IMDb > Storks (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Highly Underrated

Author: Igna Grebe
29 October 2016

I entered to watch Storks expecting the worse. However, I got an really enjoyable movie.

The Characters are charismatic and they have good chemistry. In Fact, I LOVED Tulip and The Wolfs were hilarious.

If you want a funny and heart-warming film, then Storks is a great option for you.

It's such a shame to see how uninterested was Warner in marketing this film.

I Trust that in a few years Storks will have the recognition that it deserves, and a big fan base.

What a cute and adorable movie!

Author: mikenontonmulu from Indonesia
23 September 2016

Watching this movie in the earlier parts, I could not help to feel that the funny scenes were a little bit forced, but as the movie continues, the funny scenes becoming more and more fluid. The funny moments became more natural. And since the baby girl was "produced", the movie became much more alive. I think the star of the movie was really the baby. The animation of this baby was soooo cute and adorable that you would really want to hug and play with the baby.

You would also be enjoying the very colorful scenes and the funny moments during the chase by the wolves. Those were some of the most enjoyable moments. But the moment that I laughed the hardest was during the scene involving penguins (and the fork). It was priceless!

I also loved that the trailer shown many times in the theaters was only showing some brief introduction about Storks and baby making machine. This helped us to be enjoying the movie without knowing there were so many plots inside this one. For parents who want to bring their children to watch this, I believe they would be able to enjoy it. For teenagers & adults, this movie would also be enjoyable to watch. However, please do not expect logic or the making sense of the story of Storks delivering babies. If you can only enjoy movie when logic is very much a great factor, then I do not think this movie is right for you. If you are looking for some fun and good laughter, then you can definitely watch this one!

By the way, this movie was produced by Warner Bros Animation Group (WAG) which also produced The Lego Movie. Hence, it was not a surprise to see there was a short funny animated Lego movie of a Chinese Kung Fu Master and a chicken before the start of the movie. I guess WAG also wanted to follow the success of such pattern used by Disney, Pixar and even Illuminati (remember those cute minions in The Secret Life of Pets ?). It did give us a nice thing to enjoy before the start of the actual movie. So when you already bought the tickets for this film, please make sure you are not late to be able to watch this short fun movie.

please read my full review in michaelnontonmulu.blogspot.co.id

best cartoon so far in 2016

Author: blazedounal from USA
9 January 2017

After watching the trailer I got excited for watching the Storks movie and the promises where at least 'good fun'. Storks is undoubtedly funny and keeps up with the audience attention just enough in spite of an at par performance in pretty much all departments. Let me start by saying that I don't this film is a 10/10 but hopefully my rating will add to its overall rating. This is a best cartoon for family.

Stork Mountain was a place known for delivering babies and its employees are primarily storks, along with a few other birds. Their current CEO, a stork named Hunter (Kelsey Grammar), discontinued the baby delivering business, seeing more profit by having storks operate a parcel delivery service called Cornerstore.

Tulip (Katie Crown), having just turned 18 years old, is working to promote new ideas for Cornerstore, but they always backfire. Meanwhile Junior (Andy Samberg), Cornerstore's top delivery stork, is about to be promoted to boss of Cornerstore while Hunter is the boss of cornerstone now and he will be chairman of the board. Hunter demand Junior to fire Tulip but Junior cannot find the heart to fire Tulip due to her kindness and hard work, and he lies to her that she is being transferred to the mail room, instructing her to never leave her new office space.

Meanwhile, a young boy named Nate Gardner (Anton Starkman) feels lonely because his parents, Henry (Ty Burrell) and Sarah (Jennifer Aniston), are too busy to spend time with him and he want to have another brother. Nate Gardner found ad about old stork deliver baby and he writes a letter asking for a baby brother with ninja skills and sends it to Cornerstore. The letter makes its way to Tulip, who reluctantly leaves the mail room to put the letter in a slot just outside the room despite Junior's attempt to stop her, injury his wing in the process. To their surprise, a baby girl is created inside a metal container, whom they later name Diamond Destiny.

Junior agrees to secretly help deliver Diamond Destiny. As Junior's wing is broken, they use Tulip's flying machine for transportation. However, they crash into a frozen tundra and they met group of wolfs who leaders named Alpha (Keegan-Michael Key) and Beta (Jordan Peele). The two manage to save Diamond Destiny, whom the wolves have fallen in love with baby. At last, Junior, Tulip and baby diamond escape from group of wolfs.

