IMDb > "Sonic Boom" (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sonic Boom"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Sonic Boom" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

sonic boom is best sonic series! Great show

Author: Jason Filip
21 August 2017

Sonic boom game is worst game of sonic But this series is a amazing Great animation Great story Great joke Sonic boom is even better than sonic the hedgehog!! Sonic boom is a Great show Why some people don't like that? Because they think that is a such game of sonic boom But not! Sonic boom series is not such sonic boom game! Sonic boom series is very very better then sonic boom game! It is a great show! Best sonic series TV show

A Great Show, don't listen to horrible reviews

Author: gsoto405
10 April 2016

Seriously a nice change that others can't simply hand this show makes you laugh and have a good time. A real breath of fresh air.

I have to mention the fantastic work done by the voice cast. The actors are recycled from the current line of Sonic games, and I have no problems with that whatsoever. I think they may even be better here in Sonic Boom. The performers play off of each other really well in each scene.

Very obvious that they recorded their lines in the same booth, because their timing is perfect. The voices themselves are very natural and flowing, done in such a way that seems very fitting for each character.

In my opinion, Sonic Boom is worth a watch. Some of the jokes fall flat sometimes, but when a joke actually hits, it tends to hit hard.

I don't understand why some dislike the this show however it might just be spite because its not the same Sonic they grew up with.

Got much Better

Author: supersmasher-62063
10 September 2017

Eventually the shows writing started to pick up and the writers learned more about the game series, it is a lot more funny for fans now. also the show is more funny all together, because the writers stop using cliché story lines. I would definitely watch late season 1 and Season 2 + as a newcomer of the franchise.

It's a funny and excellent cartoon!

Author: oscarstefannofornari
26 December 2014

I've never laughed too much in my life watching a TV Cartoon in my entire life! The design is great,the quality for the cartoon is really awesome,it has a great writing and etc!I would recommend Sonic Boom to everyone,because this is a great cartoon that everyone can enjoy! The characters' personalities are different now,but this doesn't mean that it's a bad Show.It's a spin-off,everything that happens will NOT affect the original Universe.The only bad thing about Sonic Boom is the game,that has too many glitches,makes no sense and has PS2 graphics.But,don't be sad,The TV Show will make you happy! Well,I have nothing more to say about Sonic Boom,because that's the only thing I can write WITHOUT spoilers.I don't want to write a review WITH spoilers.

Wonderful Show that no one should miss.

Author: lspiritoftheblue
18 November 2014

Sonic Boom stands out on cartoon network's arrays of shows.

Like a sitcom mixed with action and adventure, This shows animation is nice to look with likable characters that show plenty of personality and has something enjoyable for all ages.

You will be doing yourself a great disservice by not watching this show though if your someone like me you might want to setup that DVR, Its a morning cartoon starts every Saturday 7:00 AM.

If you want a greedy serious story this show is probably not for you however if you want to have fun with your old pals then Sonic the hedgehog will not disappoint.

A breath of fresh Air

Author: b3124766 from Germany
18 November 2014

After all the disasters in the Sonic Universe, this Series is a real breath of fresh Air.

Besides the Characters we were used to ( Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles , Eggman) we are now being introduced to a new Char. ; Styx ; All in all the Characters are funny and have a fair share of puns without being over the top :)

The Storys (although being intended for a younger audience) are still very enjoyable for me (18 Years Old). The sense of humor is spot on (atleast for me) . I caught myself laughing more then I expected. With the last Sonic TV Series I saw being Sonic X , I am really looking forward to how Sonic Boom will develop.

But after the first four Episodes I am really excited for more.

10 / 10 ! Good Work

It's Great!

Author: icygirlaj
30 May 2016

Overall, I do think this is a great show. Sure it has a few duds, but what show doesn't? It has action, adventure, comedy, and much more. And honestly, it's executed VERY well. Some episodes like Unlucky Knuckles are more comedic or "slapsticky", others are more dramatic like It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog are more dramatic, or some are both like The Sidekick.

The animation is great. As the 1st 3-D animated sonic cartoon, it's a great start. Is it the BEST 3-D animation? No. But it's pretty good for TV standards. Another thing that's great is the voice acting. Each and every voice actor is great and clearly has had a LOT of fun with their lines. Anyway; great show. Recommended!

Lighthearted comedy that everyone can enjoy

Author: Alli S from United States
15 November 2014

I will say that I was skeptical about this show. I thought it was going to be just solely advertising for the games, but this is not the case. This show is a pleasant little surprise of comedy and friendship. Very lighthearted.

The show is loosely based on the games, but there isn't really a set plot. Its almost sitcom like, with each of the episodes not being in any sequential order. While the show is mainly aimed at children, as promised by one of the writers, there are elements that adult Sonic fans will enjoy also. (I won't release any spoilers) There is something for everyone in this show.

