IMDb > "NCIS: New Orleans" (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"NCIS: New Orleans"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"NCIS: New Orleans" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Review of NCIS New Orleans

Author: household137 from NEW ORLEANS, LA
21 October 2014

As a New Orleans native I implore you and the writers to walk down any street in New Orleans and talk to a LOCAL. We DO NOT eat shrimp and grits for breakfast and praline bacon isn't in our fridge. We have worked very hard to come back from Katrina and it PAINS ME that this series (which I love and watch regularly) is making us look like uneducated loud mouth pigs. Please - come uptown and take a census of LOCALS, have a LOCAL help you with the dialect!! We DO NOT talk like that unless your're from Mississippi. PLEASE! I LOVE my city and would LOVE for the series to continue and for us New Orleanians to sound like the intelligent up and coming tech community that we are! Thank you!

Comment on the NCIS New Orleans

Author: albar0123 from Melbourne, Australia
14 October 2014

I live in Australia and saw only up to the third episode. I love NCIS and like NCIS LA very much.

After seeing the third episode, I want to know who the writer is that left rehab after a few weeks. The dialog regarding PTSD and one day @ a time stopped me dead in my tracks. This is not Armed Forces talk, but Hollywood writing at the worst.

The navy left New Orleans in 2011. The only Armed Forces that are left in New Orleans are the National Guard.

Not only did NCIS New Orleans jump the shark by the third episode, but also I hope the shark circled around and ate whoever agreed to the lowest common denominator for this branding.

Soooo disappointed

Author: ceiag from United Kingdom
31 May 2015

I knew that there was going to be (is) a NO spin off, but I was so dreadfully disappointed in this. I have just watched the two-part launch in series 11 of NCIS, and the only character who was believable was the wonderful CCH Pounder. The characterisation and sympathetic background was laid on with a trowel. You need to allow characters to develop, to grow up, not be born complete. The parallels stretched the audience's tolerance (the Abbi, the Ducky (although, as I said, CCH was great), the new girl...)and insult their intelligence. And even in England, we appreciate what New Orleans went through with Katrina, but to mention several times how much these characters had done or suffered because of it, in the opening of a series, belittles the genuine suffering of the people of that iconic city. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, but this was so disappointing, I cannot help but say so.

Lousy plot plus WAY too much NOLA culture.

Author: kennersingle
23 September 2014

Take a lousy plot and try and make up for it by making your main character a guy that loves to cook creole food and plays in a jazz band. Drop lots of street and neighborhood names and generally WAY too much "culture" and what do you get? NCIS New Orleans. Oh, and make sure you include street violence and a corrupt politician. The crooked politician and trumpeter are WAY overplayed. I'm from NOLA and I hoped this would at least be close to as good as the original NCIS. Instead it tries to play off the fame of the original and America's fascination with our unique culture to make poor writing sell. But then trying to use exaggerated cultures of various cities to sell lousy writing is an old game.

Is this NCIS for dummies?

Author: mattkimbennett from AL
9 October 2014

I am a huge NCIS fan, and I have even found NCIS: LA entertaining. But seriously.... NCIS: NO is a huge let down! Being a southern girl myself, I tried to like it. I forced myself to watch the first 3 or 4 episodes, but finally had enough and turned it off. I am a huge fan of mystery, crime, etc., but NCIS: NO has horrible writers! I know it isn't the actors because I have loved other shows they have done. I was a huge fan of Quantum Leap!! I feel that the writers seem to think that since this is a show set in the south that those interested in it must be from the south, so therefore, they need to slow down the pace so we can keep up! I actually felt like I was losing brain cells watching! This has the potential to be a great show, if you had decent writers!!! Go back to the drawing board and speed up the pace, or this NCIS will be a bust!

The right kind of show at the right time. History has made this possible.

