A series of weird and terrible events happen to a young girl after she witnesses her mother's death by supernatural forces. Summoning a Doctor, who has a similar experience with another ...
See full summary »
Dilek, a housewife suddenly starts to feel presence of something abnormal in a specific room in their house. Though her husband, Omer refuses to agree with her but situation become worse. ... See full summary »
Preparing for her wedding, Kübra gets possessed by unknown livings. To cure Kübra, a psychiatrist, Ebru, gets on way. Ebru is also an old friend of Kübra. Ebru would work together with an ... See full summary »
Turkish director Hasan Karacadag is something of an unusual case. In a nation that appears uncertain how to feel about its own history with exploitation film and generally reluctant to ... See full summary »
Olivia, A New York-based journalist travels to Turkey when she receives news that her sister Marla is pregnant. Marla recently ended a relationship but decides to keep the baby and that's when sinister things begin to occur.
Director Hasan Karacadag argues that he tried to create a model of a Turkish-Islamic horror film and that he would make the world recognize this model, of which he sees "Semum" as the first... See full summary »
A woman has had her little child squashed and killed after the jins have turned the cabinet over him as she found out that this was not a coincidence or a matter of death and life rather a ... See full summary »
Öznur is a young and beautiful woman. She has had a platonic love since childhood to Kudret, who is her cousin. Kudret, however, is married to a woman named Nisa and is very happy. Jealous,... See full summary »
The story of a young couple haunted by mysterious forces and there looks to be a heavy possession element as well. The calm life of Suat and Nurcan is broken when they begin to be scared by supernatural creatures.
Ecem Cansu Aktay,
A series of weird and terrible events happen to a young girl after she witnesses her mother's death by supernatural forces. Summoning a Doctor, who has a similar experience with another girl, unraveled clandestine and awful incidents leading to unexpected outcomes. Written by
I found out about the dabbe series while browsing through IMDb once and decided to give them a go as they had pretty rave reviews. before watching the 6th part I indulged myself into Dabbe: Cin Çarpmasi (2013) & Dabbe: Bir Cin Vakasi (2012) respectively. I loved the former and found the latter to be above average too.
I was excited to watch this latest installment because of the above mentioned movies but sadly i was thoroughly disappointed. It seemed the director wanted to involve too many horror elements and was not able to contain the cesspool he created. The result was a boring, illogical movie that would make you scratch your head and think "Where have I seen it before?"
I agree it was creepy and the gore was good but it was really bad at the same time. Following are some of the things that i absolutely hated.
1. The movie is shot in a really weird way. There is a strange vignetting effect in nearly 70% of the reel. The center of the frame is clear whereas the rest is blurred on purpose. As the movie progresses the director switched to shaky cam give it a found footage effect unnecessarily and that annoyed me greatly.
2. The pacing is really slow with nothing happening at all in the first 60 minutes. We just see Alya getting possessed, mouthing words and pouncing on people aimlessly.
3. The special effects were just terrible. I don't expect such horrible imagery in movie released in 2015.
4. A lot of scenes seemed to be inspired or directly copied from major Hollywood movies. One of the renditions of the jinn seemed to be taken from "the woman in black" for example.
5. The director tries too hard to shock the audience and it stops working after a while as it starts getting too long and boring. A lot of scenes could have been done away with, without altering the story.
My advice is to avoid this movie if you have watched the previous films in the series. This has nothing new to offer.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?