IMDb > "Lethal Weapon" (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Lethal Weapon"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Lethal Weapon" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Give it a chance. No, Really

Author: Taryk Mazzeo
10 November 2016

Boy did i have doubts about this. The trailers certainly made me more optimistic, but I still put off watching the first episode when it came out because i really didn't know what to expect.

Of course its over the top (it is lethal weapon after all) but here's the thing... Right now i'm looking forward to this show every week more than any other. They've completely nailed the casting and characters of Riggs and Murtaugh, from Murtaugh's protectiveness of his family to Riggs's crazy outward charm, thinly veiling a near suicidal depression. More than that though, they've managed to recreate the bromance that made the originals so memorable. That is truly where this show excels, at being a damn good buddy cop story.

So here's my suggestion. Don't expect anything, don't pre-judge it, just watch the first few episodes. If you still don't like it then fine, but i'm betting that if you liked the originals, then you will.

Don't believe the naysayers

Author: jdoneagain from Fairfax, VA
27 September 2016

No spoilers - but the TV show played like a big Hollywood production. When I discovered McG was directing and producing the show (at the opening credits), my expectations went up considerably.

I've enjoyed Damon Wayans for a long time, and for whatever reason, this production reminds me a lot of "The Last Boyscout" - a not often mentioned little gem of a movie.

The camaraderie between the two of them seems real, all the casting choices were amazing. Even "the bad guys" gave a pretty ominous impression.

I really hope this one goes the distance - and I hope they can keep up the pace - what a RUSH! Fanfrickintastic!

Doesn't have the Vibe of the movies but as a cop/buddy TV series...it could work...

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
29 September 2016

When I heard that "Lethal Weapon" is going to have a reboot as a TV series, I instantly thought what the title of my review it would be: "I'm too old for this..sht!". There's no way such a thing could possibly work.

The main concern of course it would be the cast. How can you make a "Lethal Weapon" without Gibson and Glover? Well, the answer is you can't. I mean not really. But, if you pack it nicely, you might end up with a decent police dramedy.

So, the cast. Clayne Crawford isn't Mel Gibson. He doesn't have his crazy eyes and smile. He is more like a sad version of Riggs. Damon Wayans is a capable comedian, a veteran in action comedies, but he can't bring what Danny Glover brought to the movies. It brings something though...

There is certain chemistry between the 2 leads, but has a totally different vibe from the original. It may grow on you eventually but not like the original pair.

The pilot episode (directed by McG) is full of action, cars, explosions, fights and shooting. For the sake of the show I hope they continue bring enough action to the upcoming episodes.

Overall: Reboots are usually disappointing (like MacGyver) but this one is OK. It has a different vibe from the movies, but it seems like extremely difficult to assemble a similar pair. As a cop/buddy TV series it might work, if the writers won't get lazy that is. I'll keep watching...for now...at least..

A good thing ? YES

Author: andrewrout-13203 from SW uk
2 November 2016

I thought "how can they make this"

I was surprised, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope they lose the suicidal bit like the films did.

Could get a bit silly like the constant bickering in Hawaii five 0. Good series so far seems to be a good partnership.

I look forward to it every week.

Wasn't sure about the new Riggs but he is growing on me.

Just wish he would get a haircut.

As long as they stay away from the old stories things will be fine. nothing like a good action series.

hope we get series 2.

Very pleasantly surprised!

Author: (mypersonaluse)
27 September 2016

I watched the first episode fully prepared to be disappointed, but wow, these guys really pulled it off! I actually think if it continues to be this good, I will like this better than the original movies. It's that good. And, I am not your "typical" action-cop watcher...just an old lady who would never like this series just for the guts and glory. The chemistry between the characters was evident from the get-go...and I mean all the characters not just the 2 leading men. The writing is really good and solid. If the rest of the episodes just remain on par with the first one, it will be a good show. If they get better and better, it will be a GREAT series. Here's hoping!