Author: Jesse Boland from Burnaby, BC Canada
25 March 2014

I really was glad to see this show, so I am going to have to keep focused on the review, and not the "Fan boy crap". I will get right to it, NCIS has been a solid show in the top 5 since it was first launched, and the LA version has done well with the older crowds, but there has been a lack of real darkness, and this will be the right place to look for the darkest of dark, to be more like Criminal Minds. The Bijou the swamps, and the Parishes are always fun for those of us who only go there to party, and with the success of True Detective this year this show was a forgone conclusion. Now the cast is extremely robust, packed tight with real acting heavy weights, Everyone loves Scott Bakula, and Lucas Black the kid from Sling Blade has never had a bad performance, though he has never been anyone beyond the Alabama boy that he is. CCH Pounder was the conscience of The Shield, so she will be a great Coroner. So far what they have shown us is quality, and that CBS is giving them the room they need to make quality drama. If you like NCIS, or Criminal Minds, then you will be hooked on this one as fast as you can smell the bait. This is the right time for a show of this kind to be on network TV, don't expect any language, but there should still be some nice edge.

Jesse of www.Jesse.ca

ooo myy gooddd

Author: maverick-zenica from Netherlands
29 September 2014

where to begin...hmmmi normally I don't write reviews , but this time i had to do it , cause we are talking about NCIS people !! i am a huge fan of NCIS series, but this one i will for sure skip.. Acting was so lame,i was almost falling a sleep during the show..{jazz New Orleans, and Scott Bakula ( for gods sake CPT Archer you can do better than this} Lets make some comparison to NCIS /NCIS LA...even on a boring episodes ..they make me smile , with one liners, or Gibbs slap on the head , Dinozzos film references,Hetty's crap , Hanna, G , Deeks ,Abby , Mc Geek en rest .. I really really was hoping for more from the pilot ... The pilot is there the crucial point where u catch the audience, make us wait for next episode , keep me on the edge , and not make me watch bedtime story ... I give it 2 * only cause i am {was} a fan of Capt Archer....

that all folks

Pitiful extension of the NCIS franchise!

Author: lukebearone from New Orleans, United States
1 October 2014

This series, in the opinion of a huge fan of NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles, is simply pitiful. The writing, especially in the pilot and the first two episodes, is weak and puerile, so weak is the plot line and dialog, that they felt it necessary early on to drag in Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherley, Pauley Perrette , David McCallum and Rocky Carroll to prop up far-fetched story lines, like a Baton Rouge doctor starting an epidemic of bubonic plague. And their presence didn't help at all! As a New Orleanian I rapidly grow tired of Scott Bakula's character's constant references to Hurricane Katrina and how this "great city" has suffered enough. The audience has suffered enough already! The entire premise for this show is weak from the git-go -- I am sure that the Navy Department has more important cities which have NCIS departments that could be a better basis for a series than this decrepit river town of less than 400,000 residents. I give it barely 3 stars, out of a sense of compassion to all involved.

This spin-off is a FAIL

Author: cjabier-163-243971 from Toronto, Canada
18 November 2014

I am a die-hard NCIS fan and was stoked that Mark Harmon was producing this spin-off. Unfortunately, that's about as far as it goes. NCIS: New Orleans pales in comparison to the original and NCIS: LA and for this I blame the very, very, very bad writing. Another irritant is the artificial/fake New Orleans/Southern accents the actors use (actually jarring to the ear). It's bad enough that they use the NCIS character lineup formula (Gibbs-Dinozzo-McGee-Ziva-Abby-Ducky) but couldn't they have come up with something different, a twist, perhaps? (maybe a forensics team composed of newbies/trainees so the audience is educated along with the forensics team as they go about their duties, or taking it a step further and showing us the legal aspect after the cat and mouse section) ANYTHING! except the current sub-standard copycat production that it is now.

Bellisario Does it Again. NCIS New Orleans is spectacular.

Author: mitchellhaleyou from United States
25 March 2014

Donald P. Bellisario does it again. Beautifully done. NCIS New Orleans makes me want to watch and see what happens next. Nice introduction and expansion of new characters as well as the expansion of existing known characters. As always doesn't disappoint with the history of characters and their development within the NCIS. I think this show displays only the best in screen writing. NCIS New Orleans really expands and broadens character area and ext. screenwriter's aspect. NCIS New Orleans is so worth any high budget external location filming endeavor. Brings us back int. to what we expect and know out of existing locations and characters. NCIS New Orleans also is developing a pretty awesome int. view aspect of a NCIS New Orleans office. While I have no idea of future intent of the producers; I'm hopeful the producers expand this show to an NCIS New Orleans full season. I want to see more.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]