IMDb > The Fate of the Furious (2017) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 45:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Cringefest - Stupidity level 11

Author: satanclaw from Norway
18 June 2017

This was painful. Action? Yes, but we're talking Physics that Sharknado would be ashamed of. Failure to understand or accept how reality works, even at a basic level. If you know the basics of cars, computers or physics, this will inflict pain to your brain.

No part of this movie made sense, it makes all 7 prequels seem like a real life documentary about cars. By far - Worst of the series. By going so far off the deep end, it made it too improbable for me to enjoy.

The worst movie of the series

Author: stevemartis from India
25 June 2017

This is my first review on IMDb and I'm only writing this because so many reviews are praising this movie! I knew it would be average but within the first 10 minutes I realised how horrible this movie was. From winning a race in reverse gear of a wrecked car to driving ahead of an army without a single bullet hitting them. I know this series has always had over the top action but this plain nonsense. As somebody else said in their review the heists didn't need cars in the first place. I only liked the action sequences between Dwayne and Jason, rest were unwatchable! I feel bad for the people praising this movie.

Beyond awful

Author: MovieReviewer
10 June 2017

I liked the previous movies of the franchise. They were decent action flicks, exactly something you go to watch in a cinema with friends. But this? This is beyond awful, it's worse than a parody. Every line is a cliché, the acting is not even mediocre, the plot line is exactly like something a 12 year old boy has come up with.

There's no way the 10 star reviews are NOT paid. This movie is an insult to anyone who pays to see it.

Absolutely senseless

Author: damnedwhatuser from Germany
6 June 2017

One of the most stupid, senseless and ridiculous movies I have ever watched. I wonder only why would Charlize Theron play in something like that? Money must have been very tempting for an Oscar-winning actress to even think about that this could become a good movie with no story, no developing characters, not even a story but just lots of money thrown on some... well I must admit - good special effects. But not worth even a dime to pay for a ticket to watch it, not talking even about the waste of time.

It ain't ran out of gas!

Author: Darryl Lazakar from Pontianak, West Borneo, Indonesia
16 April 2017

Fate of the Furious, the eight installment of the mindless, crazed up action flick has proved itself that the franchise never ran out of gas. There's over the top action scene, there's some mindless story, and there's Vin Diesel talking about family over and over again. Those things are what makes us coming back for more, and this is no exception.

The story follows Dom Toretto who betrays his family to work for Cipher, and his team's attempt to stop him. Vin Diesel has firmly stated that this movie "may earn a Oscar for it's acting", Maybe he's right because the acting is probably the best in the franchise. There were times where I'm surprised by Vin Diesel's acting. I also had a tear in my eye for no reason (damn those ninja cutting onions...) Charlize Theron is amazing as someone who's a menacing foe that you love to hate. The Rock, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludicrous, Tyrese, Kurt Russell, and Nathalie Emmanuel reprises their roles and they did a good job as well, especially The Rock, Statham and Michelle Rodriguez. Scott Eastwood and Helen Mirren are great and a welcome addition to the franchise. There's also some surprise appearances and they are great as well.

The story... you definitely need no explanation for this. As always: it's stupid, in a good way of course. The story ties into Fast & Furious 6, and Furious 7, so for newcomers to the franchise, you may get confused a bit. The film also uses plot twists, which were greatly executed. There were some well placed funny moments and there's also some depressing moments as well. The movie also serves as the first in the final trilogy of the franchise. How the story goes later, we'll just wait for the ninth installment, which definitely will arrive soon enough.

The action, needless to say, is as crazy as in Furious 7, or maybe more. Taking insanity to the next level, these action scenes is either get you pumped out for what happens next, or making you shake your head for it's absurdity. Just don't relate to science or the law of physics, because those things don't apply to this movie.

However, the movie somehow felt hollow. There's something that's missing from the movie that prevents me from fully enjoying the movie. The lack of Paul Walker in the movie probably causes this. Referencing Brian and Mia in the movie ain't help either. Plot holes were present in the movie as well. Someone dies in the movie, but their deaths don't do justice (he/she died, he/she avenge his/her death, and that's it). And there's some CGI noticeable throughout the movie (which is a shame).

Regardless, Fate of the Furious is a movie with a stupid story, ridiculous action sequences, and Vin Diesel talking about family, which were bad, in a good way. Don't expect a really good story, or some logical action scene, because you'll ended up disappointed by the end of this movie. And for those "fans" who said: "Remember when it's all about racing", face it, Fast & Furious ain't returning fully to it's roots. If you don't like the change then you'll definitely don't like this movie. For anyone else who like fast cars, mindless action fun, get a ticket, have a seat and enjoy the ride.

