IMDb > Element (2016/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Element More at IMDbPro »

Argue argue argue

Author: Mike Fredensborg from Denmark
10 November 2016

If you want to watch a movie where every single scene is an argument, and I mean this literally, there is barely one scene in the movie where the lead role isn't arguing, yelling, or being yelled at by everyone he interacts with, then watch Element. Personally I watch movies to relax, but this one had me yelling too, at the actors, at the script writer, at the director, everything. I managed to make it to the end, which surprised me, I had really hoped for the plot to change, or the actors to start acting instead of yapping fast lines. If I have to say something positive, it's that the movie has a start, a middle and an ending, though not a very good ending. Summary: bad acting, bad script and a lot of yelling.

indie

Author: mollie-11 from United States
18 December 2016

Really enjoyed the film. Love seeing and being apart of indie film. The film delves into the idea of hypnosis and literally loosing oneself in this alternative reality. There is significant research surrounding this and it is interesting to see how it might be realized. I enjoy the twist of our hero's journey as well. Technically the difference between reality and dream state was significant. The dream world had stability and peace, while "reality" was jarred and disjointed. Michael Ironside is a legend and it was wonderful to see him in the role of Joe. He killed it. I know the film was shot in Oklahoma City. And I was impressed with the variety of locations and the fact that Oklahoma City had so much diversity.