IMDb > The Fate of the Furious (2017) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 45:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Cringefest - Stupidity level 11

Author: satanclaw from Norway
18 June 2017

This was painful. Action? Yes, but we're talking Physics that Sharknado would be ashamed of. Failure to understand or accept how reality works, even at a basic level. If you know the basics of cars, computers or physics, this will inflict pain to your brain.

No part of this movie made sense, it makes all 7 prequels seem like a real life documentary about cars. By far - Worst of the series. By going so far off the deep end, it made it too improbable for me to enjoy.

The worst movie of the series

Author: stevemartis from India
25 June 2017

This is my first review on IMDb and I'm only writing this because so many reviews are praising this movie! I knew it would be average but within the first 10 minutes I realised how horrible this movie was. From winning a race in reverse gear of a wrecked car to driving ahead of an army without a single bullet hitting them. I know this series has always had over the top action but this plain nonsense. As somebody else said in their review the heists didn't need cars in the first place. I only liked the action sequences between Dwayne and Jason, rest were unwatchable! I feel bad for the people praising this movie.

Beyond awful

Author: MovieReviewer
10 June 2017

I liked the previous movies of the franchise. They were decent action flicks, exactly something you go to watch in a cinema with friends. But this? This is beyond awful, it's worse than a parody. Every line is a cliché, the acting is not even mediocre, the plot line is exactly like something a 12 year old boy has come up with.

There's no way the 10 star reviews are NOT paid. This movie is an insult to anyone who pays to see it.

Absolutely senseless

Author: damnedwhatuser from Germany
6 June 2017

One of the most stupid, senseless and ridiculous movies I have ever watched. I wonder only why would Charlize Theron play in something like that? Money must have been very tempting for an Oscar-winning actress to even think about that this could become a good movie with no story, no developing characters, not even a story but just lots of money thrown on some... well I must admit - good special effects. But not worth even a dime to pay for a ticket to watch it, not talking even about the waste of time.

An insult to all those who paid money to see it

Author: mr worf
20 June 2017

Be aware, plausible spoilers I do not know where to start. I thought that I'm used to the cheesiness of the FF movies, but this is......overwhelming. Its like they are making movies for people under 18 only. Whole movie is a load of random c***. Its so senseless, cheesy, unbelievably unrealistic, cliché- ish.....total disaster. They ruined good characters, like deck shaw. In ff7, he was terrifying hit-man. Here, they turned him into a clown who is afraid of his mother. Its ridiculous. Next, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, its......Luke HOBBS!!! My Lord, he is the perfect example of everything wrong in modern Hollywood. Awful acting, cringe lines, superhuman strength (they literally took it to the superman level in ff8) Cipher- theron is a brilliant actor in normal movies, but here they made her a joke. I would compare it to the thurman's poison ivy from 1997. Tbh, roman is the only lightspot. He really is funny, natural funny, not bad humour like others. He is the reason why I made it to the end.

It ain't ran out of gas!

Author: Darryl Lazakar from Pontianak, West Borneo, Indonesia
16 April 2017

Fate of the Furious, the eight installment of the mindless, crazed up action flick has proved itself that the franchise never ran out of gas. There's over the top action scene, there's some mindless story, and there's Vin Diesel talking about family over and over again. Those things are what makes us coming back for more, and this is no exception.

The story follows Dom Toretto who betrays his family to work for Cipher, and his team's attempt to stop him. Vin Diesel has firmly stated that this movie "may earn a Oscar for it's acting", Maybe he's right because the acting is probably the best in the franchise. There were times where I'm surprised by Vin Diesel's acting. I also had a tear in my eye for no reason (damn those ninja cutting onions...) Charlize Theron is amazing as someone who's a menacing foe that you love to hate. The Rock, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludicrous, Tyrese, Kurt Russell, and Nathalie Emmanuel reprises their roles and they did a good job as well, especially The Rock, Statham and Michelle Rodriguez. Scott Eastwood and Helen Mirren are great and a welcome addition to the franchise. There's also some surprise appearances and they are great as well.

The story... you definitely need no explanation for this. As always: it's stupid, in a good way of course. The story ties into Fast & Furious 6, and Furious 7, so for newcomers to the franchise, you may get confused a bit. The film also uses plot twists, which were greatly executed. There were some well placed funny moments and there's also some depressing moments as well. The movie also serves as the first in the final trilogy of the franchise. How the story goes later, we'll just wait for the ninth installment, which definitely will arrive soon enough.

The action, needless to say, is as crazy as in Furious 7, or maybe more. Taking insanity to the next level, these action scenes is either get you pumped out for what happens next, or making you shake your head for it's absurdity. Just don't relate to science or the law of physics, because those things don't apply to this movie.

