IMDb > Bad Moms (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Was This Supposed to Be a Comedy

Author: (lancelong777@yahoo.com) from California
2 August 2016

I honestly don't know what to say about this horrendous, terribly unfunny movie except I wish I could get my money and time back for the waste that was this movie. Here is a suggestion - watch the movie before you release it. And, if it is supposed to be a comedy, make sure the movie makes you laugh. I know for a fact that none of you rich movie producers and stars watched this crappy film. And, if you did and told Mila Kunis that she was funny, I have to say, shame on you for lying to her. And Mila, if you watched this movie and still let them release it - you are a moron. The funniest part is when somebody says a funny word about their body parts and it just wasn't that amusing. I guess the other two people in the room didn't think it was very funny either because I never heard one person laugh for more than a moment. I think I laughed more while watching "Hannibal." Do not go to see this pile of crap. It was awful.

Absolutely awful.

Author: kimberly-chanin
1 August 2016

I would have given this movie a 3/10, but the lower rating is from sheer disappointment. This movie had such a great idea, but was executed so poorly.

We see a hard-working mom of two with the stereotypical doof-ball husband, dealing with PTA moms who seemingly have nothing better to do than make her life harder.

Aside from the TERRIBLE acting, horrible cringe inducing dialogue, it just wasn't funny. The countless crappy attempts at "humor" fell flat on their face over and over and, had I not been with a friend, I would have left after 15 minutes.

But I had to endure a SAGA of ridiculous story lines, and so many loose end tie ups. By the end I was actually willing the movie to stop so I could leave.

Just, so awful. Terrible performances, a terrible script, a disgrace to the film industry and moms everywhere. Save your money and your time.

A failure with some nasty hateful parts

Author: YourUncle Darnell from Bahamas
29 July 2016

This is another example of how a good comedy is far more difficult to make than a good drama or action flick.

I was dragged along to this movie by a friend hoping that it would not be as bad as the trailers and TV spots suggested. It is. I really wanted this movie to surprise me, to make me laugh to make me care for the characters and have some investment in the story, but it failed to achieve any of that. What I saw was a two hour mess of a movie. An unfunny, poorly written, poorly edited, contrived cash-in on the beloved Hangover franchise. It has some of the poorest dialogue and worst performances I've seen in a while. I honestly can't think of any redeeming qualities that this film has.

The ugly gag about uncircumcised men is particularly nasty and reveals a mean spirit considering that circumcision rates are declining in the USA and currently at only about 60%. So that's almost half the domestic population that has been insulted by the dirtbags responsible for this disaster. What pathology is behind this scene one can only guess at.

A Bad Movie for Moms

Author: Kevin_C1 from United States
4 August 2016

Five minutes into Bad Moms, I already knew that I had made the wrong choice. I was hoping for a silly comedy staring some actresses I find to be hilarious (Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn.) This was not the case, as most of the jokes are raunchy, cringe-worthy mom jokes.

The worst thing about this movie, which is obvious from the opening monologue, is that it is corny. The story is corny. The characters are corny. The jokes are corny. The only audience that might let them get away with this cheese-fest, is mothers, because they will be able to relate.

This movie has its moments, but the majority of its laughs fall flat. Particularly bad were a couple of different montages, specifically, one of the girls drunk grocery shopping. Most disappointing is how unfunny Kathryn Hahn is, it seems that every word that comes out her mouth has to do with sex.

This movie also fails to follow some of the basic rules of a screenplay. The characters speak for the writer, not for themselves. The main conflict doesn't even come up until half way through the movie.

The brightest spot of this movie is Kristen Bell's character Kiki, who is a weird stay at home mom. She provides almost all of the enjoyment you will get out of this film. JJ Watt and Martha Stewart also have funny cameos.

I would not recommend this movie unless you are a mother. If you are anything but, avoid this train wreck at all costs.

Game of Thrones SPOILERS BELOW

They also spoiled Jon Snow's death for the sake of a mediocre joke. Not Cool.

Bad Movie.

Author: Python Hyena from Canada
8 August 2016

Bad Moms (2016): Dir: Jon Lucas, Scott Moore / Cast: Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn, Christina Applegate, Jada Pinkett Smith: Bad movie plainly with a gripe about the tiresome schedule of motherhood. Mila Kunis as Amy Mitchell is the one passable character in this garbage. She caught her husband engaging in Internet sex so she kicks him out and discovers her schedule getting tighter. She makes friends with Kiki, played by Kristen Bell who is meant to be quirky and funny but just comes off as plain annoying. Kathryn Hahn as Carla advocate the need for sex within nearly every word that emerges from her mouth and it grows old quick. Christina Applegate and Jada Pinkett Smith are a total waste as antagonist school board bullies intent on pushing their agenda to the point of even stashing marijuana in the locker of Amy's daughter. The premise is rushed and the structure is predictable and boring. This is bad in more ways than one with two directors committing to a choppy and uninspiring job with production values straight out of the worst of direct-to- video bargain bid deals. Sure, it has a worthwhile message of the stress of motherhood, especially those balancing a job as well but the results here are embarrassing. The film concludes with the actresses sitting with their mothers discussing their upbringings. That is better than anything that appears in the film. This is clearly a film aimed at mothers and for them I say, good luck. This film is lackluster with no sign of an existing screenwriter. Perhaps the mothers could have gathered and wrote something that wasn't this bad. Score: 2 ½ / 10

Such a cliché film, I'm so disappointed!