Back at Cornerstore, a pigeon employee named Toady (Stephen Kramer Glickman) learns of Diamond Destiny's existence. Toady told Hunter about the baby then he promises to give Toady Junior's position as the boss as they scramble the coordinates Junior and Tulip have been following to mislead them to a different location. Junior is captured and tied up by Hunter and his cronies at the false location and they kidnap Diamond Destiny. While Tulip follow the Jasper to her lost family. However, Tulip comes to rescue Junior without having met her family and the two resend themselves back to Cornerstore. After fighting an army of penguins, Junior and Tulip are chased into the abandoned baby making room and start up the machine as a distraction. As thousands of babies are being made, Hunter angrily confronts Junior and Tulip with a large robotic machine, but Junior refuses to surrender Diamond Destiny with Hunter's re-offered promotion. With the infant's playfulness, Junior and Tulip are able to cause the machine along with Hunter to fall off the cliff elevating the collapsing Cornerstore.

Junior rallies the storks, as well as the other birds, to help deliver the babies to the families who wanted them including the Gardners, and Nate accepts having a sister when he realizes that she has the ninja skills he asked for in the letter. The storks, former employees of Cornerstore, and the wolf pack reunite Tulip with her expanded family, and she and Junior continue their job of delivering babies as co-bosses of Stork Mountain.

Tulip is awesome

Author: Eric Stevenson from United States
8 October 2016

I admit that while it's not one of my favorite animated movies of the year, it's still definitely something I would recommend. I admit that it does start a bit slow. It really gets better when the character Tulip is introduced. She is the heart of this movie and by far the most entertaining part. Thank you for featuring her so much. Almost everything she says is funny. I guess I just have a soft spot for genki girls. Pinkie Pie is the one who comes to mind most at any time. She even has red (pink?) hair like her. The best parts are probably her interacting with her personas.

I admit that the story makes little sense. How exactly are babies brought into this world now? We briefly get to see the process of how a baby is made. I love how big and epic this movie gets. Yes, it's technically short, but it still gives you everything you would want in a good movie. They have a lot of great details and it leads up to an exciting climax. As a huge fan of "The Lego Movie", you have to watch the great short that precedes this. If only "Looney Tunes" did stuff like that nowadays. It's great to see a good movie based on an original concept too. ***

Family entertainment

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
14 January 2017

This film tells the story of a delivery company run by storks. They stopped delivering babies for many years, until one incompetent employee broke the rules and created a baby for delivery.

There are many reasons to like "Storks". The animation is super cute, and the story is very sweet. Most people would connect with babies, making this film an easy success. The wolves are funny too. However the broken heart has gone just one step too far as it gets too repetitive and non functional like the other formation of the wolves. I also like the literal downfall of the boss. Adults can relate to that too. It is rare to see a film that can be enjoyed by all ages. I liked it.

A fast paced and really funny animation with great character voices.

Author: Helion-Prime from Netherlands
4 December 2016

Ooh where to begin.

After watching the trailer I got excited for watching the Storks movie and the promises where at least 'good fun'. And now after watching the movie I can just say, what an awesome roller-coaster ride of fun. Laughing throughout the whole movie, without the movie getting boring or losing any real tempo.

From great and funny animations, characters, to the facial expressions of the characters and just how the whole movie looks in terms of style. The (English) voice overs that just match perfectly with the characters and not one boring character in the movie.

Through the years there have been some really good and funny animations, but I don't think I have laughed so much through a whole animation movie since 'Tangled'. And there have been some really awesome animations the last few years.

For me Storks has been the sleeper comedy animation hit of the year.

So If you want a good laugh and/or the trailer makes you already excited, go watch it with an open mind and let the movie take you on a ride of fun.

Totally underrated movie

Author: Ellca Yang (ellca0511@gmail.com) from Taiwan
14 January 2017

I admit this movie is not on my watch list.

In the beginning of this movie I can't stop my mind to think why they create this world-a world the baby is delivered by storks.

This is no sense and totally different world with the real world.

Why? In the end of movie I think it give me the reason.

In the final scene, the storks start to deliver baby again we can see so many family receive a baby include Same-sex marriage couple.

In such a Utopian world, we don't need a man and woman to get a baby. We just write a letter to storks.

I see so many good idea in this movie.

Baby is most wonderful thing in the world no one want hurt baby > Everyone told you that you want to be boss, but most important is what do you want to do after be a boss

The funny scene in this movie make me laugh loudly

Underrated - this movie is one of the best animated films out there

Author: jemseletaria from Ottawa, Ontario
12 January 2017

If you want a movie that is entertaining, funny, action-packed with twists and turns throughout - then this movie is for you! The animation quality is as good as any out there.

