IMDb > Force 2 (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Force 2 More at IMDbPro »

Legacy of Force Maintained

Author: Puranjan Chatterjee from India
19 November 2016

Another great action flick of John.John is taking Bollywood action movies to the next level. This movie indeed has maintained the legacy of Force. The story is pretty good with some nice twists and turns. This movie has also emphasized on the fact that the best patriots of our country are mostly branded as traitors and dishonored after death till date. Apart from these things the new concept of first person action has been brought to the Indian movies for the first time in this movie (watching that was real fun). Sonakshi was good but without her I do not think much difference would have been there in the story line. John is super awesome in angry hunk look but after Vidyut Jamwal cameo role, I would say the villain's role could have been more mean in the sequel which was utterly missing. Overall I would say it is a good movie and would perfectly satisfy the appetite for all the action freaks out there. The best part of the movie is that it is not spoiled by unnecessary romantic songs. I would conclude by saying I am eagerly watching for our desi Arnold's next action movie.

Offers an action packed sequences

Author: Maulin Parmar from Ahmedabad, India
18 November 2016

After a successful first attempt on action genre, John is giving only these type of films in which he should meant to be. Rocky Handsome was an action-thriller, which will be accepted by the viewers. And this time, the sequel of a hit action movie, is going to be bigger and better for sure.

Abhinay Deo, who gave Game and Delhi Belly, is not a known name in the audience. But, if I say that he was the director of the television series 24, than most probably all the viewers will recognize him. So, there isn't any doubt in his capabilities in action goner. But, to build up a story which can withstand with action sequences is the most important.

One guy is on a mission, in which he is killing RAW agents in China. But, one agent sends a secret message to Yash (John) before his death. So, Yash convinces RAW head to allow him to find out the villain along with one RAW officer, KK (Sonakshi). And how they manage to catch that guy, and what made that guy to do these violence are the questions which will be given in the film.

Sonakshi is good in a supporting role. She is not doing some extraordinary, but choosing these kind of films is somewhat good for her, as she is back in action after Akeera. Raj Babbar, Fardhad and Adil have cameos. Tahir Raj Bhasin as a bad-guy (Shiv) again proves that he is a new-generation villain. After giving a solid performance in Mardani, he gives another best. Hope to see his name in the category of best actor in a negative role this year.

John Abraham has to do only these kind of films. He is perfectly suitable for action hunk roles. And now a days, he is also producing such films. So, I think John will run like a horse of a race, and will stay for long.

It's very essential to keep in mind that action film has to be more speedy, more groovy. In which, a side angle of love, or even boring songs can disturb the tempo. So, the director has kept these in his mind and gives us just an item song. Believe me, that was a dull moment. Even, one background portion in Amaal's voice has to be played when Genelia Deshmukh makes an appearance. That was good.

I like all the chases. With a perfectly suitable background score, one can feel the sequences. Especially, the action sequence in an apartment where Shiv is playing a mouth-organ, and both the actors are fighting. That tune is a highlight of the film till interval. The other highlight of the film is John, uplifting a Mercedes. After lifting a bike in the first part, John is lifting a Mercedes. And I've heard that he will keep doing this in the upcoming installments of Force.

So, action lovers, just brace yourself and go for it. In climax, you can see the camera working like a counter-strike game, featuring only a loaded gun in a hero's hand, who is destroying the bad-men. In a film, I think this is a new concept, and I appreciate this thinking.

I've seen some ratings, and they are above 8. So, people are loving it. Therefore, just go for it, you will not be disappointed.

A Treat For Action Lovers But Logic Is The Missing Ingredient

Author: Vishal Budhraja (budhrajavishal@gmail.com) from Mumbai
19 November 2016

Force 2 is a pure Action film in concentrated form. It is a watchable film with more action, more style & less substance. Cinematography is good. I like the first-person camera fight in the climax, which is new in Bollywood.

