IMDb > "No Tomorrow" (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"No Tomorrow"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"No Tomorrow" More at IMDbPro »

Refreshingly Upbeat

Author: killer1h from United States
11 October 2016

In a world full of doom and gloom shows based around conniving drama, we have this ray of sunshine. A show that's not based on comedy per say but just a genuinely uplifting and refreshing take on life.

Xavier is a guy who believes that the world is coming to an end in about eight months, and because of this he's made a list of all the things he wants to do and does them one by one. Meanwhile Evie is a very by the book, within the bounds of law, order and normalcy type of girl and when they meet it brings about such an unexpected turn in her life that it's just fun and great to watch.

Update: 6/10 sadly as the show progressed it started to lack depth. And like a lot of other shows kind of fallen off as a result.

Great and uplifting show

Author: thinger-62775
7 December 2016

Love the show and the actors and my wife and I look forward to the next show every week. I miss Galavant (Joshua Sasse) but this show is a nice second big role for Joshua. This show is fun, light and a little bit romantic and every episode leaves you feeling happy and optimistic about life. It is a cool premise and I hope this show makes it a few seasons at least. If you haven't watched it, enjoy. Episode 8 which I just watched leaves us on a cliff hanger and I. can't wait to see what happens next. Watch and support this great show and you won't be disappointed. Apparently I need to write 10 lines so watch the show and have fun.

Great fun

Author: d-harleydavis from Canada
29 November 2016

My wife and I are always arguing over what show we will watch on Netflix. Last night we settled on 'No Tomorrow' and tonight we are caught up on all the available episodes. The show is well acted, hilarious, endearing and a tiny bit gripping. We can't wait for the next episode to come out tomorrow. We love the show so much that we are watching with a little feeling of impending doom, wondering if it will be cancelled. Hopefully we will get a second season... we will be waiting with bated breath! Tori and Joshua are just incredible, and Jonathan, Sarayu and Jesse are hilarious. Where the hell did they find Amy Pietz?! She's ridiculously awesome as Dierdre. The supporting cast are also hilarious. We have perma-grins the last two days watching this show. The show seemed cheezy at first, but I relate it to 'Chuck' a lot. The cheeziness is intentional and ads to the plot. Give it a chance people, we need more!

Adorable and funny

Author: samraski from Vancouver, BC
28 November 2016

This show might just be the most genuine, uplifting romp since Friends. The premise is fun, the characters are very likable, and the writing is solid.

As the series progresses the premise and carpe diem antics do fall a bit by the wayside in favor of more standard sitcom set pieces, but the cast never fails to be charming and entertaining.

Xavier and Evie make the most endearing on-screen couple in recent memory. They're basically the new Jamie and Paul (Mad About You), but with considerably more zest. They might even dethrone Ross and Rachel in due time. They are just that much fun to watch.

Starts out promising, but loses its groove

Author: improbabilities from Canada
11 December 2016

The first couple episodes had already been released when I sat down to watch the pilot, and I found my attention immediately captured by the breezy and creative tone. The enthusiastic, charming, happy-go-lucky personalities of Xavier and Evie, the two attractive leads, as well as the comedic relief supplied by the mostly likable side characters, made 'No Tomorrow' easily pleasurable viewing.

Fast forward to some weeks later, after the 9th episode has been aired prior to the Christmas break... unfortunately, what at first seemed like a fresh, quirky romance story has gone downhill, on account of one of its main settings - the place where Evie works. Who honestly wants to see the antics of warehouse laborers on screen every week?

Viewers often watch TV to escape from the mundane aspects of their own life, so framing this series into a workplace comedy that focuses on the female lead's daily life, and the shenanigans of her family and friends (some of whom, such as her ex- boyfriend, seem like rather unnecessary additions) is a wasted opportunity. Wasn't it supposed to be about the free-spirited guy who introduces her to a more fun and adventurous way of living? Xavier and Evie should have been travelling together and having more wild and crazy exploits, instead of taking their spare time to engage in a bunch of tame PG-rated activities that could have been part of a 10-year-old's birthday celebration. There's nothing wrong with innocent fun, but if Xavier really believes the world is ending... then this show needs a larger budget.

If it is renewed for a second season, I hope they decide to go in a more imaginative direction and drop the workplace setting, while continuing to keep the atmosphere fun and light-hearted.

My thoughts on Season 1

Author: quantex
12 January 2017

I have tried to review this series earlier, but it has gotten harder because of the variations from episode to episode. I liked episode 11 very much and read an article on tvseriesfinale.com, where it said, "CW boss Mark Pedowitz did say if the show does well when it's released on Netflix this spring, there could be a chance for a second season." Therefore, I am going to try one more time and share my thoughts about this series.

Like most of the users' reviews posted here, I find the show hilarious with relatable and enjoyable characters. The cast is great,and the script has great lines, delivered superbly by actors.

