IMDb > The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Last: Naruto the Movie

The Last: Naruto the Movie More at IMDbPro »

The world of Naruto is exceedingly sophisticated!

Author: Rosalyn Lim 林惠美 (hayashimegumi) from http://rosalynmuses.blogspot.com
31 January 2015

The Shinobi World is charming and The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) is just another evident of that fact. There are so many elements to it such as clan mysteries, interesting characters and types of jutsu, just to name a few. After watching the animated feature, I must confess that I am impressed with the series! Now I understand why there are so many Naruto fans in the world; it is certainly because the world of Naruto is exceedingly sophisticated!

The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) started with decent yet artistic introduction to the Shinobi World, with adaptation of Greensleeves as the background music which is quite suitable with the mood of the story. Then, it proceeded with flashbacks which I thought the childhood ones are especially sweet and Naruto's growth over the years can be seen in brief. These scenes are great; they are vital to the plot yet refreshing for all audiences, including those who are new to Naruto or have been away from the series for a very long time!

After that, the main plot begins. It was absorbing and the sound effects makes it even better. There are plenty of hilarious moments and plot twists which are unexpected and I like how unpredictable the story is. Even though it is largely a romance film, there are a lot of action and fantasy as well. With abundance of interesting elements particularly the clan mysteries and the creation of Shinobi World, it makes the whole animated feature quite unique and entertaining to watch!

Now, some hardcore or long time Naruto fans may not agree with my review. I have also read that there are some controversies but all those shouldn't hinder me from reviewing The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) based on its performance. Ultimately, what I am trying to achieve through writing movie reviews is to help all my readers regardless of background to meet a new love or an interesting movie. It is a part of my personal mission in exploring all of animated features ever existed which is a Non-stop Animated Movie Marathon that might take years. If I really don't care, I wouldn't even be writing this. Don't judge a film by its trailer or poster!

Even to someone just getting familiar to Naruto, it is easy to tell that The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) does not include reasonable ending stories to all of the endearing characters in the Naruto Universe. Most of them have very little screen time and not much is known about the other characters here as this animated feature largely features Ōtsutsuki clan and NaruHina. So, too bad that it is heavily focused on this couple. That itself could be the flaw of this animated feature as it may not satisfy all fans but fortunately, the plot is quite satisfying and it is unusually pleasant!

Personally, I feel The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) is a good one despite that one flaw because everything else is great. The visuals and animations are beautiful and I quite like Naruto and Hinata's love story too. Most of all, the plot is interesting and I find the Ōtsutsuki clan part most interesting. I hope the next one, Boruto: Naruto the Movie will share with us more about the characters' lives!

By now, you should be able to tell that I am not very familiar with Naruto even though I have known the series for many years as they are a popular anime and manga series. This is my first Naruto movie by the way but I immediately became a fan afterwards along with taking a liking to several of its characters. That might be weird but that only mean one thing; this animated feature is quite good, it is able to capture the hearts of new fans!

As a conclusion, The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014) is amazing. It has the ability to charm us in its own unique ways because Naruto is a great anime/manga! Ending this review, I hope the creators of Naruto would create more of these so we could know what had happened to all the likable characters during the timeskip... Love the all the stories and remarkable settings!