The voice actors are sensational. Kelsey Grammar and Andy Samberg and their back and forth bantering is totally brilliant and any of us involved in business can understand the dynamic and completely understand the humour.

It is one of those movies that you can watch again and again and never get bored.

Kids love it and there is plenty of content to keep adults laughing.

This movie is a terrific and I can't understand how anyone could not thoroughly enjoy this movie!

Big surprise

Author: nickyeskens from Netherlands
6 January 2017

Storks wasn't specifically on my watch list. I had seen ads here and there, but it seemed to get overshadowed with the release of other movies. When i got the chance to watch it on a flight, i took it. Mostly because there was nothing else to watch. I ended up laughing out loud a couple of times and being charmed by some of the characters.

The movie was cute and a little awkward at times, and had a fun and not too serious premise. The awkwardness is especially what drew me in. This movie might not be for everyone, the comedy might be a bit too obvious and cringy, and kids might not understand the humor at times. I personally don't think those are bad things, since i enjoy that type of humor. The voice acting was okay. I mean Andy Samberg was Andy Samberg and Ty Burell was Ty Burell. I enjoy both actors very much, but it made it hard for me to get into their characters. Stephen Kramer Glickman, Kelsey Grammar and Danny Trejo were outstanding in their performance.

Overall this movie was a fun ride, and took me by surprise. I got a little lost in the storytelling sometimes, and wasn't sure what 'message' they were trying to convey. But overall it was enjoyable and cute, and not every movie needs a 'message'. I'm not sure if every kid will enjoy this movie, but i think adults who like awkward humor and great animation (I forgot to mention that) will enjoy this movie. This movie is definitely underrated and got drowned out by other (hyped) animated movies that got released around the same time.

7,5

Hopefully the Warner Animation Group keeps this up.

Author: Hellmant from United States
6 January 2017

'STORKS': Three and a Half Stars (Out of Five)

The new computer-animated comedy from Warner Animation Group; which had it's first big hit in several years, with 2014's 'THE LEGO MOVIE'. 'STORKS' tells the story of a world where storks once delivered babies to expecting parents, but now the business has been turned into a parcel delivering service instead (because it's more profitable). When a new baby is accidentally produced, the lead delivery stork, and an adult human orphan (who was accidentally never delivered as a child), set out to make sure the new baby reaches it's destination. The film was directed by Nicholas Stoller and Doug Sweetland (in his feature directorial debut), and it was written by Stoller (who's also helmed such hit comedies as 'FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL', 'GET HIM TO THE Greek', 'NEIGHBORS' and 'NEIGHBORS 2: SORRORITY ROW'; as well as co-written such hit kids' movies as 'THE MUPPETS', 'MUPPETS MOST WANTED' and 'GULLIVER'S TRAVELS'). It stars the voice talents of Andy Samberg, Katie Crown, Kelsey Grammar, Jennifer Aniston, Ty Burrell, Anton Starkman, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele and Danny Trejo. The film was a hit at the Box Office (although it didn't do nearly as well as 'THE LEGO MOVIE'), and it's gotten mostly good reviews from critics. I watched it with my nephews, and their father, and we all had a good time.

Years ago, storks used to deliver babies to their parents; from a baby producing business at Stork Mountain. Then the company's CEO, a stork named Hunter (Grammer), decided there was more money to be made delivering parcels. Before the business stopped delivering babies though, a baby girl named Tulip was accidentally not delivered to her parents. So the storks raised her, and employed her at their new company (now called Cornerstone). When Tulip turns 18 though (now voiced by Crown), she becomes a nuisance to the business; and Hunter tells his top employee, Junior (Samberg), to fire her. Junior doesn't have the courage to do it though, and when a new baby is ordered, and accidentally produced by the two of them, the duo teams up to deliver it.

The movie is beautifully animated, and pretty funny (at times). It's even slightly touching, at the end, but it never gets too serious. The cast is all great in their roles, and I think Stoller definitely has talent in writing/directing kids' movies. It's a little weird, given that his adult comedy films are so vulgar and raunchy (and I love them that way). The film is definitely not in the same league as 'THE LEGO MOVIE', but it's also definitely better than most animated kids' movies these days. Hopefully Warner Animation Group keeps this up.

Watch our movie review show 'MOVIE TALK' at: https://youtu.be/_ufnweLGYJ4