Author: fishontheroad from England
1 September 2016

This is the second time in my life that I have walked out of a film. The first time was an art-house movie where a lady was writhing around on a floor of broken mirrors reciting Japanese haikus whilst crying for 40 minutes. I'm not sure which of the two was worse.

Let me preface this - I am a working mother around the same age as some of the characters in this film. None of this rings true to me, mostly because of the way the script was written (by a couple of men who have clearly no idea what being a working mum is). The cast is great, the idea is great. It should have almost been the Clueless of the next generation on (humour wise). The women end up looking humiliated for being meek or embarrassingly gross.

We have no idea where their children are when they decide to go AWOL. 'Hey - want to go to the movies?' 'Sure! I'll just dump these 4 under 5s somewhere and we'll go to a bar'. Hmmm.

My two friends and I lasted 20 minutes. There was a big crowd of younger girls, possibly not yet having had kids, that were laughing their heads off. So I think there is a market for this. But I think you will either love or hate it. They could have done so much better.

A good premise but everybody's so rich

Author: ogidaubik-23703
4 August 2016

Spoilers!!! I laughed at Cethryn Hahn the most, she's great! lotsa great stars made appearances, chick flick it is and i was prepared to enjoy the premise of the movie. but everyone was so rich and lived in Huge houses and they had no money worries. I couldn't imagine going to a bar, getting bombed, then going to a grocery store to run around and destroy food without being hauled to jail. that was over the top. i was hoping to see more women of color, but Hollywod is so color-blind, more diversity please! at least there was Jada Pinkett-Smith. Loved Mila Kunis but she played a mom with a part-time job, 2 kids, in a Big-foot house, yeah...not believable! and then riding off into the sunset with friends on one of the friend's husband's private jet...please!! i shoulda saved my little hard earned $30.00 and waited for HBO

Bad Moms is a "Bad" Movie

Author: farout6 from United States
4 August 2016

The film tried much too hard with the overuse of raunchy, vulgar unnecessary humor, which cheapened the movie, which caused this film to be nothing more than an overrated B Movie embarrassment.

I am not a prude by a long-shot, it just didn't work. Just a badly written movie.

I couldn't even utter a chuckle or a smile from these God awful flat jokes. All I could do, was roll my eyes with disbelief. Painful to watch.

This movie "could" have been SO brilliantly funny, witty, and adorable. What were the writers thinking?? It's definitely..... NO 'Hang-Over' movie. How could anyone remotely compare the two. Ouch! What can I say..... It was just WRONG on every level.

Lastly- The first movie I ever walked out on, and demanded a refund. Thank you AMC Theaters for the credit. I wouldn't have paid $5.00 at a cheap show for this mess.

psst. Mila Kunis- I really like her. But this movie destroyed her comedy appeal.

Please rethink your visit, before you see this movie.

ABC Family + Frat Boy Humor = Worst Possible Movie Ever

Author: chitownsocialist from United States
9 August 2016

Wanted a silly comedy for a night out with my best friend. We knew the movie would be bad, but this was so so so much worse. I find movies funny when they contain some authenticity. When I can say, "Wow, this is over-the-top, but there's a shred of truth here." Ummm, no. This had the same sentiment as an ABC Family movie, but mixed with the worst frat boy humor available. I doubt whether the writers have actually met mothers. Do they even know their own mothers? I laughed because I was EMBARRASSED. Like, wow, has the world come to this? Please make this movie again but with actual characters and an actual premise. Make it somewhat believable or at least make it funny.

Mums are funnier than this

Author: Steve Pretty from London, England
29 August 2016

Dear oh dear where to start with this monstrosity?

These days it is oh so easy to get away with not bothering to write jokes, and hoping the swearing and sex references are enough to make the audience laugh. At some point this became acceptable with comedy films, and judging by this film's page even the critics have bought into it! These are worrying times...

Bar one amusing reference to a certain recent sci-fi film, this film fails to land any laughs.

On to storyline. Half way through the film they decided to try and shoehorn in a moral to the story. Unfortunately every time a point was made, it was duly undermined/contradicted around 10 minutes later.

Awful stuff. The 2nd star is given on the strength of the fact that stuff happens constantly, so at least the film manages to be entertaining on some level. But for laughs? Please look elsewhere.

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]