IMDb > "Blindspot" (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Blindspot"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Blindspot" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Seen it a million times

Author: amazon-21-660151 from South Carolina
24 September 2015

We've seen this before - Flash Forward, Will Traveler, etc. The shows that have the LONG story arc - the mysterious person, something that will have global implications, ........

So, we're supposed to watch while they pick a different "tattoo of the week" to solve a mystery, all the while revealing a little more for the big story arc.

People will quickly tire of this, just as they did with all the other similarly constructed shows.

This could have been good, but it is just the same thing, over and over again.

I think we're just getting tired of it, and would like something fresh, that comes to some sort of conclusion within a reasonable period of time.

Is this the best NBC can come up with?

Author: pmhebert from United States
22 September 2015

I've seen a lot of promos for "Blindspot" so I'm assuming that NBC is betting on this new fall TV show being a break-out hit. Sorry, "Blindspot" is mediocre at best. It tries way too hard to be something new when it's really just a mash-up of earlier TV shows -- "Prison Break," "The Blacklist" -- and a little kick-ass cop show added in. And while there are similarities between this show and "The Blacklist" (a female lead who seems too attractive to be believable and a confusing plot that will evolve -- unravel? -- as the season progresses), "The Blacklist" has James Spader, who could read off the ingredients in a cereal box and still manage to entertain. Unfortunately, "Blindspot" has no such captivating actor or actress. Additionally, the dialogue in "Blindspot" really doesn't help. No banter, no personality. Just cliché cop show dribble.

The girl with storyboard tattoo

Author: quincytheodore from Indonesia
22 September 2015

Since the days of Michael Scofield from Prison Break it's been a rare occasion that a character has plot line literally tattooed on their body. Blindspot offers a couple of intriguing gimmicks and mysteries with the premise of savant consultant and stern officer, but it tends to be the same investigation cop drama again. Its original hook might not endure its barren plot device, underlying secret or romance subplot.

Jane Doe (Jaimie Alexander) pops up in Time Square, wearing nothing but full body tattoo. After thorough inspections, some of these flesh drawings are related to ongoing crime or terrorist act. It becomes clear that this will be your typical case-of-the-week gimmick, while the main plot of her mysterious identity is gradually revealed.

The most successful example of this premise in recent time is Blacklist. Unfortunately, Blindspot doesn't have the charismatic lead character, it goes with a more vulnerable Jane Doe for more sympathy effect. The other role of agent (Kurt Weller) Sullivan Stapleton, since the procedural show needs one authority figure for the dysfunctional buddy cop role, is not really memorable.

These two serve as eccentric consultant and stoic agent, which may have a bit romance subplot. It's honestly a bit dull, but Blindspot still has a shot with the mystery. The use of her tattoos can be interesting as long as it's consistent and not random patches for typical cop show. Psychology aspect should not fall to usual amnesiac cliché, which can be hard considering the premise, but it already sets Jane Doe for her own personality.

It also keeps the setting as part of story. The later episodes might not have grand Times Square or famous landmarks, but if it continues to played out in more natural environment, not just dreary office or facility, it will be more realistic to audience. It'd be even better if the tattoo or symbology could correspondent to distinct plot or particular of the episode.

There's a lot of inherit hindrances of this theme. For example, how much influence this girl can have or how the series handle the memory loss. It may pique audience's curiosity with the concept, but it would be a tough sell since the other elements feel overused.

I Liked The Tattoo Story

Author: Ahmet Kozan from Turkey
6 April 2016

Blindspot focuses on a mysterious tattooed woman who has lost her memory and does not know her own identity. The FBI discovers that each tattoo contains a clue to a crime they will have to solve.

Creative, exciting, new twists, great action; why do we watch TV? There's always a new clue, a new story, a twist to add that keeps you wanting to watch the next week. She is a top trained pro, and there is a level of doubt. The character interactions between Jane and Heller are complex, close, tense, loving yet harsh and unpredictable. The build-up of all the characters on the team is well thought out, not haphazard, and slowly creates a solid cast, just like CSI Miami, or the Sopranos was developed. This show captures your interest and is unlike another cop, medical or court series I've seen in a long-time.

I really looked forward to this show and I am not at all disappointed. I cant give it a 10 but a 9 does just fine. The characters are interesting and I find myself looking forward to each episode! 9/10

Pleasantly Surprised

Author: jslawrenc from Portland, Oregon
27 September 2015

I'd actually give this an 8.5, but decided to round up vs. down to counter balance some of the negative recent reviews submitted by others. I thought Jaimie Alexander was great and demonstrated her talent in this role more than I've seen from her in past roles such as Thor and The Brink. Sullivan Stapleton's acting was admittedly a little wooden in the pilot, but I liked his tough guy persona in Strike Back & think he'll grow into this role with time also. Yes, the story line is completely far-fetched and unrealistic. Yes, the plot does borrow from different formulas we've seen before, but not in a way that's a total rip off from other movies or TV. It doesn't have the originality of Mr Robot or the grittiness of True Detective, but it's fun popcorn entertainment. If you put Bourne Identity, Blacklist and Momento into a blender, you'd end up Blindspot!

