IMDb > "Dragon Ball Super" (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dragon Ball Super: Doragon bôru cho"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Dragon Ball Super" More at IMDbPro »"Dragon Ball Super: Doragon bôru cho" (original title)

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Stop Hating

Author: Jay pantel from United States
1 November 2015

I'm reading the other reviews and all I'm hearing is a bunch of complaining. I don't see any difference in the original Dragon Ball and DBZ to Dragon Ball Super. Its fun and goofy just like the originals. I think most of you need to go back and watch the series again and let go of the awesomeness you remember as a child. It was epic but I think most of you are stuck on the feeling you had while watching it as a kid to what the show actually was.Dragon Ball Super to me, feels the same. It reminds me of the originals. It is fun, quirky and at times slightly goofy. The story starts great bringing the cast in full view and giving a little bit of back story. I never expected it to come out in full force with epic battles in the first few minutes. I personally like a story, the originals had a great story not just epic battles. Even other great anime have great story with lots of filler. I think people have had too many expectations for this show from the beginning and aren't giving it a chance. My advice is to give it some time.

The Hype was well Deserved TO BE OVER 9000!!!!!

Author: nsakibl64 from Bangladesh
5 July 2015

Childhood is back with a Bang!

ITS GONNA BE A LONG WAIT FOR SUNDAYS!!

Judging from the 1st episode the series is gonna have the laughs we all remember and action packed fun ..Goku is his goofy self...but always got his priorities straight...prepare for future dangers..

The 1st episode is something maybe all the viewers wanted to see happen to Goku.. :)

Mr.Satan Surprised Me :')....There was A cameo of a certain pair too.

I think its gonna be something we're gonna enjoy ...

So sit back and enjoy the ride...

Dragon Ball Super I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Author: Rafi Abdullah from Bangladesh
9 July 2015

Dragon Ball Super does not go into full blown action packed episodes from the start unlike it's DBZ counterpart. It starts with a more funny and story based start and I like it cause newer fans can get use to the characters. It's been 18 years since the last episode of DBZ and some people didn't get the chance to watch DBZ or know all it's characters but they can now.I use to hate it when people said that DBZ has no story and is all action right off the bat but now DBS shows how the characters are developing before the big battles arrive. The starting is amazing for both old Fans and new ones.

The music is enjoyable but I believe Signing Bruce Faulconer as the composer can do wonders to this series. The action will probably be like 'Revival of F' and I have no problem with it cause the one thing DB excels at is it's awesome fights. Though one thing I heavily hope for this series is to not bring villains who regenerate and to use it's human characters more.

Otherwise it is still an awesome nostalgia packed series for it's old fans and is also an awesome series for new ones.

Dragon Ball Super is getting SUPER BETTER!! Off to the Champa Arc!

Author: william-e-sepulveda
25 February 2016

Say what you say about the animation in some episodes, nothing stops me from loving this show! Dragon Ball Z is a big part of my childhood and i am glad that we have a new series. Sure the first arcs are based Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, but i don't mind this at all as in my mind it's a good idea to make these arcs for those who have not seen the two movies, which are all canon and so is this show. I think the real highlight will be the new Arc, where the Z-Fighters are heading to a new Tournament between the 7th Universe and the 6th Universe. Hopefully we get an English Dub of this anime, cause when it comes to Dragon Ball, it's one of those few anime you see in English. Oh and IMDb, tell Google to fix a problem when every time i search Dragon Ball Super, the rating is 7.9 on Google, but when i clicked it, it leads to Dragon Ball Absalon. Just a word of advice.

Goku's Next Journey

Author: markpecer
4 July 2015

The amazing roller-coaster that was Dragon Ball Z came to an end approximately 18 years ago. Today, the sequel series, Dragon Ball Super, was aired and expectations were blown out of the water. This premiere episode had that Dragon Ball feeling that you experience during every single episode, and it really sets the tone for what's to come in the future episodes. The faces of the past were scattered across the episode as the characters embarked on their own small stories that are sure to collide soon. With the new antagonists of the series defined and the foundation of the narrative established, the series is sure to become a favourite amongst all fans of the original manga and anime. This first episode ("Who Will the 100 Million Zenny Peace Reward Go To…?"/"The God of Destruction's Dream") succeeded in setting up the series ahead, as well as telling us a new and entertaining story, which is more than anyone could ask for. With the upcoming movie "Dragon Ball Z: Revival "F"/Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'" soon to be released and the confirmation of the second saga's title, (Resurrection 'F' Saga) Dragon Ball Super will be transcending from television to cinema seamlessly. Dragon Ball Super is all that I could've imagined and more and I will be eagerly anticipating the future of the series.

