IMDb > "Scream: The TV Series" (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Scream: The TV Series"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Scream: The TV Series" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

It's not the films, so don't treat it that way.

Author: groblermarcel from South Africa
1 July 2015

Well if I'm being honest, the idea of a TV series based on a 90's slasher trilogy (and Scream 4) didn't seem like a great idea when I first found out about it about a month ago. So I followed the build-up and got more and more excited as the time neared for the show's premiere. And it was worth it! Firstly; The show is different than the movies, but what did you expect? Yea, it got inspiration from the source material but it stands on it's own. Secondly; don't mind the clichés, they're meant to be there. Overall this is a fun comedy-horror/mystery with all the horror clichés in the book, you love to see someone die because they're stupid! Even the characters are clichés; There are the Jocks (popular douche bags), nerds (or in this case horror fans), and of course you have the virgins (or good girls). So have fun trying to guess who the killer is, I know I will.

The never ending SCREAM !!!!

Author: vidhyamenon
10 May 2016

Being a big fan of the original "scream" series ,I thought a TV series like the original would less likely attract me. But to my surprise this was really amazing ,of course there are some cliché moments but still it would give you the thrill of what's going to happen next.The main highlight of this TV series is the story, it clearly explains the motive of the killer which makes sense and there's a good mystery behind it.Added to that the bits of romance and friendship bond between the characters is too good. A coming to the cast,all the characters have acted very well especially Willa Fitzgerald really has been top notch.Another thing to be appreciated is that each and every episode is good and the story doesn't deviate with any unwanted segments. I would recommend any horror fan to watch this and trust me you will never get bored of this SCREAM

Brilliant Acting Cast and Amazingly Created

Author: Jardene Wiseman from Australia
7 May 2016

If you aren't sure whether you should watch it... do yourself a favour and sit down and watch it! Like a lot of people, I was sceptical about how they were able to successfully complete this series. However, it is brilliant and has you gasping for more. It is well written and exceptionally directed. However, it would be nothing without its brilliantly cast Actors. Amongst its other amazing actors, Bex Taylor-Klaus is exceptional in playing a complex character. Hope we continue to see her on our screen!

It isn't too similar to the movies. However, if i had to compare, this TV adaption would win by far, even though i an a huge fan of the movies.

Safe to say I am hanging out for Season 2. And I hope there is more to come!!

What a great surprise!

Author: José Carlos Domingos from Portugal
1 July 2015

I was a little bit worried in the beginning, but with all the videos and stuff they released I actually started liking it, it's different so, if you want to see a copy of Scream Movies, forget it. This is completely different, but in a good way, it's has a good sense of humor, which reminds me the Scream Movies, the mask it works, for me, and actually this show has a story behind, so the killer doesn't kill just for fun. It's funny how they try to "blame" some characters, so we can have our own theory.

It's still in development so, we can't just say it's awful at the premiere, this is that show that is growing episode by episode, so give it a chance, I love it, it's different, and who is a addicted to movies, are gonna love the references and Noah's theories.

The murderer will be some less you think...

Author: Ahmet Kozan from Turkey
15 April 2016

Amicably making a case for itself. As a TV series, Scream has the advantage of having infamous namesake and it does deliver the classic slasher gimmick, although its greatest attribute is its self- awareness. It realizes the obstacles, such as cliché high school setting and transition from movie to series, and rather than trying to gloss it over, Scream faces it head-on with smart quips in addition to the mandatory pool of blood.

Premise remains the same, a killer stalks their preys before mutilating them in gruesome fashion. The show gives this antique gore aptly, it's pretty good in the buildup and effect of the butchering is done with just the right tone. However, it's not just slashing away randomly, it also tries to set an eclectic cast. As the movie itself says, the audience should invest or care about the characters to make the killing efficient.

Characters are presentable, casting fresh actors is a good direction to build the series. They don't veer too much from typical high school kids, but there is effort to broaden the personalities beyond the expected. It uses already proved formula and tweaks it with modern upgrade without overflowing it to needlessly aggrandized aspects.

The main concern is how much the straightforward plot can carry it for many episodes. Its necessity to offer kills can also be taxing for a series and unlike movie sequel or reboot, the nostalgia effect will wear off sooner of latter. Luckily, it has room to expand and with enough mystery, it could work for the long run.

Serializing a slasher flick might have its issues, but Scream is clever enough to turn most of them into perks, making the classic kill fest into a more modern version and also staying true to its root. 7/10

Great amazing thrill

Author: btrusherlifeks
17 June 2016

This is my favorite show. It makes you keep guessing and the acting is great. Yeah they're parts where they could've done better just like everything and everyone else in movies and shows. Scream makes it so easy to watch and be entertained. It'll keep people guessing and wondering who's next? And even who is the killer? The show plays so well and the story line is great and easy to follow. every time you turn around your own thoughts and theories can change and it makes you wonder what is the truth? And who is this masked killer? The show is incredible and I recommend anyone interested to watch the thrill because you won't be disappointed.

