IMDb > "South Park" Black Friday (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"South Park" Black Friday (2013)

« Prev | 245 of 260 Episodes | Next »

Author: SensibleEscapades from Australia
14 November 2013

This episode was by far the funniest in season 17 so far and i'm sure the follow up to this will be that much better. The episode consists of juicy topics in today's society that is; shopping rage (black Sunday), Game of Thrones and the new gaming consoles which the writing staff make an episode out of perfectly. There are hilarious moments in this episode - something i'd missed in previous ones finding myself not laughing at all - especially from Randy as he takes up the role of a security guard but really being a sneaky little bee (buzz buzz) preparing for Black Sunday. The boys act out and abide by Game of Thrones as they argue which console is the better (PS4 or XBOX ONE) resulting in a 'war' between Cartman and Stan. Kenny has great moments in this as well as Lady McCormick and truly shows that Trey and Matt haven't lost their sick sense of humor. But who really cares about all that..

..the MAIN THING is that this episode was awesome and hilarious, and really is great hope for future episodes not being so mediocre

South Park, Game of Thrones and Console Wars can it get any better?

Author: ChristofferTJ from United States
15 November 2013

This episode is indeed my favorite ever even though it's part of a double episode, or maybe even triple I don't know. This also episode has my favorite show (not including South Park) here as the main plot, the show is Game of Thrones. If you haven't seen it then do it now. It also has Console Wars (PS4 vs Xbox One) I'm myself a PlayStation guy, so I'm really counting on Stans Army, mostly because it also has Daenerys (from Game of Thrones) portrayed by Kenny, and instead of dragons he has rats which is awesome. South Park has always been one of my favorite TV shows, and i can easily put it on my top 5, the only shows above it are Game of Thrones, Breaking bad and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. But South Park really surprised me this time. I was laughing the whole time and when at the start someone said "Winter is Coming" I thought in myself "YES YES YES"

The Best Episode in Years

Author: Horsebite George
15 November 2013

I thought this was the best episode since "Medicinal Fried Chicken" back in 2010, now three years ago! I loved how the characters wore The Stick of Truth outfits, and also outfits from The Lord of the Rings episode. This episode made me laugh out loud multiple times. "Brack Friday Bunduru" was hilarious, making fun of Japanese pronunciation. Randy was great as usual, and so was Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and PRINCESS KENNY! There were lots of Game of Thrones references, such as "Winter is Coming" and the passing of the torch when the man passed on his fake eye to Randy. Hopefully, this will be a 2 of 3 part episode, because we still don't know what will happen on the actual Black Friday.

10/10 - Plenty of laughs, and clever writing. I look forward to the next episode!