My dragon ball super review!

Author: Pon Chan
26 July 2015

As for now i really love what i see in this series even though there was just 3 episodes for now. It's really great to see this anime was still going, it brings back all my memories when i was a child.

Animation-excellent, it's better than the old ones.

Story- for now i can't judge it because it was only 3 ep but that 3 ep was still on the story and didn't change so it's OK for me.

Op and Ed song - i don't care about that much when it comes to this but it fits the show.

I rated it 10/10 because i don't see any or at least a bit of failure for this show as of now...

Old Memories Made New...

Author: Sanchit Rastogi from Delhi, India
5 July 2015

The First Episode of the much anticipated come back of the DBZ Series was just awesome. Brought back old memories of childhood! The story starting before The Battle of Gods and Goku not fighting but farming was a bit down, but I hope things will get better in the upcoming episodes. The wait is still on for the dubbed version. The second episode - Vegeta's Family trip is expected to be comic and exiting as the DBZ fans have never seen one (Vegeta's family trip). Goku is also going to go to King Kai's place to train! I think this will be like old times. There are also rumors about the 9 star Dragon Ball which is confirmed to be in Shanpa's(New Character) Universe. Over all an excellent opening after 18 Years!

Mixed feelings

Author: Tomi Keto
19 July 2016

I remember watching Dragon Ball Z from the TV when I was a kid and was really excited about it, although I didn't watch it regularly.

Ten years later I started studying in a university and got an idea from nowhere to watch some DB. I began from the very start: Dragon Ball. Instead of studying I spent my days and evenings and nights watching the series many many hours straight. I got hooked real bad and that's the measure of quality. The show was amazingly well done in all ways. The story was perfect and thorough (maybe too much) but most of all I loved the characters, the way they were all unique. They all developed through the series all they way to the end of DBZ.

But then came Super...

One thing that sucks in the new production is the lack of magic brought by the excellent characters. The story is also quite bad compared to the DB and DBZ. There's no excitement that much and it leaves you with a thin feeling.

But there is much good also. I like time traveling and multi-universe theme. There's great music and the voice play is very good some times. I don't mind the crap animation that was present in the first 20-30 episodes. I get the feeling that the Super has the potential and may well turn into a almost-as-great-as-the-original -anime.

I'm looking forward to next episodes and try not to hope too much.

Good job, you ruined my childhood harder than GT

Author: dcbanana
20 June 2016

I was actually hyped for this, no joke. I had high hopes for hopes, I likes the movies, and you know what? MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD CAME CRASHING DOWN FASTER THAN YAMCHA! The animation was lack-luster, the main character sounds like a 80 year old grandma and is even dumber than I imagined, all the other characters are piles of wasted potential, the first two arcs were rehashed movies, and worst part f all, NOTHING IS EVER SERIOUS! Even the original creator

was disappointed by the anime and it's not difficult To see why, I really tried to give it my all and say one good thing about It but honestly, there isn't much to say about it, Dragon ball super will earn it's rightful Place among the other crap the dragon ball franchise has produced like dragon ball GT And Evolution.

A shadow of its former glory

Author: forsakenone-58235 from USA
18 July 2016

This anime has a serious problem with its plot. Any sense of danger is completely destroyed by the shoehorning of two unnecessarily powerful characters into every arc who only seem to undermine threats by showing no interest in the fight, sipping lemonade and yelling for lunch as protagonists engage in death battles with world busting foes.

Since DB and DBZ, many characters have been fully developed in terms of personality and power yet are ultimately reduced to spectators in Super. This show revolves almost completely around Goku and Vegeta with virtually every Z fighter seeing little to absolutely no action whatsoever. If you are coming into this anime as a fan of Gohan, Piccolo, Buu or the fusion, Gotenks, you may end up being disappointed.

The anime had an issue with animation in it's beginning. Toei's staff admitted that new inexperienced animators had been working on this show. Initially Toei expressed no interest in improving animation but reconsidered after strong backlash. The animation has since gotten better after 30 episodes but none of the animation stands out like DBZ's more famous scenes. This show often operates within the range of quality of what you'd expect to find in a One Piece filler. You may even notice that many frames still have distorted art.

This show has been really polarizing in the DBZ fandom so ultimately it will be up to the viewer to decide if this is an anime worth watching. In my personal opinion, I think they should have left the series alone.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]