Bronco46

Page 1 of 19:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Change those parts!, 21 July 2017

These guys do good work. The results of their work look good and has good fit and finish. But you don't see the same kind of metal craftsmanship you see on shows like Fantomworks, Overhaulin, Bitchin Rides, and Wheeler Dealers. On those shows, they actually form and weld metal. They make huge modifications to the actual metal of the cars. These guys replace parts. In this episode, they bought a truck and threw everything away. They even go out and buy another whole cab from yet another truck. Not even the frame of the original truck is used. They bought a brand new frame, all new fenders, doors, tailgate, bed, trim, window glass. Even the engine was replaced. It hard to think of something that was refurbished for this truck. Maybe the dash, or the steering column. I'm not even sure if they used the original seat frames. When they finish. The work always looks good. They do good work. But they tend to work with new parts over restoring cars like the shows I mentioned earlier. Anyone like me, who like watching cars being worked on will like this show. Most of the people on-camera are fun to watch.

Where did they find these people. Most are pathetic whiners., 20 July 2017

This is without a doubt the biggest bunch of weaklings they ever put out in the wild to play this game. When I heard they were going to use teams I thought well that's going to make it too easy. I was wrong. If anything having someone else to complain to is making things worse! But the thing I'm seeing that bugs me the most is these guys just sitting around under a plastic tarp. And thinking that's what survival is. In all the other seasons most of the competitors starting building things almost immediately. A good shelter with a pallet up off the ground. And even build things just to amuse themselves. A couple built boats. Everyone but the woman is just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves. I can't figure out how the producers chose these people. Very little of what's being done by these people could be called field craft at all. And they're all acting like they didn't give any thought to any of what they agreed to. Most are home sick. And it hasn't even been two weeks. These people don't even have the sense not to sleep on the ground in a rain storm. Especially on a hill. There are a few words I could use to describe these people. But IMDb.com wouldn't like it. So I'll just say this is a very sad look at American's ability to save themselves if they ever had to for more than couple days. The last season had people in the field for 90 days. And even then those people didn't give up. They were ordered in by the medical people for extreme weight loss. THis group is pathetic. The only one who gets off her ass and does the kinds of things you have to do survive and avoid the psychological problems. Is Brooke. She and her companion are doing it right. And will almost certainly be the last team standing. All the others are just looking for excuses to quit.

"Our best flip yet!", 18 July 2017

This something these flippers, and all flippers for that matter say. But, in this particular case. They were right! This was an absolutely beautiful redo. When they opened up the floor plan of this mid-century gem. They bumped this house into another category. From a nice re-do. To a spectacular home that anyone would be proud to call home. And even though this is a relatively small home. It turned out incredible. Who needs a sprawling mansion? Especially when you could have this little beauty. Christine is an amazing designer. And Tarek knows when to listen to her. Tarek really does know the real estate business. And doesn't hesitate to get his hands dirty. He really good at laying tile too. Keep up the good work Christine & Tarek.

Cringe-worthy!, 8 July 2017

This was a terrible way to start what became the sixth and final season. I'm surprised Richard Boone agreed to perform this script and I'm equally surprised that William Conrad agreed to direct. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of both Richard Boone and this iconic show. But this one was a clinker. The idea of this story-line isn't a bad one. They struggle to tell us the origins of the Paladin name. But the story they came up with is hard to watch, even for a big fan. The story opens with Paladin being attacked by a young man with a gambling debt. Paladin, of course, survives the attack. And after what amounted to a really vicious attack. He sits down with the man who attacked him and gave him the history of Paladin. When you watch this episode see if you deal with someone who shot at, and attacked you in this way. What was even more preposterous was Richard Boone playing a duel role. It just didn't work. The makeup was pretty good. But there's covering up that voice. For me, it just did not work at all. And in the end was a silly story. But, I think what I most resented about this story was the way they handled the character of the man called Paladin. It had previously been established that Paladin was West Pointe educated Army officer. And educated and honorable man. But in this episode, they make him a much smaller gambling addicted man who is clumsy with a gun. And who has is kept trapped while he is given instructions on how to become more handy with a gun. I found myself cringing as this story unfolded because I am a fan of the show. There's a stunt in this story that is completely ridiculous. Watch for it. And see if you think anyone could survive and be talking afterward.

Frightening Experience with Local Law Enforcement!, 29 June 2017

The local sheriff's department, in this case, let this family down from the first moment of this case. The sheriff's department's decision to make the family wait 24 hours may have prevented finding the young girl in the case alive. They then did the most amateurish search of the missing girl's car that it was rendered useless as a piece of evidence. The family had to call the FBI, the sheriff's office did not. But any evidence the sheriff's office had was so badly handled it was useless. Which made his and his wife's appearance in this episode so surprising. There was no explaining away the mistakes made by his department. After all this, it's hard to imagine they could foul up any worse. Well, then they brought the case to court against the wrong man. The local detective said things on the stand that caused a mistrial. Which was a good thing for the man they had accused! Finally, years later a cold case detective got involved. His investigation led to the proper person being charged. But the bad stuff doesn't stop there. Not only did they wind up letting the vicious murderer plead to a lower charge. It was later determined that the defense attorneys were holding back information. Important information. The sheriff and everyone associated with that office should be ashamed of themselves. And they needed retraining. But to me, the most disgusting actions were those of the defense attorney associated with the 2002 case. He should have face some form of punishment.