However, the movie somehow felt hollow. There's something that's missing from the movie that prevents me from fully enjoying the movie. The lack of Paul Walker in the movie probably causes this. Referencing Brian and Mia in the movie ain't help either. Plot holes were present in the movie as well. Someone dies in the movie, but their deaths don't do justice (he/she died, he/she avenge his/her death, and that's it). And there's some CGI noticeable throughout the movie (which is a shame).

Regardless, Fate of the Furious is a movie with a stupid story, ridiculous action sequences, and Vin Diesel talking about family, which were bad, in a good way. Don't expect a really good story, or some logical action scene, because you'll ended up disappointed by the end of this movie. And for those "fans" who said: "Remember when it's all about racing", face it, Fast & Furious ain't returning fully to it's roots. If you don't like the change then you'll definitely don't like this movie. For anyone else who like fast cars, mindless action fun, get a ticket, have a seat and enjoy the ride.

Flawed but Fun

Author: Hold_the_door from United Kingdom
19 April 2017

The eighth film in The Fast and the Furious franchise, "The Fate of the Furious", might not be the best in the series, but I must say, it's pretty damn good and just as fun and entertaining as I expected. The franchise as a whole, for what it is, it offers great entertainment, especially with its latest instalments.

The Fast & Furious family is back, but this time things will get serious. Dom is going evil and betrays his friends and family to work with Cipher (a.k.a. Charlize Theron), a cyberterrorist who is really evil. And that's not enough to describe how wicked she is and all the things she does.

The movie is full of twists and surprises, although it should be said that these twists are not something none saw coming. They are quite predictable. That's a problem with this franchise - and I believe every franchise and movie that has mainly to do with car racing. Don't expect much story wise.

However, it gives you what you want. It gives you action, fun, family spirit, cars, racing, and Vin Diesel, the Rock and Jason Statham kicking ass - Tyrese Gibson is also a scene stealer. It lives up to what you've come to expect from FAF. Do you really want more?

Super unrealistic like every other Fast movie but still fun scenes.

Author: paolinabarbieri
18 April 2017

This movie wasn't 2 hours and 40 minutes tho. Literally started at 7:30 and ended at 9:35. THATS ONLY 2 HOURS AND 5 MINUTES. Did anyone else notice this?

Decent movie though The story line was pretty obvious towards the end. Like obviously it would end that way.

interesting film

Author: naillatypoff from Samara
18 April 2017

I think that everyone already knew what the eighth part of this Forsage turns out to be. This is an incredible extravaganza of stupidity, but at the same time charismatic and driving. But the most important thing is that the film copes well with its main task - it amuses.

But in fact, I do not really understand how to evaluate this movie. Then Dwyane Johnson scattered the special forces in batches, rubber bullets did not take him. And by the way, the fights here look ridiculous, and not because of the fact that the bad, namely because of enchanting illogicality. The film is even capable of surprising. For example, Vin Diesel began to play, squeezes out tears. And to that, Scala shoots a brutal smile. Statham is a cute nanny.

In general, everything is clear. The audience will most likely be divided into two camps. One will say that after the first parts Forsage is nothing really impressive. And about how I already said earlier. Namely, that this is only an unbelievable extravaganza of stupidity. And the second easily disconnects the head before viewing and without thinking it will just look at the picture and have fun.

And as for me, then at least once to be honest. To look and forget. I went only to rest and laugh at all the stupidity of the film. And you know what, I got exactly what I expected. And I liked the movie rather than not.

You never EVER turn your back on family

Author: phanthinga from Vietnam
15 April 2017

Back in 2001 if someone said the movie about street racing staring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker gonna be one of the best movie franchise in the future you will think that person is crazy or smoke too much weed but now in the years 2017 the eighth installment of the series just came out and it still head strong in the heart of action lovers all over the world.This movie maybe the best of the series in my mind so far not only we have the whole team back but this time we also welcome more people to join in The Furious family.This time Dom went rouge and crazy things started to happen all around the world so one again the team being assemble by Mr.Nobody(A.K.A Kurt Russell) to not only figure out why Dom betray his family but also to stop a group of high-tech terrorist lead by the beautiful Charlize Theron.You will see Dom talking about some cheesy family speech,Roman and Tej poking each others,Hobbs and Deckard friendly rivalry as usual but went the action kick in it you know it will be all-out insane and more over the top than ever.It have everything a 9 years old kid think is awesome from beautiful girls,fast car racing,prison fight to the max with two of my favorite action sequences of the movie:Zombies car chase and Submarine chase.The chemistry between characters is top-notch and i especially like what they did with Deckart characters he now taking off the serious face he always wear and start deliver many fun comedic moment that i believe is straight out of Rick Ford in Spy.Some emotion moment is very well handle that make me almost cry out loud so when i look back it quite crazy for this kind of movie.The movie is make for everyone not only F&F fan so better buy your ticket and enjoy the first summer blockbuster of this years

Page 1 of 45:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]