with this marvelous story. I'm not going to spell the story out as some reviewers do. Enough people have already done that. I just want to add my voice to the others that have endorsed this film. Since it was on TV it didn't have the weight or promotion that a theatrical film might get. Don't miss this film. You'll be well rewarded.

George Wallace (1997) (TV)
A Lesson For Everyone, 24 May 2016

They don't always give Oscars to the right person. But in this case, they definitely got it right. Gary Sinese's portrayal of the extremely controversial man. He showed us the human side of this man who went through one of the most amazing transitions ever seen in public. We don't often get to see someone change to this degree. I followed this man's life as he lived it in the news. But unless you looked deeper you would have never gotten to see his transformation. He was much more than a one-dimensional racist. This is an excellent film that draws you in with tight writing. And amazing performances by everyone. But Sinese stood out. It's a shame this film didn't greater theatrical success. There're several lessons in this film. But one of the big ones was near the end when he went into the Dexter Ave. church. The people in that church. LISTENED. They didn't shout him down or interrupt in any way. We've gotten away from that in the 21st century. Even if we just "think" we don't agree with a speaker. We don't show basic decency like the people in that church did. I found it enlightening. See what you think. Give it a chance.

Awful Music!, 24 May 2016

This was an average sort of Adam - 12 episode. The usual collection of calls. But, in this particular episode all the calls are fairly minor and easily dealt with. And in this episode the underlying theme is Reed's attempt at finishing telling a long joke he heard, to Malloy. The radio keeps him from being able to finish his story until later in the episode. And once he does. Malloy and some other are not impressed, and Reed can't understand why. He winds up learning a lesson about superior officers, and their comic abilities. The negative the reappearance of the cheesy rock music that used over and over whenever a party or thoughtless person involves music. This stuff was terrible from the minute it was conceived, and it hasn't gotten any better. It's more of that awful synthesizer music that was all over TV in the late 1960's and all through the 1970's. It was all barely musical and got old very fast. Television shows were loath to pay for real music back in the day for some reason.

Page 1 of 18:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]