IMDb > Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Dragon Ball Z: Doragon bôru Z - Fukkatsu no 'F'

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' More at IMDbPro »Dragon Ball Z: Doragon bôru Z - Fukkatsu no 'F' (original title)

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Resurrection of Dragon Ball Z!

Author: Luffy Monkey D. from United States
19 April 2015

This is the Dragon Ball Z Movie experience I always wanted. While Battle of Gods was an amazingly fun light-hearted adventure, this is the badass action-packed DBZ that we wanted since the Cell Saga.

Goku and Vegeta have now ascended to Gods with Whis as their new master. I absolutely loved the exploration of Goku and Vegeta's character dynamics and development throughout the training scenes, with Whis not only being a physical mentor but a spiritual one as well.

Bills provides much of the comedy in his own unique manner as one of the best new DBZ Characters ever. Speaking of new characters, I'm pleasantly surprised by Frieza's new minions, especially Sorbet as he's actually useful throughout the movie and not just fodder like the rest of Frieza's army. The invasion scene was amazing as it put the Z warriors back in the spotlight and gave the movie some much-needed tension. Especially Gohan; not since his fight with Cell has he been this badass!

Speaking of badassery, the very definition of the word, Vegeta, finally gets his time to really shine (there are no stupid bingo scenes in this one...) - it is straight up brawls in that over-the-top fashion we all know and love delivered by the Prince of all Saiyans.

In the end, the 15th DBZ Film featured the return of the greatest Anime villain of all time: Frieza in a Battle of Gods with the Super Saiyan God Goku. It's just classic!

Amazing

Author: mahmoude from United Kingdom
11 April 2015

I was in Britain but when I heard Funamation was releasing this in subtitles before Japan I just couldn't miss it I booked my flight and got a ticket to the movie.i have no doubt that all the Dragonball z fans will love this movie with amazing animation and story and when the Dub comes out I am 100% sure that it will be much better.i love how Goku gets a new blue form and how we find out much more about Whis and that he can time travel at the end of the movie I was expecting Vegeta to be the hero but surprise surprise IT was Goku AGAIN.i love how all the characters got there spot light and they where all outing up a good fight that was until Freiza came. I was disappointed that Gohan went Super Saiyan but he really did need the power.overall this movie is an amazing piece of work and I would recommend everyone to watch it

One of the best pieces of Dragon Ball content ever.

Author: Mathew
27 May 2015

Oh boy, what a movie! I'll make this real quick and spoiler free.

Set 2 years after the previous film, Battle of Gods, Frieza is revived by two remnants of his army, Sorbet and Tagoma. By doing this, Frieza has come back with a plan to become stronger and the intentions of getting revenge on the people who stood in his way. Thus begins the most action packed, funniest, epic, exhilarating and beautiful Dragon Ball thing ever created. It's freakin' amazing.

Everything from the animation to its soundtrack to its fights and to it's sheer amount of memorable moments is just top quality. You don't need to be a Dragon Ball fan to enjoy this one.

You are doing yourself a huge disfavour by not watching this movie, Especially if you're a fan of the series.

This is going in my top 10 favourite animated movies.

The Dragon Ball film experience I've always wanted.

Author: Jarred Franks
29 June 2015

This movie is fantastic. It does almost everything right and it's one of the most entertaining animated films I've ever seen.

Resurrection 'F' is action packed and freaking' hilarious. It perfects the mix of action and humour and creates one heck of a ride. The weaker characters finally get their moments in the spotlight and it is so good to see characters such as Roshi and Tien throw down.

Goku and Vegeta are the stars here and this movie includes some of the best interactions between the two characters, it's great to watch. Frieza is back and he's just as awesome as you remember him. There's a reason why this guy is the best Dragon Ball villain and one of the most iconic villains of all time and you see that reason in this film.

The animation is, hands down, the best the series has ever looked. An excellent mix of hand drawn and digital animation. Incredible use of cinematography that makes the viewer feel as if they are within the fights. It has an awesome soundtrack and includes a head- banging insert song that'll be stuck in your head for weeks.

Watch this movie. Dragon Ball fan or not, you need to see this. It's awesome.

Satisfying, but Not Groundbreaking

Author: MacKenzy Reynolds from United States
6 August 2015

For the first time in 20 years, I have finally had the privilege to go into a movie theater to see Dragonball Z! I had a high expectations list, as I didn't really care too much for the previous Dragonball movie.