Abhinay Deo's direction is perfect in chase scenes. The most interesting element in Force 2 is Tahir, the bad guy. John is perfectly suitable for these roles. Sonakshi is also good in supporting role.

I am giving 1 extra point because this film gives justification to it's genre.

VERDICT: If you are an action lover......GO FOR IT

7, I tell you why.

Author: faisalfaves
27 November 2016

A very old typical story. So predicting story.

Action is good but it was not good as the previous Force movie.

The last movie had some story but this one was so empty. The beginning has some story but after the interval movie has zero story. Now let's talk about acting, I felt Villain is the Hero and Hero is the Villain, I don't know why, but I felt it.

The villain of this movie was so good and He has done an amazing job. I really enjoyed villain acting scenes more than Hero's. I personally feel that Sonakshi Sinha is not an actress.

John Abraham: 7/10

Direction: 7/10

Story: 3/10

Music: 4/10

---

Abhinay Deo done a great job doing Delhi Belly, but Nishikant Kamat is the best director for this kind of movies.

Overall Nice Movie, One-time Watch...

A decent watch

Author: amit1717 from India
19 November 2016

Force 2 continues the story of ACP Yashwardhan. Sonakshi sinha plays the role of 'KK', a RAW agent and Tahir raj bhasin is the incredible villain 'Shiv'.

Plot summary :- The movie starts with the killing of 3 RAW agents in China. This is followed by a fight scene where ACP Yash (John Abraham) is seen lifting a car. Yash receives a book from his friend, which was a message from his friend. Soon it is understood that there is someone within the RAW who is leaking the information of Indian agents to the Chinese. Yash and KK are assigned the job to identify and catch that person and bring him back to India.

Tahir Raj Bhasin as the villain is the main highlight of this movie, the way he plays with the minds of the lead protagonists and always keeps them guessing. John and Sonakshi are pretty OK in their acting. Genelia has a guest appearance, which feels rather unnecessary.

Towards the climax, there is an entire sequence shot in first-person which is something new to Bollywood, something quite nice and enjoyable. The plot is a bit shaky but still manages to keep you engaged till the end.

Overall a decent watch. 7/10

Don't miss the FORCE-2 adrenaline

Author: nikhilbhalwankar from India
21 November 2016

With Force2, JohnAbraham has taken bollywood action to the next level. Amazing action sequences very well executed. On the top of all, the action sequences look very much close to reality.

Very good thing is there are no unnecessary songs added to the movie. Movie is not stretched unnecessarily. Runtime is around 2 hrs. This makes every minute of the movie very interesting.

Tahir Raj Bhasin who portrayed the role of villain has acted very brilliantly which lifts the story of the movie to a high level for sure.

At one point, the movie pays respect to RAW agents and in the film, while it also shows the RAW agent KK (Sonakshi Sinha) a dumb officer. This is the only downside I found in the movie. Sometimes it becomes hard to imagine that a police officer solves the clues very much faster than a RAW officer.

Overall the movie is very interesting and is way better than recently released action movie SHIVAAY. Please don't miss the FORCE-2 adrenaline.

A good action movie

Author: rodrig58
29 November 2016

Sonakshi Sinha, Akira in "Naam Hai Akira" and John Abraham, Kabir Shergill in 'Dishoom', are here together in a continuous run from China to Hungary. All the scenes are accompanied by loud music, which is not bad at all. It is even better than the last American productions. The film obviously has something of the James Bond films and the Bourne series. Even manages to be at the same height. Except that the male protagonist has not the charm and the sex appeal of Bond and Bourne. Although male model in India - read on IMDb - John Abraham is just a bit rude Asian. Acting skills, not really. The same thing can be said about Sonakshi Sinha, who is not at all suitable for this role (in "Naam Hai Akira" she is OK). That's it. Otherwise, chases, cars, motorcycles, many punches, and even more shootings, which not achieve their target, well what do you want, Bollywood action movie... And there's more, the guy who sings harmonica, the villain... his harmonica sounds almost exactly like in "Once Upon a Time in the West" (1968) C'era Una Volta il West (original title), directed by the great Sergio Leone... Remember Charles Bronson (Harmonica)?

