IMDb > "Gotham" The Fearsome Dr. Crane (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Gotham" The Fearsome Dr. Crane (2015)

« Prev | 14 of 66 Episodes | Next »

Mid-season filler

Author: Fluke_Skywalker from United States
4 May 2016

No, not *that* Dr. Crane. His Dad... who is more or less like his Son will be. Oh, we see Junior (who looks like he just stumbled in from the set of 'American Ultra'), but it's not his time yet.

The Crane plot--which is thinly developed--serves as the meat, but the potatoes include a little Penguin/Maroni get-ta-know-ya that comes to a head, Bullock falling for beautiful woman afraid of swimming pools (it makes sense in context) and Gordon and Dr. Thompkins' romance moves forward just a tad, with the good doctor already a MAJOR upgrade over Barbara.

Pedestrian episode, at best. Typical mid-season filler.

One of the best episodes of the series to date

Author: Kevin_the_Cow from United States
3 February 2015

When 'Gotham' returned from it's winter break with 'Rogue's Gallery,' I was very disappointed and still think it's the worst episode to date. Then, 'What the Little Bird Told Him' aired, and I still think it's the best episode to date. Last week we had 'Welcome Back, Jim Gordon' which was the second worst episode to date. This week, we got 'The Fearsome Dr. Crane,' which is probably the second best episode to date along with 'Penguin's Umbrella'.

Robin Lord Taylor continues to prove he's the best thing about the show and any scene he's in is brilliant. This was a very important episode for him as Fish Mooney told Maroni that Penguin is working for Falcone, so Penguin is no longer 'in' with Maroni, something he's been since episode 3 or 4. I especially like his last scene.

It feels like Nygma is beginning to form the grudge that causes him to become the Riddler and hate the GCPD. He gets suspended in this episode, but the comes back at the end because he made the actual morgue guy get fired.

Bullock seems to be forming some form of relationship with this new girl who's name I can't recall. I'm not sure what to make of that.

No sign of Falcone, Barbara or Montoya in this episode, and cameos from Cat, Bruce and Alfred.

Gordon seems to finally be getting over Barbara and starting to really like Dr. Leslie Thompkins. I hope she dies at the end of the season because I know Gordon marries Barbara in most canons.

Overall, this is easily the best 'Case of the Week' episode and the third best behind 'What the Little Bird Told Him' and 'Penguin's Umbrella.' And if the pattern continues, next week's episode will suck.