"How I Met Your Mother" Last Forever: Part Two (2014)

« Prev | 208 of 208 Episodes

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

disappointing

Author: lo_ongg from Romania
1 April 2014

not my words, but expresses exactly my thoughts, originally written by Josh Gaisser:

'Dear How I Met Your Mother Creators,

To say I was disappointed in the series finale of How I Met Your Mother is a gross understatement. I am disconcertingly, irretrievably, unfathomably disappointed in the way you chose to end what used to be my absolute favorite television series of all time, to the point where it makes me physically ill to think about. For nine seasons you taught us to believe in magic, and in destiny, and happy endings, and in the fates always working out in the end, no matter how bumpy the road to get there was. This ending absolutely destroyed everything that was magical about this series. A few things you destroyed:

Barney Stinson. From the moment we saw Barney asking about his tie at the end of season 6, and realized that he was getting married, we have seen the character of Barney Stinson evolve, albeit slowly from a manipulative womanizer to a gentlemen worthy of marrying Robin Sherbatsky. When he finally vowed to always tell Robin the truth the moment before he married her, I was proud of him and the full circle that he had done. And then, in one episode, you destroyed three seasons of character development for Barney and made him devolve into an unfunny, immature scumbag of a guy who knocked somebody up and who wasn't even happy about having a child until the moment he held her in his arms. What a SAD, MISERABLE ending for one of the most diverse characters in the show.

Robin Sherbatsky. Ruined her character as well. So she becomes famous, ditches all of her friends and her husband for her career, and lives an anti-social life where she eventually ends up all alone in her old apartment with more dogs?

I could have lived with the mother dying. I could have lived with this. I could have been happy. I could have made it work.

But you decided to take it one step further.

You decided to ruin Ted Mosby. You decided to turn Ted Mosby from a hopeless romantic telling an amazingly beautiful story of how he met the mother of his children into some elaborate ploy to ask his kids' permission to pursue Robin again. Robin. THE SAME WOMAN WHO MARRIED HIS BEST FRIEND AND WHO TOLD TED SHE DID NOT LOVE HIM AND THAT THEY WOULD NEVER WORK OUT EVER BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. By the way, way to break the bro code, Ted. You shattered Ted's character by convincing us he finally moved on from Robin. But no. Still pining after the same woman after 20+ years. Makes me physically ill.

But the worst thing....

You ruined The Mother and her story. You turned her death into a minor part, another hurdle Ted had to jump to finally reach Robin. We did not see ANY mourning from Ted for the death of his wife. We did not see their final moments together. We did not see the funeral. We did not hear any sadness from her kids. All we heard was "Oh by the way, the mother got sick and died, let's talk about Robin instead". Makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

You ruined the magic. And for that, I will forever be disappointed.

In my mind, the series ended with Barney and Robin's wedding. A snippet of Ted seeing the mother playing bass on stage. Finally meeting her at the train station. Flash forwards of their lives together. Ted proposes. They have an amazing life and two children together. She slowly gets sick and eventually passes away. And in order to honor her memory, he sits his kids down and tells them the long, amazing story of how he met the love of his life.

And that's the true story of how Ted met the mother, the love of his life. At least, that's the story I will be remembering.

Sincerely,

A Disappointed Viewer"

Extremely disappointing.

Author: Salman Sufian from Bangladesh
1 April 2014

*Barney & Robin getting divorced is basically a slap on each viewer's face. This makes the entire season 9 (also many parts of season 7 & season 8) seem pointless.

*What the hell just happened to Barney?! He knocked up a random woman (who didn't even appear in the episode) and ended up being the single father of a baby girl?! No love in his life?! I cannot believe that the creators gave this awesome character such a pathetic ending.

*And Ted ending up with Robin?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I actually thought that after meeting the Mother, he would finally let Robin go. But it turns out, the Mother was just a rebound to him. This got me devastated. The last 5 minutes basically destroyed the show. The title "How I Met Your Mother" doesn't make any sense now! He didn't tell his kids the story of their "Mother" because he missed her and wanted to remember the moments! The storytelling was an indirect way of letting them know how much he loved Robin. The Mother had no significant role in this story. She didn't even get her deathbed scene for crying out loud!

Overall, it was a really bad episode. And a HORRIBLE way to end a show. Very disappointed.

Just Wow! Seriously ?Just No!

Author: dawidbalaz from Senica, Slovakia
1 April 2014

So where to start. I was ready after ep 23 to give this a 10,not after the whole ending,never that is how bad it was and how bad executed it was! I liked HIMYM as it was, some seasons were unnecessary long, some too short. Like season 9 :

1) Whole season 9 tells us the story of Robin's wedding day, which is unnecessary long because it disbands shortly after(not a surprise) but too much unnecessary drama.

2)They could make the wedding on a few episodes and then the rest of the season would be what should be the wider plot of the 2 last episodes, where a lot and I mean a LOT of STUFF actually happened that moved the storyline forward. Not in 2 episodes - it was RUSHED I felt as if they flushed it in the toilet.

3)Then BARNEY is back to his older self in 2 minutes 9seasons of character development -GONE, yeah then he grows up again (9seasons only for a contrast -that is cheap)

4)TRACY- the writers made us love this character, only to kill her afterwards ? If they would give her at least a season of flashbacks to make us prepare then it would be OK, not like this. Where was the gang at the last moments of her life ?Big moments... tcc. No funeral ? No last words ? She was there only to give birth to Ted's children that is all ? If they needed to kill her (still against that) then they should make another season with her.

