IMDb > Non-Transferable (2017) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Non-Transferable More at IMDbPro »

Take a leap into the ocean!

Author: mjmazza
15 February 2017

As a person with usernames like wand3rlust and mustlovemaps, who loves to travel, is an aspiring travel blogger, and watches or reads almost anything travel/travelogue related, it's practically a given that I would love Non-Transferable. It's helped by the fact that I'm nearly as much of a Jane Austen fan (and therefore a huge fan of Ashley Clements' due to the wildly popular Lizzie Bennet Diaries series) and so I found out about this little gem because of her.

What I didn't expect was for this film to really come into my life at the perfect moment with such a positive and inspirational message of hope and optimism. Sometimes as millennials we get so mentally trapped by what should happen in our lives rather than what IS happening. Or worse yet, when things are difficult, we feel so trapped by what is happening that we can't see how we might get out of it. This is not to say those fears are unfounded (they aren't) but it's nice to have a reminder that good things can still happen with bumps in the road.

As a single, childless, 33 year old woman, I know full well what it's like to be disappointed with aspects of "The Dream TM" not going the way previous generations told us it would if we just followed the road-map they set down for us. It can be hard to pick yourself back up and look at other options. But this film shows that sometimes you have to just go with the flow and let life take you on a new path, even if it's scary. As a friend of mine once told me, something that might feel like a setback now, could just be a perfect opportunity to catch your breath and re-group. And really that's the message at the heart of this movie.

I loved the fun uses of social media, the entrepreneurial spirit to this film with Amy and her creative business sense and I think it's a refreshingly nice look at millennials and how we see and interact with the world around us.

I love a good indie rom-com (or drama) with fun travel elements to them. I think it's because travel makes us more honest versions of ourselves. If you like good travel- themed films like Wild, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Chasing Liberty, Take Me Home, and Leap Year then I think you'll enjoy this fast paced and fun film. A solid film from this fresh young group of actors, directors, cinematographers, etc.

P.S. I'm curious why the delightful Brendan Bradley isn't listed as the second lead star as "Joshua Merit"? Hopefully IMDb will correct that since it seems a dis-service to not highlight Brendan's his easy charm on screen with his co-star Ashley Clements in addition to his writing and directing talents.

A gorgeous movie that will make you fall in love with its characters

Author: A C
18 February 2017

I'm not really good at critiquing movies - i just know that this one made me really happy. It made me smile and laugh and i fell in love with these characters. The cinematography is really gorgeous as well. If this does not make you want to travel and fall in love, i don't know what will. I know a lot of hard work went into this and the movie has been a long time coming. It was really worth the wait!

A great little film that will make you smile

Author: walterhpdx from United States
14 February 2017

Got to watch the movie after the premier last night; I've been looking forward to it for a while! I have to say that the premise is cute, and the story is written very well. Brendan Bradley (Michael Joshua) hits the mark in his portrayal. There's a lightheartedness to his performance that I just loved - but at the same time, he hints at stuff that's unresolved (you need to watch/listen carefully to catch it). His impulsiveness is the perfect match for the more methodical, analytical Ashley Clements (Amy Tyler), who is perfect in her role.

Beyond that, this film doesn't let go of the background people; they don't just fade away. The characters Marcie, Sandra, Robert, and Michael (great callback on Michael, folks!) round out a nice cast.

The scenery is fantastic, as is the cinematography and production value. This is a perfect movie to watch, either with your friends, your Boo, or just a box of popcorn. Very well done!

Great film

Author: Abi Underwood from United Kingdom
22 February 2017

Non-Transferable made me laugh and cry at the same time, which is pretty much the best thing I can say about a film. This film is beautifully shot and well cast. The characters are extremely endearing. Josh and Amy are especially funny as seemingly polar opposites, but side characters are also brilliant and relevant to the plot. The story-line is funny, yet very honest. Love it!

Modern day variant of a Rom-Com that's fantastic

Author: Mauro MB from United States
21 February 2017

A totally revamped Rom-Com that departs from the traditional and feels right at home in 2017. Love the fact that this all plays out in Turkey, an amazing and beautiful country I had the chance to visit years ago and watching it brought back awesome memories. Brendan Bradley and his co-star, Ashley Clements both do a fantastic job in their respective roles. If you're a lover of Rom-Coms or just in the mood to watch one, this movie should be on the top of your list. GREAT job and congratulations on a GREAT film. #TwoThumbsUp

Adorable!

Author: Casey from Virginia
19 February 2017

I loved this lighthearted film, and I definitely found myself laughing out loud at times. The scene on the plan had me in stitches. The setting was also UNBELIEVABLE; I've never been to Turkey but I definitely want to go now! The actors did a great job and had really good chemistry. Two thumbs up! I'll definitely recommend this to others.

Perfect Lazy Afternoon Flick

Author: Penny Clark from United States
18 February 2017

If you are looking for a well acted Romantic Comedy that has a believable plot, this is it. Non-Transferable is Funny, Witty and Smart. You almost immediately relate and care about the main character , played by Ashley Clements. A feel-good, afternoon on the couch with popcorn flick. And the locations! Beautifully filmed. Kudos to Brendan Bradley writing and directing a RomCom that keeps you engaged.

Best Rom Com Premise Ever

Author: Wilson Cleveland from Los Angeles, CA
15 February 2017

Probably the most original premise for a romantic comedy I've ever seen. Great acting, great writing, great direction. Brendan Bradley and Ashley Clements have fantastic chemistry - you truly root for these characters to get together. The Turkey locations are breathtakingly gorgeous and I now absolutely want to visit. Highly recommend this movie. I loved it!

Such a cute film!

Author: Megan Reif from United States
15 February 2017

This movie is just delightful. I've been waiting for it come out for over a year, and it did not disappoint. I have a feeling I'll be re- watching it many times over. Amy and Joshua go on a whirlwind, rom com adventure to Istanbul, Cappadoccia, Ephesus, the Aegean Sea, and other hidden gems all over Turkey. It's truly a love letter to Turkey, and the entire movie is gorgeously shot. The dialogue is charming and witty, and the characters are immensely likable. This is such a cute, feel-good movie filled with banter and shenanigans and a healthy sprinkle of rom com staples. If you're interested, there are also a ton of videos on their YouTube channel showing how they managed to film this gorgeous movie with a tiny crew and plenty of moxy. Highly recommend!

A film as beautiful, funny, warm, and magically romantic as its setting in Turkey

Author: Ed Powell from United States
15 February 2017

Non-transferable is a film that reminds me of the great romantic comedies of the 1990s, updated for the modern world of the internet and the sharing economy. Amy, having been dumped by her boyfriends after she buys a non-refundable, nontransferable romantic trip to Turkey for them both, searches for someone of the same name to bring with her, so the trip is not a total waste. Amy is played by the remarkably talented Ashley Clements, one of the finest comedic actors of her generation. The person she finds to replace her old boyfriend is played by the extremely appealing Brendan Bradley. You want to spend time with these two people, and they take you on a whirlwind tour of Turkey, from Constantinople to Ephesus to Capadoccia, as the characters find out whether life needs to be planned down to the last moment, or whether occasionally you should just live life as it happens to you. Warm, funny, at times joyous, this film is for everyone looking for love or already in love. Highly recommended.