IMDb > 13 Hours (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
13 Hours

13 Hours More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

13 Hours that didn't have to be...

Author: Skiis4Life from Albany, New York
19 January 2016

For the movie I gave it an 8. That's based on 32 years of military service, 7 combat tours (3 in Iraq) and working with the likes of the characters in the movie. Sorry for those who's lives were so well protected that they've never been exposed to the likes of us but, that's how we talk and act. It's a type-A environment and we use it to protect ourselves and motivate our brothers in arms.

I am well versed on the facts as provided by the MSM however, as someone in the biz I also know that the fly in the ointment are the facts.

1. The firing of mortars is an art and the mortar launcher has to be anchored to the ground or every mortar will land off target. The mortars landing on the CIA compound are dead accurate and also require spotters to assist with any corrections.

2. Aviano AB, Italy is about 2-hours away. Had they been launched, even if only to do a low fly-by, would have driven off the attackers; just like I used them in Iraq in Mosul, Tikrit, and Baghdad. I don't know why the Commander of the 555 (Triple Nickel) didn't launch. It's one of the big questions that remain unanswered by the media or the movie.

3. Hillary's statement that, "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans?" was a red herring. Because it was neither. As later testimony bore out, it was a planned, coordinated, terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11.

4. All UAS aircraft are armed. As stated in the movie could have assisted in the defense of the embassy or the CIA compound.

5. General Ham, AfricaCom CC is someone I worked with in Mosul in 2004 for 6-months. Good guy and I know from my experience he would not hesitate to act if allowed. One day he'll give an interview and get his whole story. Can't wait...

Rick274 Colonel (Retired) 274ASOS/CC

Intense movie, that raises almost as many questions as the answers that it provides.

Author: dlevans-52743 from Harrisburg, PA
13 January 2016

I found this movie to be very intense and riveting. The audience seemed to have a need to make an unusual number of trips to the snack bar and rest room and I found myself becoming frustrated by the number of interruptions. The movie is not for the faint of heart, as there are a number of scenes with graphic depiction of injuries. Regardless of your political affiliation, if you have any thoughts about what happened at Benghazi, you need to see this movie. Michael Bay does a great job of portraying what happened. Additionally, with the exception of one individual who s portrayed as not wanting to take action, he does not take the obvious opportunity to lay blame at any single individual in the US government. He clearly portrays a small group of men as heroes. Without their courage and willingness to fight against what appears to be an overwhelming force many more lives would have been lost. I do not often see movies twice, but this movie is likely to be an exception... In closing, if Michael Bay is 90% accurate in his depiction of what happened, our government (the US government), owes a huge debt of gratitude and an apology for their lack of action to 6 very brave men.

A Powerful film depicting true events, an embarrassment and tragedy which could have been avoided.

Author: jrjohnson-61258 from 80014
15 January 2016

Michael Bay did a masterful job of capturing the attacks on the U.S. compounds and the gallant efforts to save the ambassador and the other U.S. staff. He did an equally great job of showing career bureaucrats at work.

It's too bad the film didn't include scenes showing the president being briefed on the attack and then going to bed in order to get some rest before his fund-raiser in Las Vegas. It would have been powerful to contrast what was happening in Benghazi and the presidents actions while the attack was still taking place.

What's truly sad is how these people were abandoned by the politicians. It's also sad to think the late Ambassador Stevens had made 600 plus requests to Hillary Clinton for additional security, all ignored.

True Heroes

Author: culebrapeak from Arlington TX
13 January 2016

The overall experience of the World Premiere was incredible, but this Movie in any venue would be worth the price of admission.

Like most, I've seen hoards of "Action Movies", but the compressed time line and episodic nature of this one puts you into a pressure cooker that leaves you drained at the end. Probably more firepower per minute than in any true life account ever shown on the Big Screen.

In the final moments, though, you realize just how much these men lost. Few if any other team of six would have survived such relentless and massive assaults. But more than anything, it will force you to ask yourself why our government literally left these men and the people they saved, to die.

Riviting Authenticity

Author: Obamasson from United States
13 January 2016

Riveting Authenticity is the first feeling I had when the movie ended. After watching these events unfold. If you don't feel for these real life men, soldiers, heroes, Americans.... You may want to consider a frontal lobotomy. Or just stop reading and/or watching anything political. This work is best viewed after removing the talking points/ talking heads. Only recount the actual time line of events from the Bengasi hearings on c-span. This work gives a mega phone to those who's voices where dismissed and a heart to those who can never speak again. Michael Bay clearly did the right thing by taking direction from those who where actually there. That is evident throughout the movie and really gives a heightened authenticity. One of the best historical war movies ever. Several emotions smack you hard throughout this movie. The acting was very well done by pretty much everyone. John Krasinski probably impressed me the most. I have not enjoyed much of anything he has done since the office. This is a rare film in that I will want to see again. I hope this work can help heal a country that was stabbed in the gut by the attempt to muddle the facts from that day.

