1. In the new universe where every company with cash flow is suddenly a TV producer, there are more new TV shows per season than at any time in the history of the medium. Not too shabby that
2. The law of Natural Selection tells us they will not all be great. What is even more interesting is that shows with good early episodes sometimes fall apart, like the tank just jumped to empty. (KINGDOM, the MMA serial, is an example. Brilliant first season, season 2 seems like another show entirely, almost outtakes from home movies)
3. And then we have Fortitude. Am only at E06 but the opener was brilliant and each episode has either maintained the unique cadence or actually gotten better.
4. This episode is a keeper. The throwaway scene (secondary arc) with the little girl who has to jump start the snowmobile would have been a highlight in another show. Here it just skips by
5. And once again credit to the unbilled cast member that steals every scene. The cold. The only comparison I can find are the slasher flicks where the audience knows there is a killer out there. Here the potential killer is the cold and even sitting at home you never lose sight of it. Great show
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?