"The Vampire Diaries" 500 Years of Solitude (2014)

« Prev | 100 of 145 Episodes | Next »

Author: Shetan from South Africa
7 July 2015

I really enjoyed this episode. The seeming end of Katerina Petrova is worthy of the 100th episode. Bringing back so many past characters if even for a few seconds was awesome.

The only one I am unhappy about is Elijah. I believe he would have gone to see her if he knew she was dying. The ending they had in "American Gothic" was not enough. To have his scene a hallucination was not good.

I am a big Klaroline fan so having that scene with Klaus and Caroline was epic! And Caroline saying she got lost in the woods while pulling leaves out her hair was hilarious.

I loved the connections with the title "Let Her Go". So many levels. Letting go of Katherine after so long. Having the song "Let Her Go" in it by Passenger. Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. And then maybe a bit tenuous the hook up between Klaus and Caroline. Since there was a Klaroline fan video ages ago to the same song.

In an episode of love and loss, and the bond between mother and daughter, we become prepared to say goodbye.

Author: Taylor Manton from Australia
19 November 2014

Katherine is dying, but Nadia come up with the plan to put Katherine's mind into her own body. She gains the help of the others, by threatening Matt's life, and makes a deal with the Travellers. In an episode of twists and turns, we become accepting the death of Katerina Petrova; however, that is not what Julie Plec and the writers had planned for Katherine Pierce. Returning cast members for the 100th episode include: All current Main Characters Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson (Illusion) Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson Kayla Ewell as Vicky Donovan Sara Canning as Jenna Sommers (Illusion) David Anders as John Gilbert (Illusion) Bianca Lawson as Emily Bennett

As 100th eps go this wasn't so great

Author: CaraMSchec from United States
27 January 2014

So, this is one of those 100th eps that they obviously wanted to get as many characters into it as possible, whether or not it made sense for them to be there. The episode is about (largely) Katherine dyeing. And honestly I was hoping she would, she's been an antagonist in this series long enough and honestly I'm tiered of her. So everyone else is taking time "reminiscing" on what she's done to them. And that's a nice way to do a bit of a 100 ep review without it being too obvious. It's when Klaus and Rebekah show up that I'm siting here going "But wait, they are in New Orleans dealing with big stuff, so why are they suddenly here?" (Thank you "The Originals".) And then dead people start making appearances. Dead people we haven't seen for a very long time. Some of these are thanks to Bonnie's fun new powers, and some thanks to Damon and his mind games. And really, by this point I was just starting to check off people who have appeared in the show to see how many they could squeeze in. It felt very forced. And the entire episode's actual plot could have taken place in about 1/2 the time. And in the end, it wasn't even worth it because Katherine isn't dead so I still have to deal with her.