The elements that made the show less attractive are too many story-lines and too many guest roles. Each episode has several short bits, at times irrelevant to the core theme, and often looking like teen-age kids' pranks. However, as stated earlier, the problem is with weaving too many incidents into one episode.

It started out with the premise that Xavier's prepared bucket list of things he wanted to do but his chance encounter with Evie changes his mode of thinking. Living in the moment is not the same as preparing a bucket list and fulfilling that goal. Off and on. Evie's boy-friend pops up making Evie's lovelife a bit omplicated. It is brought to a head with Evie suggesting that the two men should allow her to date both of them is strange. Would any man, head over heels in love with a woman agree to such arrangement? Unless, it is threesome, but that is not case here.

A second story-line is the romance between the supervisor Diedre and one of the employees, Hank. I did not care for this part but I am sure there are others who would like it.

The ensemble of actors and actresses as regular cast is impressive. But not all of them are used to their full potential. I am sure each viewer has his or her favorite actor/actress and so I will not go into that area. But, generally speaking, Evie's character is wholesome. She is consistent and relatable. Xavier started out as a scientist with a ground-breaking theory about apocalypse. However, the character keeps changing and goes in so many directions that I found to it hard what to make of it.

The other character that is a bit annoying is Hank. Not that the actor is bad but the screen time for this character is not in step with the core theme--Hank with Evie, Hank with Diedre, Hank with Timothy,and Hank with Xavier. I started wondering if this is Hank's show and not Xavier's theory of apocalypse. The show would have been more believable and solid, if Xavier had played that role of "being there" for everybody. Even in the latest trailer released today, Hank, not Xavier or Evie, is presented as spokesperson; Kareema and Timothy are not featured at all there. Maybe it has something to do with the actor's contract, but in this show, it is overkill.

In the early episodes, Kareema and Timothy are nothing but shadowy, Kareema more than Timothy. I have never seen regular cast getting so little screen time. This however is amended in later episodes, which is an improvement. Kareema's character started picking up in episode 8 or 9 with her involvement with Sofia. I certainly hope this actress is used to her full potential.

If this is renewed, the writers need to make it more adventurous, more daring. Painting a house in pink or jumping in soap suds are not the kind of things I would want to do, if I know the world ends in 8 or 6 months. I would want to fight a lion.

I also want to know whether this is sci-fi, romance, comedy, dramedy, romdram, or drama. I must admit in the latest episode it did look more like a drama, and for that reason, I liked it a lot.

cute and light apocalypse rom-com

Author: SnoopyStyle
18 January 2017

In Seattle, Evie Covington (Tori Anderson) is a timid worker at Cybermart. Hank and the sour Kareema are her co-worker friends. Deirdre Hackmeyer is their maniacal boss. Timothy is her reserved soft-spoken ex still pining for her. She meets Xavier Holliday at a farmers market and then his package is misdelivered to her. Evie falls for the free-spirited Xavier but there is more to his eccentricity. He calculated a world-ending asteroid is coming and the apocalypse is nigh. He has eight months and twelve days to do his bucket list and Evie reluctantly joins him.

Firstly, Tori Anderson is super-cute and does awkward very well. She has a good mix of friends and the guy is tolerable. It's not the most compelling rom-com but it has enough quirky to work. More can be done with the apocalypse. It's light and fun but isn't anything extraordinary.

some how this show kept me watching idk how though

Author: buddyrun from United States
18 January 2017

They really need to start adding fantasy to the tags for these kind of shows because i'm yet to see anything in this show even based in reality. I really hope no one is taking life lessons from this show because aside from the message to get out and live your life from the first episode everything in this show has very bad and conflicting messages. They talk about taking responsibility but then its a cake walk which they are rewarded for if they even try to so. They really have zero understanding or respect for financial issues that real people deal with everyday. They under mind the struggle and harsh reality of debt and responsibility constantly. None of this would bother me so much if there wasn't such a problem with this sort of behavior in the generation I've sadly been lumped into. Ahhh yes the millennials don't get me wrong i'm sure there are plenty of 90's kids that are just as good if not better people than me. However there seems to be an ever growing percentage that just idk missed out on the life lessons about personal responsibility and respecting other people. This show only serves to endorse and justify these types of behavior and others, perhaps it is not there intent to do so but if you read between the lines at all its there and its a bad message.

Another Cheap Canadian Series Pretending to be Set in Seattle.

Author: Man99204 from United States
10 October 2016

What is so incredibly wrong with Vancouver, Canada?

This is yet one more series filmed in Canada which pretends to be set in Seattle. For those of us who actually live in Washington State this is incredibly offensive.

Not that it will matter because this program is one big steaming pile of "Seen it all before". It will be luck to make it to Thanksgiving.

This is the same lame premise you have seen before -- and always much better done. One "Zany" person and one "Sane-ish"person who fall in love. Think "Dharma and Greg" and any number of prior Series.

The leads are "Pretty" and almost totally devoid of any real personality or acting skills. Writing is tame and ever so predictable.

If you want to totally waste an hour of your life waste it on watching this stinkeroo.