IMDb > Entre Idas e Vindas (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Entre Idas e Vindas More at IMDbPro »

Nice road trip movie

Author: jwwarren-242-60747 from United States
9 January 2017

Enjoyed this movie on an airplane flight, and it's indeed a good flick for a flight. There are several elements going on in this movie, but it's not complex either: the relationship of a single father with his growing son, the relationships of four female co-workers, the pending marriage of one of the co-workers, and various love stories past and present. The scenery (the coast of São Paulo) is delightful and the movie maintains a light but never frivolous tone. The cast is excellent, across the board, from the young 11 year old boy, to his father, to the four female telemarketers. A quite enjoyable though not life changing movie.

It will just always sort of turn out alright

Author: vicksel from The Hague, Netherlands
9 January 2017

It's like the high ways and main roads in Brasil, life just doesn't pass in such a fast pace as in many other countries. People take the time to actually feel, think, talk, party, eat, drink and share emotions. This movies tells a beautiful story of strangers meeting each other and because of how life turns to roll out they become connected in all kind of ways. The cinematography, the acting, the story, the music and sounds are all poetically built up to a plot that gives me a nice (movie quote:) "crocodile feeling" inside.

Is this movie the best I have seen? Certainly not! But it's that feeling of a certain saudade feeling but in a happy, warm, fuzzy kind of way that is brought to you with the tail of "life happens, but it will just always sort of turn out alright" what makes this movie so special to me. I feel connected to this world of people and feelings and surroundings and culture that I don't belong to as I was born to a Dutch family in The Netherlands. I don't know what it is, but I feel saudades when I think of my disconnection with my world and the connection I do feel with Brasil and it's people (been there for a month, amongst others, but especially with one of my dearest Brazilian friend). This movie brings the same feeling to me. I loved that.