IMDb > The Last Halloween (2014/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Last Halloween More at IMDbPro »

spooooooky ah-hahahahaaaa

Author: MrWonderfulz from Canada
20 July 2015

A well- crafted 10 minute film, pretty much all the great horror elements are in play, like fog drenched atmosphere, crazy characters and a spine tingling score. I guess it's an homage to the 80's horror style in other words it's not found footage. And it's fun - a real throwback. The psycho in the first scenes deserves his own place in the horror dungeon of fame. Unlike this little gem I will have to pad out my story. Gotta say the last shot was fairly epic. I guess I should mention the makeup. Big crew. There's no blood or gore or torture or gorgeous nubile young bodies screaming at each other either. So what else is on . . .

Fantastic

Author: dungeonbrownies from United States
14 August 2015

It's essentially a retelling of Halloween origin stories (minus the deep pagan bits) in such a way that hits a lot closer to home than you'd expect.Even after most of the world has ended, the spirit of Halloween lives on as long as there are people around. If anything, it's as if removing large chunks of the population intensified the narrative in a lot of ways because it makes it all the more unsettling... like sawing away all the rotten wood on an old fence so it's nothing but twisted planks and nails. Really good idea pretty much to get the most out of not too much money and make sure the story takes center stage, Story is clever, effects are good, execution is top notch with a few cameos from recognizable faces, and pay off is definitely worth it if not predictable.