Surprisingly Sonic Boom starts off with a Boom! But will it last?

Author: Samladdy . from Hull, England
8 November 2014

I was VERY sceptical over Sonic Boom, as a long time fan of the Sonic franchise (Who always reviews new or different products of the franchise in a non-bias opinion) my excitement for Sonic Boom once first revealed became increasingly worried over the last couple of months given the idea of what quality can this show bring to the franchise.

I am glad to say but not only are my doubts are no longer present and I generally enjoyed the first two episodes of Sonic Boom!

The first episode "The Sidekick" is a pretty basic introduction to the series and serves its purpose well as it introduces the formula and comedic tone quite well. The episode centres around Sonic looking for a new sidekick after Tails suffers an injury from a recent confrontation with Dr Eggman. Being that is is only around 11 minutes long the Episode does not go into great lengths of expressing character emotions and a structure but does well what with what it can offer in 11 minutes.

There are moments shown of which characters do express general emotions and connections whilst going at the pace necessary for each episodes length. The comedy here starts off very basic as expected for those who have known of Sonics recent material over the last few years, Sonic is sarcastic and cocky, Eggman is a Evil Scientist with many flaws it's very basic stuff the episode highlights characters like Tails, Amy an Knuckles and there comedic moments which generally made me smile and crack out a laugh. Sonic and Eggman's material got better as the show went on also and as expected the episode ended on a very delightful high note which would pull on even the most oldest of Sonic fan's heart strings, this was my favourite episode out of the two!

The second episode "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Weeks?" (A bit of a mouth full) revolves around Eggman staying with Sonic and Tails for awhile and annoying them for awhile. This episode I must admit started off very slow but as it hit it's half way mark it picked up and certainly won me over, the obvious elephant in the room is addressed in such a ridiculous fashion but has a very delightful pay off and the episode continues to highlight Amy and the newly introduced Stick's into the fray, Sticks having some of the most memorable one liners in the episode.

The show is obviously a collection of shorts in similar style to other shows like Adventure Time of Fairly Odd parents, but unlike those shows (which I am not saying they are bad!) sticks to the laws and physics of it's own world and does not try to insult the viewer by just saying "This happened because we said so!". Sonics world has always been interesting to me and to see the gang interact within there own with more characters being introduced in the future could possibly help the show stand out more on it's own but against rivals like Adventure Time could possibly be in danger.

The comedy was very good and I generally did not expect, it is by no means laugh out loud funny but more the "every man's comedy", at the moment there's no signs of the comedy being mainly directed towards it's young audience but also making long term fans and even non fans just have a nice chuckle and a good time.

The animation at the moment is excellent in terms of visuals and character designs, they all look like something out of a SEGA famous Sonic cut scene from the video games but I feel at times the movements are a bit stiff and wonky, one particular scene I imagine a lot of people will notice is that when something fast is happening and instead of showing us the background of where the characters are it will show this black and blue canvas of the characters speed being manipulated to look fast and this took me away from the experience.

Sound design is perfect! I love the voice cast and feel like everyone has done a excellent job. Mike Pollock is pretty much the definitive Dr Eggman at this point and earns that title, he is able to convey so much with the character it's almost unbelievable seeing the character in this light and it pays off. Cindy Robinson who has voiced Amy in the past has finally upped her game, no longer she sounds like Minnie Mouse she sounds more grown up, mature, sassy and generally funny! She won me over instantly with her first scene which is something I have wanted to see out of Amy Rose for a long time!

Overall the show's first two episodes have really impressed me, I enjoyed the humour, colour an new take on the Sonic franchise which I am sure will please a lot of older Sonic fans. There is much more to see from the series don't get me wrong but I did enjoy what was offered here and I feel like if it continues like this it will be a hit!

Closing thought I would highly recommend watching this as a Sonic fan an hope like me you find something entertaining here and hope these first impressions continue to shine through with the future off Sonic Boom! If your new to the franchise I would say give it a try and see for yourself if you, your family or kids will enjoy these new anthropomorphic pals hit your TV screen every weekend! Lets just hope it gets a better time slot by then.

A Clever and Charming Show

Author: WC3 WC3
20 June 2017

The first season of Sonic Boom was great. It had some funny jokes here and there but also lacks some music and plot. Season 2, on the other hand, is splendid. It has improved a lot. Greater music has been added, the show became self-aware at times (Which is very funny), it has better action, plot, etc. The show has been getting better, especially with the four-part episode full of action and good story-telling (and cliff-hangers). The show does poke fun at the fandom at times and can make the audience laugh. This show doesn't deserve more hate than it already has. Sometimes, it's better to give things a second chance. I recommend this show to anyone who wants a laugh and to anyone who wants to see our beloved blue hedgehog goof around in fun adventures. Besides, Sonic Boom is the more comedic side of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]