IMDb > "Castle" Get a Clue (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Castle: Get a Clue (#6.6)"

"Castle" Get a Clue (2013)

« Prev | 111 of 173 Episodes | Next »

Great fun, classic Castle with sour end

Author: darth-birder from Argentina
29 October 2013

I loved the episode until the very last minutes, it is a funny one, with a bit of Dan Brown, some National treasure, and lots of good old Richard Castle. In a few words, dead body, symbols that lead to riddles that lead to a treasure? wow sounds great entertainment. Well, yes! it has action, fun and you see Castle fencing lol. Now, the ending, awkward moment between dad and daughter, and here I am thinking unless the writers are planning something big (like turning hideous-unbearable Pi character into a serial killer that has been deceiving everyone to get close to Castle or something like that).. well, they are ruining the beautiful relationship we have enjoyed between Castle and Alexis. It is understandable that she rebels a bit, or a lot, as she's 19, but the last scene was too much. He was too soft, ridiculously submissive. Man up Castle! She is not 30, only 19 but lectures dad? nope, I don't buy that. She is a spoiled brat (ok, his fault), but she used to be the "rational" and "mature" here. She also questions Beckett now? and Beckett could not be more indifferent regarding Castle's problems. Not supportive at all, come on they are engaged! Again, I had great fun watching this episode and the end left me with a sour taste, almost ruining the whole experience

Castle, please met National Treasure and Indiana Jones!

Author: Oddvar Elgvin from Arendal, Norway
29 October 2013

This was yet another good episode. But still one of the adventurous ones. Not sure how much I like that.

Alexis has ignored her father's advice, and moved in with Pi in a shared apartment. Daughter and father does not come a long too good. I guess this will be resolved soon and they will be friends, but what about this week's case?

Caskett and Espo/Ryan are hunting down the killer of a woman who seems to be crucified. But with an early National Treasure-reference, we can kind of see where this is going.

(This has nothing with the plot of the episode to do, but if you have seen National Treasure 2 where they find the hole in the mountain and Cage takes his hand in and screams to trick the others, that exact same thing happens in this episode of Castle)

Well, I liked this. No full score from me since it is way too unrealistic with hidden stone-wall passages and etc. But overall a good plot/episode.