Warning, Major Spoilers Ahead.

Author: Luis Martinez from Colombia
13 May 2016

- This series is just amazing, and so underrated. What I love about this series is that you actually get to know the characters (different from the movies) and care about them, which makes us root for them to survive, and when they die, it makes us feel heartbroken. Riley is the perfect example of this, you want her to survive, you want her to end up with Noah. She seemed safe in the police station, but her innocence led her to go out of it and she ended up dying tragically. During this and the next episode I cried, because I was rooting for her to survive. And other characters that make major growth: like Brooke, at the end of the first season I wanted her to survive and forgave Emma for choosing Brooke over Riley. At the end of the day I love this series because you connect with the characters and get personally attached, and this makes the thrill so big and that's why you need to watch the next episode, so you can see that your favorite doesn't die.

Better than we all expected

Author: stevenkingmetcalfe from Lexington, KY
1 July 2015

Of course in this day and age, technology Youtube, and Facebook are going to be a big part of our new television show's plots, and I guess it's kind of a drag to see that.. Aside from that, this show is pretty juicy.

You never know whom is going to be the next murder suspect, or murdered cast member. It really is a lot like the Scream movies, in terms of making fun of itself subtly. If you over-examine this show, and want to hate it, you probably will. Honestly, I'd choose watching this (so far) over the walking dead, any day.

Overall, it's entertaining. 9/10 for beating expectations

I have no standards

Author: leejoyce-36039 from Australia
27 June 2016

I am the type of person to watch anything and everything, so if you ask me to recommend something, the possibility of it being bad (although I love it) tends to be high.

Anyway, I am addicted to scream. It is like a more tolerable version of scream queens with addicting characters and plots. The second season, I started to fall out for reasons, but it doesn't stop me from being so curious for what happens next. Please watch it. I don't want it to be canceled. I am addicted.

Since I already compared it to scream queens once, scream has more character development (in a way yeah) even though some characters themselves are stereotypical characters. The humour in the series matches my own which gave the series brownie points and I'll just be really sad to see it go... i think. I just need to see how the second season ends. (For the record, I binge watched the first season twice in one day. once by myself and once with my friends)

Good plot twists, easily addictive

Author: caoimhemglally
11 August 2016

I recently began binge-watching Scream the series on Netflix a couple of days ago and became hooked straight away. I had seen the original Scream movie from 1996 and found the story-line to be clever and was intrigued to see how they could revamp the 90s cult film into a 2015 series and what the similarities between the characters would be with a modern twist.

I am currently on the final 2 episodes of the second series and can say that the show has not disappointed yet. The first series was easy to follow and the characters were well cast with good back stories and played out in a sense that everyone could be a possible suspect. Just when I began to feel any empathy or adhere to a character, they would be murdered or attacked and thus, throwing the viewer off track as to 'who done it'.

Although there appeared to be many cringe-worthy moments, I personally enjoyed all the pop culture references as it made the show feel more relatable growing up in world where social media is everything (whether we like to admit it or not). It brought the show into a modern era using terms such as 'viral' and 'gif' which would appear in everyday conversation of young adults and adolescents, making the show even more appealing. Also, the use of Samsung's and iPhone's was very well done as it used the proper text tones and ringtones. Even small technical adjustments such as these, make all the difference to getting the audience on the director's side as it shows familiarity and makes an extremely dramatised show even the slightest feeling that maybe something this insane IS possible.

I started off not liking most of the characters however, as the episodes developed so did they and they became more likable and I found myself vouching for the majority bar a few. The relationships between the characters build which is clearly evident in the second series and chemistry is strong between cast members which shown through their performances with each other.

The one aspect of the show I felt fell short was in the story-line, as there was lack of police protection for the main protagonist Emma. She is clearly being targeted by the serial killer and is left to fend for herself majority of the time, which I felt was too far- fetched even for this drama. However, I am aware that if the show were to take the more realistic approach by having Emma and her friends constantly under police supervision, the story-line would end up rather mundane or even non-existent. It would be appreciated though, if there were a way some sort of protection was evident even by having a police man check-in on the teens during the night. Just something I picked up on.

Overall, this show is thrilling and constantly keeps the audience wondering who the killer under the Scream mask is. The show is aimed at an age group from 15 to 26 year old's, due to the pop culture references and the use of technology throughout. Although it appears far-fetched at times, the story is interesting and the characters are lovable as well as having the scare-factor within each episode. I would definitely recommend if the horror genre is something you're interested in.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]