Basic plot/idea pretty exciting but real bad execution so far ...

Author: mikesw2010 from Munich, Germany
22 September 2015

The basic plot/idea of the series (as far as one can see after the pilot) seems to be interesting and certainly suspenseful but the acting is at best mediocre. Sullivan Stapleton was already not really convincing in 'Strike Back', even as 'reckless cowboy soldier' but Jaimie Alexander's main quality seems only to be good looking. Otherwise she's absolutely not qualified for an action role (female 'Seal', are you kidding me, can't even handle a handgun properly, not to speak about the 'wooden' fighting scenes) like the role she has in this series. Secondly, it's pretty -not to say totally- unlikely the authorities would allow her to be involved (as a 'Jane Doe') in counter-terrorist activities but that fits in the whole weak picture of how the FBI is handling the situation. So, not a convincing start but I won't give up on them just now and will watch another episode. It can only get better ...

Turn your brain off to enjoy

Author: omberozombero
1 September 2016

Let me summarize this show by this simple formula that every episode follows - mix and match the following for each episode:

Pure chance coincidence or random Deus Ex Machina sends agents on a mission to speak to 'someone' based on the mysterious tattoos found on the main character.

'someone' turns out to be an FBI most wanted or other random gang leader or heavily armed person, shootout ensues.

Random emoting between team members, teasing of a romance subplot or secret agenda.

'Twist' that everyone saw happening from the start in regards to this week's 'villain'

Exploration of implausible backstory for main character of some sort.

Attempted hook or cliffhanger into next episode.

This is a show by the numbers, with some pretty awful dialogue delivered by some cardboard cutout characters.

There is nothing original about this show, switch your brain off and enjoy the action.

I tried

Author: killer1h from United States
28 September 2015

I really did try to like this show, I gave it a genuine chance watching the first and almost half of the second episode but I couldn't in good conscience stomach the god awful acting that was being performed. I wanted to watch a few episodes to nail down exactly what was wrong so here are the results.

First, both the leads look like they're hopelessly lost, the male lead doesn't seem to comprehend the concept of facial ques while having to act and the female lead doesn't seem to express any emotion besides for surprise and confusion, which is at least understandable since she has amnesia. And after watching almost 2 episodes of this show I wish I did too.

Second, the supporting actors all seem to just follow along with these dim witted ideas that are spouted off by the leads as if they have no choice. Umm hello guys you're suppose to be in a smart law enforcement agency and yet you take at face value jargon like "She might be the most important resource we've ever had!" Based on what? On the 30 seconds you've seen her for? See this is the kind of stupidity no one should have to stand for.

Finally the coup de gras, if all the other elements actually worked in the show the dialog is just horrid, it feels like it was written by uneducated children which as it turns out is perfect for the male lead since every other scene he seems to be pouting and stomping out of somewhere. Like the scene where he asks a general to tell him something then proceeds to interrupt him repeatedly as he tries to answer, all in futile effort to establish that he as a character has some deep back story which no one cares about because his acting is so very VERY bad.

2/10 by some miracle you've managed to pull together a story that would work if only you'd bother to fire both the leads and replace the writers with anyone who actually passed English lit.

loved it

Author: WoodBangers Entertainment from United States
11 October 2015

Giving thought that this is a review on the Pilot, they're many things I should mention. Pilots are typically the best sort of introduction to what it to come, so yes things can seem a bit rushed from time to time. Also not all actors or actresses may seem to have a good grip on their parts and many more things like this play into the mix. In this Pilot for the TV Series "Blindspot", they did do a very good job in the presentation.

This Pilot and show had me at Tattooed Female who can kick some ass. The concept in which gets pitched in this pilot looks promising, it has action, it has a fairly good cast, and a pretty interesting story-line. I do feel it will be a show that I'll watch till the end. Great stuff.

If you're a fan of shows that are sorta fast moving with action, and a fairly action based drama scripting then this is one for you.

43 minutes of my life wasted

Author: Nicolas Dumont from Paris
22 September 2015

This TV show is really bad.

The man is a super hero : man of action , smart , can disarm a bomb , work on Intel.

He is followed by 2 transparent sidekicks , one of the 2 is the classic "i hack the world in 1 minute" nerd and other is the classic "formely ghetto" black buy.

Nobody in USA speak Chinese but the heroin.

The instant the superhero guy arrive to the hospital say his name and the doctor claims 'Wouho it's you?' . Yeah of course everyone is fan of a FBI agent what a turd.

This is REALLY bad.

How the f.... this got 8 on IMDb ?

PS: the Wenzhou language is not written only spoken.

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]