Fun Show

Author: Magnum
14 December 2016

This is a great show that's lots of fun to watch! I look forward to it each week.

The characters (actors) are getting much better week by week... they're getting more comfortable with each other and figuring out how to work off each other. This is a great indication that the show will continue to get better each week/season.

Obviously, this isn't a CSI type show... this is a show to escape with, have fun, laugh at the random jokes/situations, all while at the same time digesting the pain the lead character must be in after his wife died. (this isn't a spoiler... the entire movie franchise is based on a guy that's mentally unstable due to his wife's death).

So the viewer gets to see a new episode each week where the situation is resolved - while at the same time getting subtle hints about the underlying issue of his wife every episode or two. Therefore, a great show for a one-time viewer as well as the continuous viewer.

Well worth waiting for

Author: nowego from Australia
20 November 2016

Being a HUGE fan of the Lethal Weapon movies and having seen them uncountable times I was a bit apprehensive about this show and therefore didn't start watching it until I had accumulated 5 episodes.

My partner and I, having exhausted our regular supply of shows that we watch decided to watch this and see how it went. Five hours later we were hanging out for more and now we look forward to getting this one each week.

No one will ever live up to the original movies and that is to be expected. Having said that I would hope that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover would give their approval to this show.

I have been a fan of Damon Wayans for a long time and Clayne Crawford has certainly grown on me.

If you haven't already seen any of the episodes, go in with no expectations and you will enjoy it.

Great hump night viewing!

Author: Spida1023 from United States
13 October 2016

I'm always hesitant to view remakes of things I've liked in the past, but this one is an 'all thumbs up'. I became familiar with Clayne Crawford in 'Rectify' where he played a sane, but vile, version of Martin Riggs. I was a bit apprehensive about him playing Martin Riggs, the insane version. But it works GREAT!!!! He plays the character wonderfully!! The partnership of Damon and Clayne is an excellent combo. I love this show. It's like a mini movie every Wednesday night. I'm glad to see the number of episodes was increased. Finally!!! Something to watch on hump day Wednesdays that gets your blood pumping and your laughter flowing. I hope there is a season two.

Lethal Weapon movie fans - Don't be afraid

Author: borges_al from Portugal
28 November 2016

It's really hard to talk about Lethal Weapon without thinking about Danny Glover saying "i'm too old for this ****", Mel Gibson pointing a gun to his head every time he can and Michael Kamen composing those amazing soundtracks that make you feel the pain of Martins Riggs.

Wayans portrays the family guy that is always over-stressed and only wants to get home in the end of the day to be with his family. So from Wayans i expected a very good Roger Murthaug.

In the other hand, from Crawford or any other actor i didn't expect anything. I knew this from the start because grieving through the eyes like Mel Gibson did in the movie, it's just impossible. However, i was really surprised by Crawford, he really puts work on Riggs's bipolar mood. You can see his pain even in his body language.

There are plenty of explosions and car chases. Lots of gunshots, near death experiences with the two cops cheating death every time, just like we are used to.

We don't have a Mel Gibson and a Danny Glover, but we have something good that follows and respects the footsteps of a classic.

Great show! Terrible hairstyle

Author: Josh Gordon from Tucson, AZ
18 November 2016

The casting of Wayans is perfect for Murtaugh. Crawford as Riggs is also a great fit. The two have great chemistry, and the show mimics the movies well. The reason for Riggs' suicidal behavior is well explained and believable, and it adds a level of realism to the show that is much better done than in the movies as well.

There are two "problems" I've found with the shows. First (and they did the same thing in the movies), Murtaugh is recovering from a heart problem yet it really never comes up again after the beginning of the first episode. I knew someone who'd had a heart attack and got a pacemaker, and he'd have problems walking up a flight of stairs. Chasing guys all over LA would be a big thing.

But the thing that really drives me crazy? Riggs' hair is out of control and really distracts (me? anyone else?) from the action.

Other than those things, it's a great show and I really like it.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]