I will say overall, the film was great! My buddy and I had a great time watching this, and it was good to see that Akira Still has some creativity under his belt even though he is 60 years old now!

For the plot, expect to learn some new things about the Dragonball universe. Some characters will teach new techniques that you will find very intriguing! It definitely opens up a lot of doors for the Dragonball universe. The story-line was not too complicated, and was easy enough to swallow without any analyzing. I did see a few inaccuracies to the plot, which didn't coincide with the plot of the original anime, such as where Frieza went after he died in the anime; it is completely different in the movie. I won't give too much information as to where, but let's just say it's a special place for special people :) They mentioned some of the old characters, but unfortunately, they didn't get any screen-time. I was hoping this film was going to be a full reunion of the whole Z- Crew, however, I was disappointed. :( The balance of action, and speaking was masterfully balanced in the writing! There was enough speaking for the plot to be established, without making it seem like a Michael Bay movie, and the action was complete fun from start to finish. They definitely improved from the last film on that aspect!

As always, you will have the urge to scream along with the voice actors! It's amazing how the voice-actors character voices have barely aged at all, even with the hours upon hours of loud screaming. Sean Schemmel does a wonderful job as always screaming his lungs out, and going right back into character flawlessly. However, they did change the actor for Frieza. For one of two reasons, either the old one wasn't paid enough for it, or he just didn't want to be in it period, so expect to be surprised by the different voice of Frieza.

The animation was good, and bad at the same time. Unfortunately, Toei animations kept the film at the standard 28 fps (if you aren't tech savvy, that's really bad for an animated film) which would occasionally seem laggy, and choppy. The art though was phenomenal! Akira did a really good job of integrating both 3d and 2d drawings into one. Most animes you see out there won't do that. So that's definitely a plus!

I had a lot of fun seeing the old crew back together again, and it was definitely reassuring to see that the voice actors are still around and love their characters just as much as we do. I urge every DBZ fan to go out and see the film, and enjoy it. You won't be disappointed, and you will have a good time!

Good movie (spoiler here people!)

Author: asexualgentleman from The sun
31 May 2015

Where to begin and where to end. Such an amazing movie. Perfect combination of humour and action. Made me feel like I was watching a reset version of namek saga where things were different. vegeta got the lime light he needed, and he fought frieza like a real saiyan! Great fight scenes and perfect animation went on to give this movie an even greater effect of surprise.

Unfortunately beerus did not take part in the action, but that was more than made up when Goku and Vegeta fighting golden frieza in their new forms! Another positive thing is that it leaves an enormous space for the following series (dragon ball super) to expand on in the future. One word to conclude: Amazing!

One Of the Best DBZ Movies, with The Best action Scenes

Author: saadkhatib from Jordan
21 June 2015

Two Years after the Battle Of Gods film which i thought was an utter trash for various reasons :from a childish story to the huge amounts of stupid really stupid fan service to a disappointing final fight, the only good thing about the film was the introduction of Beerus and the idea of the destruction god, Now this comes out,and this is one of the best DBZ movies ever made, it has all what you want from a DBZ movie and more: the plot is simple but good and entertaining, Frieza is as amazing and menacing as ever, and the animation and action is a superb as dbz has ever been, it is a true showcase of creating fight scenes , it cannot get any better than this when it comes to action animation, it blends the super powers bad ass fighting scenes with great hand to hand combat and superb choreography. it is action packed and straight to the point , and the humor scenes and jokes are not layered thick or forced just to be there , they come at the right time in the right amount, the ending also has a nice twist also. I am a DBZ fan , but i am not one of those fans that would love anything related to what he/she loves just because i am a fanboy, NO!, if it is good it is good if not then i will bash it, but this film is one of the good dbz films and a great if not the best when it comes to fighting scenes and animation, if you like and love the show this film is great , if you are not familiar with DBZ or you don't like the show but like fighting scenes and action you will like it too. as a DBZ film this is a 9/10 film as an anime fighting film this is 1 9.5 or 10/10 film as an anime film this is 1 6 or 7/10 film

Severe disappointment.

Author: cokezero99 from Switzerland
24 October 2015

This film was the most hyped Dragonball film in a long time mainly because Frieza returns. Also there is a new Dragonball series running adding to the whole atmosphere and excitement of Dragonball but this film severely disappointed me. I have been a Dragonball fan for like over 10 years.

