IMDb > "Sleepy Hollow" Bad Blood (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Sleepy Hollow" Bad Blood (2014)

« Prev | 13 of 62 Episodes | Next »

Best episode of the season!

Author: Crystal25 from India
23 January 2014

Wow! This episode was just mind-blowing. When I started watching this show I loved the new take on the classic ' Sleepy Hollow'. Enjoyed how the story developed and also loved the characters. But the last few episodes seemed a bit dull for me.So I didn't have much expectations from this one but I got a pleasant surprise with the shocking twists of the tale. Spoiler Alert!-- In this episode the prophecy that Ichabod will deliver Abbie to purgatory is fulfilled with some strange twits of fate but that was sort of expected. What was not expected was the twists in the character of Henry Parish- the sin eater. It is revealed that he is actually the second horsemen who has been waiting for all these years to rise...but what was even more shocking was that he is actually Ichabod and Katrina's son Jeremy who was risen by Moloch. There are more shocking things in this episode...which just made me want to see the next season even more. Great episode!

"Twits of Fate"

Author: XweAponX from United States
18 May 2014

I apologize for borrowing a typo from the other review, but it fits so well for this episode. I'm not sure if the other reviewer did not deliberately spell it that way.

Because Abby and "Ichy" had been warned about this from the start. This Episode culminates everything that comes before.

I originally sat down and watched this show because John Noble was to be the Sin Eater. Actually I only watched that one episode, intending to continue. But I got sidetracked by "Almost Human". And since that show has just been canceled, well, I was able to come back to Fringy Hollow.

So I sat down and watched the whole series on MovieBox from start to finish. I actually started with the episode after the Sin Eater episode, and watched up to the 10th episode.

That gave me the continuity of the series from where I was familiar with it, so then I went back to the "Pilate" episode to find out how it all started- And I watched up to John Noble's Sin Eater episode.

What I can say about this show, is that I started in the Middle, and the continuity is so good that I understood most of the story. Fast flashbacks and little hints dropped by the characters guide the viewer past the parts they missed.

It seems that everything that is happening to our "Two Witnesses", even the people they meet, are all intrinsically connected, mostly through blood, sometimes through time.

So the witnesses have collected a group of people, who have been helping them. But how do you know who to trust? Should Abby have trusted Brooks, even though he had been turned into a Bug-Headed Moth-Man? At times, he appeared to be genuinely concerned for Abby, but how do you believe someone who walks around with a floppy head, Pez-Dispenser-Like who tricked Ichabod into "Interrogating" the Headless Horseman?

On the other hand is the Sin Eater, who has been Helping them out all this time, even freed Ichabod from being bound to the Horseman. Why Wouldn't you keep trusting that guy?

Unless there was a reason he was around while Ichabod was tracking down his son.

But as far as this episode develops, there is no turning back. The Mistakes have been made, and now the consequences. The Witnesses, have they been gloriously and meticulously tricked? And when you see Ichabod and Katrina at the end: Can you just say they are "Twits of Fate"?

Or is this like another show John Noble was in, where "Nothing is as it Seems?"