An insult to all those who paid money to see it

Author: mr worf
20 June 2017

Be aware, plausible spoilers I do not know where to start. I thought that I'm used to the cheesiness of the FF movies, but this is......overwhelming. Its like they are making movies for people under 18 only. Whole movie is a load of random c***. Its so senseless, cheesy, unbelievably unrealistic, cliché- ish.....total disaster. They ruined good characters, like deck shaw. In ff7, he was terrifying hit-man. Here, they turned him into a clown who is afraid of his mother. Its ridiculous. Next, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, its......Luke HOBBS!!! My Lord, he is the perfect example of everything wrong in modern Hollywood. Awful acting, cringe lines, superhuman strength (they literally took it to the superman level in ff8) Cipher- theron is a brilliant actor in normal movies, but here they made her a joke. I would compare it to the thurman's poison ivy from 1997. Tbh, roman is the only lightspot. He really is funny, natural funny, not bad humour like others. He is the reason why I made it to the end.

Bizarre , Loud & Insane Action Packed Furious Legacy Back with a Bang

Author: Sheikh Mehmood Ahmed from Lahore Pakistan
16 April 2017

Furious Legacy Back with the Bang A.K.A #FateofTHeFurious. It was Big, Loud & Fun with the heart breaking action sequences.. The action sequences are big, loud, and insane.

Movie filled with lots of action, car chases, violence, explosions, shooting, guns, bombs, cars, army tanks, different types of vehicles, motorbikes, jets, airplanes, snow, snowy whitey landscapes like mountains and glaciers, sunshine, beaches, tall buildings like tall skyscrapers, loyalty, family, friendship, betrayal, treachery, arguments, falling outs, fights, punch ups, tongue and cheek stuff, some comedy and funny moments, high tech stuff that is incredible, plenty of on the edge of your seat stuff, prisons, prison guards in black suits with shields, all types of people and nationalities, lots of close shaves, near misses and many other things throughout the film.. Every Character including Dwayne The Rock Johnson Vin Diesel Jason Statham Michelle Rodriguez Tyrese Gibson Ludicrous Charlize Theron Kurt Russell Nathalie Emmanuel Luke Evans & the new edition of a family Scott Eastwood every did splendid role as expected..

Especially I've to highlight a complete scene when #Jason saved #LittleDom that was just hilarious.. (Y) (y) Really but what i feel sad about & really i did missed in a movie is Paul Walker movie is incomplete without #BrianOConnor..

The movie is funny and serious and it found the balance and i just loved everything about it and i enjoyed every second of it. Seven will probably always be better thanks to Paul and his tribute,but this is the second best movie in the series..(Y) (Y)

thrilling action sequence with some funny moments

Author: mikenontonmulu from Indonesia
12 April 2017

Well, as usual after watching a Fast and Furious movie, I was always amazed by how crazy the action stunts in every installment. It was like they tried to make it bigger, better and crazier in each movie. This one is no exception. The action sequences were all there, from the street car racing (which is the movie's unique specialty), the fighting scenes (made even more special with the addition of Jason Statham), and of course the car chase involving sooo many vehicles.

In term of story, I think the writers were quite smart to make the story intriguing with the betrayal of Dom to his family. They even made some surprising twists (though they were quite easily guessed by us audiences), nevertheless, kudos for their effort. The most surprising thing about the movie was the amount of funny scenes which I think were quite significant. The moments involving Tyrese Gibson were hilarious and even Jason Statham also had some moments as well.

The movie also had some brief appearances and cameos by few characters from previous movies and a new interesting character played by Helen Mirren. I think she would appear in the future installments as well. One thing that I am quite amazed was how smart the people behind the franchise were. They have made the movie evolved again from originally a street car movies, to heist and now more like spy thing. But of course all the ingredients of Fast and Furious were still kept in tact. The special effects of the movie were good, the sound effects should be good (though I did not experience it as I watched it in the studio with normal sound system). I am seriously tempted to watch it again in a cinema with the cool sound system just to re-live the scenes with better sound.

My wife and I certainly were entertained by this movie. We had tons of enjoyment from the cool action sequence, the amount of funny moments, and even few of dramatic moments. So if you are looking for another outstanding action movie with all those qualities in this kind of movie, then this one certainly would not disappoint you. But if you are looking for deep conversation type of movie with heavy story line for an action movie with logic, then it may not suit you. Just a reminder that this is a pop corn action movie suitable for thrill action movie seekers like most of us.

For my complete review, pls have a look at michaelnontonmulu.blogspot.co.id

fun

Author: jingshu from Hongkong, china
14 April 2017

and the music is also innervation i'am a real fan of this series,now ,when i watch the The Fate of the Furious 1,the are so young,Vin Diesel was such a fresh meat

So good with anticipation

Its a mixed bag. Suggestion : Go watch it with Fast and Furious Fanatics who have been waiting to watch it since the first trailers came out. The excitement will rub off on you. Cheers.

Delivers 100%

Author: lars-o-wangen from norway
11 April 2017

I had high expectations for this, to be honest i didn't know if it was going to live up to the massive hype. Well it did 100% i was very impressed. The crew does it again and i love it. Some may think its too noisy and action packed. But this is fast and furious the title speaks for it self so buckle up and enjoy!

Page 1 of 45:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]