Funny Face (1957)
Genuine Class!, 27 June 2017

I'm not sure there were many women who could have pulled off this film in such an amazing fashion (sorry for the pun). This was more a celebration of Audry, then anything else. And she was somehow simple and radiant at the same time. The story is familiar. The simple shop girl is discovered by simple happenstance. At first, she resists. And then she dives in, head first. But there's also the May - December story line between Fred Astaire and Audry. But, just looking at Audry in all the different settings and costumes is worth the price of admission. Of course with Fred Astaire, there are several dance numbers and songs. And they are a cheerful addition. But it all still comes down to Audry. And this is a great film for serious Audry fans. We get to see so many different images of Audry. The first costume we see her in after losing her bookstore duds, combined with her natural beauty. Is jaw-dropping. While watching this film of this amazing woman. It should be remembered that in spite of her natural attributes. She was carrying and unaffected human being. Her work with UNICEF. The work she did for that agency saved many lives. She genuinely cared for the people she was trying to help.

Unexpected turn!, 19 June 2017

And interesting start to the beginning of the last season of what has been a well written. And well-acted look at some of the little-known things that went on behind the scenes of the Revolutionary War. Benedict Arnold is settling in, in his new uniform. For a traitor, he has maintained a high opinion of himself. Even after the British went back on their deal with him. And while he has a title it means little with the British not respecting him. This episode also seems to be turning another corner I found it difficult to listen characters bad mouthing President Washington and Martha. It appears that the politics of today are bleeding over into the way the writers are dealing with General Washington and his wife.

Very Topical for 21st Century., 13 June 2017

In this episode, a Chinese man arrives in Dodge. And his arrival rubs a few of the residents the wrong way. But they don't all have the same issues. Some are about bigotry. And some are about thievery. Matt and Chester are forced to spend a lot of time trying to just make sure the Chinamen is left alone. There's an interesting character played very well by Sebastian Cabot. He plays a morally weak, but judgmental man. He even goes after Kitty at one point. For working in a saloon. He sees himself as a man who knows what's right. Even Matt does some stereotyping. But we get to see that it does no harm when not used as a weapon, to hold someone back. As the story moves forward through all the usual 50's western goodness. At some point someone does something to dishonor the Chinaman, and for while it's hard to know if it's true or not. Did he do it to himself? After the primary story is resolved. Matt makes an important statement about citizenship and immigration to the United States of America. The Chinamen threatens to kill the person or persons that dishonored him. "I will not lose my honor as a Chinese" It's then that Matt reminds him. "Chen you said you wanted to bring your wife here and make this country your home. If you do that. You have to do that as an American. Not a Chinese." He goes on to remind him that killing someone would prove he doesn't belong in Dodge or any other place in this country. Something all Americans should remember when it comes to immigration in the 21st century. The United States has always had it right with E Pluribus Unum. It's what keeps us all pulling in the same direction. They've known it since the 18th century. And, it still applies today (2017).

This episode demonstrates why this is such a good show., 29 May 2017

This episode is about a woman who's been the caretaker for her brother's cars. She lost her brother Raymond in 1986. And she's been taking wonderful care of his cars. Just as he did. She's known Wayne for quite some time. He's helped her by coming over from time to time, to winterize her cars But, this year it was a very chilly day and he had

Hazel go inside to warm up while he worked on the car and check the fluids. He had a little trouble and went inside to tell her he was going after some tools. She told him she had come to a decision. Wayne had two of Raymond's cars. And she thought it was time for the Hudson to be with the other two. Wayne bought the car on the spot. On the day that Wayne came back with the roll-back. Hazel came to bid the car goodbye. Wayne read her mood, and told her he was going to get it running. And he'd be back to show her the car and take her for a ride. She was thrilled. And that something Wayne does very well. He takes care of people first and then their cars. He understands what these cars mean to these people and always treats people very well. He has a caring manner. Not every episode is exactly like this. But they're all infused with Wayne's love for the cars. And his understanding of the emotional ties people have for their cars. And the connection to their loved ones. Some of whom have passed on. Great show.

What does being an MMA fighter have to do with this topic? Answer: NOTHING!, 5 May 2017

This show was billed as following the model of the original "Flip or Flop". But, it doesn't really. Yes, it has a couple acquiring homes that need work, and they do do that work. But that's where it ends. These people have two children that we see from time to time. But they don't really include them in the show like the El Moussa's do. I haven't even seen their names on-screen nor were they introduced to us. They just come and go. The difference is obvious. They don't seem to understand that helps humanize them to us. And warm our feelings about them and the show. But maybe they don't care about that. But they're very concerned about letting us know that they can (if they have too), beat people up. That's included in the opening scenes for every episodes. And I'm already sick of that. Also on the original show general contractors were introduced on-screen, as were most other contractors. Even the people that do the staging for them. You got to feel you knew these people from week to week. And in a small way come to care about those people. That's not part of this show. There are people moving around in the background. But the spotlight stays on the hosts. This show is nowhere near as well put together as the original, "Flip or Flop". That show does most the same things this show does. But this one is poorly organized and just doesn't flow from one end to the other like the original. I've noticed they rarely use story producers, or show producer and haven't used full fledged field producers at all. They have a field associate producer some of time. And, I think this is part of what's led to a show that doesn't feel anywhere near as warm as Flip or Flop. Meanwhile there has been no change in quality of Flip or Flop. And it's fairly widely known there have been problems behind the scenes over there. But, it hasn't affected the quality of the show. Both people on this show are personable, I guess. But the emphasis on their martial arts training and all the talk about it during the show becomes a "roll of the eyes" moment. And if you're a fan of the other show. You know that the quality of work is just not the same as that done by the El Moussa's. That's not a fan talking. It's just the facts of what we've seen so far. I hope they work on the organization and polish of the show. But so far it's been a disappointment

Page 1 of 19:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]