13 Hour: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Author: Sarita Walker (ritari12@gmail.com) from Bay Area, California
13 January 2016

I had to give the movie 13 Hours a solid 10. I am a huge fan of true stories and movies that are based off books, especially when the story is filmed true to the real. This thrill riveting masterpiece not only captivated the lives of these six soldiers and the people trapped between this battle between the Libyan rebels, but Michael Bay did an excellent job with his use of guns and sound system that he always does so well. You can't help but stay on the edge of your seats as you hope these brave men all make it to the end of the movie. This movie has non stop violence while these heroic soldiers attempt to rescue the ambassador as well as help the American residents escape. This movie will have you racing against time as we relive this Sept 11, 2012 event also called the "Battle of Benghazi."

An Absolute MUST See... Michael Bay actually pulled it off!?! A remarkable film.

Author: ThomasMagnumPI from United States
15 January 2016

Telling this story needed to be done and done right. Amazingly, Michael Bay achieves true greatness with this effort. I'm overwhelmed because no one could have known Bay had this movie in him as a director.

This is a masterful film in almost every aspect and certainly in every way that truly matters. Maybe knowing the real life set up and cover up to these events helps elevate the appreciation of what hits the screen but the film holds up well even if a viewer is unaware of world affairs. The premeditated, brutal attack in 2012 on two United States installations in Benghazi, Libya is a dark chapter in not only the war on terror but in U.S. history in general. Expertly depicting the events surrounding those attacks with such tension and emotion is a credit to this film and those that made it. This includes the remarkable cast who each were superb in their roles. Maybe the first act was a bit long as characters were established and maybe the over use of shaky cam early can be considered technical flaws but when a story is this well told and this well crafted, flaws like that fall quickly by the waste side.

The movie draws you in and makes you feel like you were there on that fateful night. Without getting overly political, it informs the viewer of what happened in riveting detail. It leaves the "why did this happen and who is to blame" for the viewer to decide. The courage on display and the charisma of those that serve comes across in a big way. That (along with current political consequences) is reason enough why this story needed to be told. Thank God that they did it justice.

Beyond any BS - Unexpected Excellence

Author: featheredsun from United States
4 June 2016

Benghazi.

In this age of bitter rhetoric, the name conjures all manner of furor and blame. A small stinging wound to honor and prestige - a name to carry hate and zealotry.

Michael Bay, OF ALL PEOPLE, was able to peer into the 2012 attack on US diplomatic and intelligence resources, and capture one hell of a war story. Going into this movie, I expected a number of things. Among them were gratuitous explosions, jingoistic flag waving, and tough-guy tired clichés. I did not get what I was expecting.

Instead, Bay, his cast, and his filmmaking team have brought out a solid, technically informed, faithfully rendered account of those who were caught in the conflagration - how they found themselves there, how they fought for their lives, and how they made it out...or didn't. There's no political agenda here. The only agenda is to show warriors (who are also real people, with cares, and hopes and flaws) engaged in struggle, with all the courage, and luck, horror, and terrible splendor that is timeless.

And in the end, there's no war worship - only somber reflection on the nature of struggle, and what it does to these warriors. This is a clear and worthy work for that. Bravo.

Just put politics aside and watch it

Author: phd_travel from United States
18 February 2016

As polarizing as this movie is just put your politics aside and watch it. The attack is a part of history that deserves to be put on screen in as grand and well produced manner as can be. And in that sense it succeeds. The filming in Morocco and Malta captures a really on location feel.

The battles are well done and engaging, not over the top. It was a bit confusing at times distinguishing the main characters. Maybe they shouldn't have had beards for the movie because it made them look alike. Jon Krasinski and James Badge Dale, Max Martini and Dominic Fumusa are all good as the heroes. There is just enough background with kids and wives shown to put a human element to the people. Whatever your politics is, they were brave. Liked Jon Krasinki's characters statement about dying over there at the end.

The journey under fire from the embassy to the annex was gripping. The prolonged gunfire and mortar attack on the annex was quite scary too. It was chaotic but as long as you kept the 2 compounds separate in your mind it was okay. Initially, a little bit less back and forth between scenarios would have been better.

There are the "bad" good guys - the incompetent CIA people especially the chief who gives the infamous and disputed "Stand down" order. Wish they had shown a bit more of the Ambassador's death and recovery of his body but maybe it was just too disheartening for the screen.

Some people against the movie are probably just unhappy it was made in the first place. Apart from the stand down and request for air support it isn't too directly critical of the administration. There might not be a way to make a movie about Benghazi that actually could make the haters happy.

Watch this movie.

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
4 June 2016

"Things change fast here in Benghazi." Jack Silva (Krasinski) has just been reassigned as a guard for the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. What starts off as a routine assignment changes on September 11, 2012. When a group of insurgents breach the Embassy and attempt to kill the US Ambassador, Jack and his group of 6 have to make a decision. Follow orders and stay away, or disobey their commander and go help their fellow soldiers. I was looking forward to watching this, but I was also a little worried at the same time. The story is interesting and somewhat controversial and is a perfect idea for a movie, but it was directed by Michael Bay. For that reason I was expecting a lot of special effects and explosions and didn't think he was the director that should be in charge of this story. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was wrong. This is a realistic war movie that doesn't embellish the drama or actions, mainly because the story didn't need it. The movie is not political at all and mainly focus on the soldiers decisions. I liked it more than I expected to. Overall, not just a surprisingly good Michael Bay movie, a good movie period. I give this a high B+.

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]