Force 2 : An average Action and Thriller in 2016

Author: sishirkumar from KSA
21 November 2016

Force 2 is a action & thriller movie but no thrill n action was not up to the mark. Screenplay was not impressive, Action was choreographed very poor.Nothing new to see. Deo has tried to pull off the storytelling with average. Its cannot hold the audience throughout the movie. Every character has played well according to the story but could have been better. Performance of everyone was OK. No such popular songs in the movie.In the music dept it fails completely. Stunts are not as much we expected.Execution could have been better in-terms of Sonakshi's action sequences.Few action scene was flat (Poor). Cinematography was also not so impressive.Thrill in the movie was not so gripping.Logically somewhere the movie fails to impress the action movie goers. The movie has true story but action n Cinematography could have been better. A new and nice try a different story line to portray in screen but not the kind of movie we expected. Compare to Hollywood SPY movies there is nothing much to watch.

Great Action, Ordinary Story!

Author: nama chakravorty from India
23 November 2016

A sequel to a previous commercial disappointment Force, 'Force 2' again boasts some exhilarating action, but in terms of story, its very ordinary. I enjoyed the action & watching John's portrayal of a one-man army, but in terms of narrative, this sequel underwhelms.

'Force 2' Synopsis: ACP Yashwardhan (John) teams up with RAW Agent KK (Sonakshi Sinha) to get down a mastermind (Tahir Raj Bhasin), who's rapidly terminating Indian RAW Agents.

'Force 2' has a good-pace & the action, undoubtedly, is super. The climax is particularly kick-ass, when John's gun fires are shot as a first-person shooter. BUT, the Screenplay is predictable & engages in brief doses. Abhinay Deo's Writing begins well, but surrenders to clichés & the motive behind the villain's evil doings, is predictable & beaten to death. The Writing still works in its first-hour, but in the second-hour, it just doesn't engage much. And how much of stylized Action can make up for an ordinary story? Sadly, not much!

Deo's Direction, on the other-hand, is sharp enough. Cinematography is well-done. Editing is crisp, but the second-hour drags on for a little too long. Art & Costume Design are decent. Music by Various Artists, is good enough.

Performance-Wise: John reprises his role of the bad-ass ACP Yashwardhan & he scores. He looks every bit of the part & leads the show. Sonakshi's character isn't strong enough & hence, she doesn't leave a mark. Tahir Raj Bhasin's villainy was nicely shown in Mardaani & he portrays a yet another negative role. He's fine, but he ought to choose roles that offer him the scope to show his range. Narendra Jha is first-rate. Raj Babbar & Boman Irani are perfect in cameos. Genelia D'Souza is cute in her brief bit, as well.

On the whole, 'Force 2' has killer action as its ace, but a not-so-interesting story-line spoils the fun.

Garbage .....

Author: PimpinAinttEasy from India
23 November 2016

My wife is a big fan of John Abraham. I did my best to dissuade her. But she would not relent. After talking her out of watching Ae Dil Hain Mushkil there was no other way but to watch Force 2. Thank god it was only two hours long. And I did sleep through some of it.

Force 2 is mostly crap. There is no better way to describe it. Sonakshi phones it in. John is used as a sex object. I didn't like the heavy metal score at all. A great example of a bombastic score was the one used for Mad Max Fury Road. The metal score used for this film was mostly tuneless and loud. The title sequence showed some promise. But it was downhill after the murders of the RAW agents.

And the makers jumped onto the patriotism bandwagon. There was a gory song during the closing titles with John Abraham whispering threats at India's enemies. I wonder why because the film did not have anything to do with Pakistan. Or did it? Like I said I did sleep through some of it.