5) ROBIN and TED , That was the nail into the grave. I would just put up with Barney's change back and forth in 2minutes ! I would even digest, the death of TRACY(even though it was lazy work to make her die so fast, no plot whatsoever-RUSHED), but that he is telling the kids the story to only be with ROBIN again ? WHAT? JUST WHAT? Do you honestly think he would have been able to ? 9 years he was unhappy, unlucky, depressed and wanted to move to Chicago. Then he met Tracy, then she died ?Would you seriously assume that he would not moved away? That he would be sane ? He must have been at THE deepest bottom,destroyed! And that the whole HIMYM series is actually an excuse story for the kids if he can "bang" Robin again ?

Sorry, but just NO, that was too much even for me. I am deleting HIMYM from my minds as it never existed. (True story)

Disappointing

Author: SlixSC from Austria
31 March 2014

9 seasons of character development, showing Ted's journey of getting over Robin to meet his true love (the mother) are undermined by this episode.

As much as I hate to say this I really just expected more, I expected the final episode of this show to ask (and perhaps even answer) some deep philosophical questions about the meaning of love and life and this would have certainly been possible with all the interesting and unique characters in that show.

But in the end it's just 9 seasons of showing why Ted and Robin could never possibly work just to then have them come back together in the end.

(Note: Earlier, in season nine, Robin even said that she doesn't love Ted)

It just begs the question... what is the point?

Such a waste

Author: Sam D from France
1 April 2014

Wow, before watching the final I saw the ratings and they were unusually lower than before. So I was expecting an average episode. I wasn't even going to write about it as long as it was decent or even boring. So imagine my surprise when I saw that the final was worse than any bad things I could imagine.

I usually watch good sitcoms several times but I'm certain that I will not watch another episode of HIMYM again. Such a waste.

This entire season has been a mess and the final just made it worse. The final makes you think the writers are writing for a bad time travel Star Trek episode with the amount of jumps they did.

The ideal final season would be the Robin-Barney marriage lasting 2 episodes max (2 episodes of season 8!). And the entire season 9 of Ted and the mother and their relationship and nobody freaking dying at the end.

WTF?! In a world where slap bets and willow tree can happen, you have to be realistic NOW??!!!

Author: tanyin_2000 from Germany
1 April 2014

are you kidding me?! Do you guys think it's funny or beautiful?! or it's in any Level tolerable?!

I don't Need NINE years to know that I have followed the WRONG Show?! So what is the mother/tracy?! A Baby Maschine so that Ted get the babies?! And then continue to bang the woman he has wanted to bang for 20 years?!!!!!!!!! what the F***?!

The whole ninth season is about how great the mother is and how Ted is over Robin, and the last 5 years were about how Robin is over Ted. And continuously, Barney showed how great he can get and how he evolved, and for what?! in 20 min all of the changes are overboard, they just became how they were 9 years ago? why the storyline then???There should be at least some greatness, some melting point for the people, now some olde scambag who wants to bang the woman he wanted for 20 years, even though he was married and loses "the love of his life", how ironic that sounds. and all the changes Robin had went through, they are just not important for her anymore all what? so she became this career woman again and got dogs, just like at the beginning, but this time, it is different? why? because she want to settle now? and ted is the Person to settle???? the Show once melt my heart, and in only ONE hour, the Producer just screwed us????? i will sell all my DVDs i will never NEVER NEVER watch the Show again

Stinnnnson out...!

Author: vvek-one from India
1 April 2014

The episode got No respect to the characterization that was showcased for 9 complete seasons! Absurd at parts, ridiculous at others, no class. The essence of the entire series thrown away by one silly end line. Do not watch it if you have really liked this series a good deal till the 22nd episode. That according to me was the perfect ending! :D

If u had liked Stinson thru the 9 seasons - better "Stinnson out" on this final 2 episodes! :D

They just could not carry it on - so

a

dumb

ending!

Stinnson out!

The worst

Author: lusis95 from Albania
1 April 2014

Im not a great reviewer and i don't usually review but boy i had to talk about this one couz was one of the best show out there.Seriously barney gets split and you kill the mother just wtf you just ruined everything i loved this show and my god i wished i hadn't watched the last episode,and i personally would have loved another ending and hoped this was like and april fools joke.You ruined all the magic the sparkle that was in this show by this last episode.You gave us hope and magic with all the episodes of how ted meets the love of his life and then the womens he loves dies.I have to say this were the writers smoking weed when they wrote this?

This ending turns me off from ever watching the rest of the show

Author: el minster from Faerun
31 March 2014

Way to go and create a terrible ending to this series.

Robin comes across as being a selfish jerk who skips out on Lily. She sort of redeems herself but not really.

Any kind of maturity that Barney has gained over the years is tossed aside for most of the episode until its revealed that he has a kid with some nameless mother. I kind of have to wonder about the narrative logic in spending 9 years talking about Barney but the mother of Barney's kid is never mentioned at all (despite it apparently being a life changing moment for Barney).

The whole Ted and Robin getting back together was just sad. Barney and Robin being together had a shred of believably. Ted and Robin never came across as being a believable couple.

Overall it was a very poor ending to a series that deserved better.

Boring melodrama

Author: elbreth from Poland
1 April 2014

'Himym' was a one of most brilliant comedy series of 2000'. They were 'Friends of the new millennium. Fresh jokes (even if some was rip off from 'Friends'), really absurd humor, little too much disgusting sometimes, but still fans waited for every new episode year after year.

That is a really big achievement for a comedy series in today's show business, when everyone watch only short you-tube clips, and fame last only for couple of days. Unfortunately, last season was very disappointing. It's look like they did it because they have to. And last episode is best example of that.

Instead of light, absurd humor, we watch boring melodrama, full of bad acting and tiring dialogues. In 'Friends', scene of M&C wedding was so funny so you may watch it over and over again. Here, we saw about 20 sec. of boring one-camera shot. What is that?? This is definitely one of worst ending of comedy show i ever saw.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]