The main problem with this film is that it feels like a copy/paste job of every other film. Ever. If you have watched any other Dragonball film you can predict the results and the steps that happen to reach the ending. This goes for the plot and story progression so that you could write it yourself. Frieza returns, supporting cast fumble around until the big fish (Goku/Vegeta) show up and they fight with very expected results. And without spoiling anything the film is resolved using a plot mechanic that was literally used previously in films and the series.

And frankly the whole Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms (red and blue respectfully) are nothing more than desperate palette swaps to keep up the idea of power progression that is such a worn out element even starting in the original Dragonball. The design of these forms are just... lazy. As for Frieza's new design, it's also just another palette swap.

Another poor issue is the canon of Dragonball by now. Super Saiyan was always implied to be so damn strong and just having a SS fighting on a planet leads to severe damage to it. But now these apparently insanely god like being are fighting and it has the same effect on the surroundings as fights in early DBZ. It's just wrong.

On the good side it's the best looking graphically speaking though I have seen way more awesome scenes in the main series. The sound is on point and features a kick-ass song from Maximum the Hormone.

I give it 3/10. As a hardcore DB fan who has literally watched everything DB related by now... there is no real reason to ever watch this. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table. You will get more enjoyment writing your own fanfic or re-watching older films.

Poor ending

Author: Ritvik Deshprabhu
24 September 2015

The movie started off just great and looked promising for the first few minutes. The fight scenes were great and executed well enough. However, the movie had a very poor ending. Frieza had been Vegeta's nemesis from the very start and when Vegeta stepped in to fight Frieza, there was a certain kind of anticipation running through everyone expecting Vegeta to finish it in his style. However, the whole thing happened very briefly and expressing Goku as nothing but a victory hog. The movie was very one sided and somehow forced on to Goku to save the day, that too, very abruptly. Characters like Gohan and Piccolo were also mocked. At the end I would like to say it had some great fight scenes but a poor ending

One of the most disappointing DBZ movies in the catalogue

Author: MovieLord23 from San Antonio
28 September 2015

Resurrection F was a highly anticipated movie because DBZ got a new makeover followed by a successful movie Battle of Gods. Now we have the gang returning and we quite possibly the most important and famous villain in the series: Frieza. Naturally, I was really excited to see this movie after being pleasantly surprised by the last one. However, this movie turned out to be a huge disappointment as it failed to deliver on the great premise with a truly anticlimactic finish and a cop out.

Good: The battles are good with some cool hard hitting action. All the Z fighters get a chance to shine for a bit which is cool. I'm getting more used to the mix of 2D and CG in these movies and it looks good. I like the set-up for the movie as it does provide a quick solution that I never thought about: Why don't henchmen use the Dragon Balls to wish their evil lords back more often?

Bad: The movie has a great premise and never uses it. Frieza comes back, trains, and arrives on Earth. He is mad and wants revenge so what does he do? He destroys a city. Yep. I know Gohan, Piccolo, and Tien arrived, but the movie should have allowed to brought forth more destruction to up the ante. One city doesn't cut it and it just bolted quick through the action with the henchmen. The henchmen battle is cool, but again it felt rushed in a way. Without the reinforcement of Frieza as a truly evil villain, the battles did not have enough weight aside from having to stop him. Even Frieza was built weakly compared to his stint on Namek. The comedy here doesn't work much at all. While Battle of Gods was goofy, it somehow embraced the campy fun in a more efficient manner while still providing the heavy stakes needed to make it work. Resurrection F lacked stakes and the comedy almost never worked as they were retreads of the previous film. The intergalactic guardian character was useless and crow barred in there. Then there's the ending which finally had Vegeta get his much deserved revenge on Frieza after decades of torment which included murdering his father and destroying his home planet. However, the movie cops out of that cool ending to give us the same old Goku saves the day scenario which ended up being the set up for a Goku glory hog joke which never worked. If they actually had Vegeta kill Frieza cleanly, it would have been a very nice touch to bring the Frieza story to a close given how Goku and Trunks have killed him in the past and having Vegeta kill him for good would have been poignant. However, they missed that train and thereby killing any momentum the movie had before.

Overall, it was a big waste of potential. If they let Vegeta get his moment and allow more build up for Frieza's return, it could have been the best movie in the DBZ universe, but it relegates to the basics which I honestly expected more out of them than that.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]