IMDb > Justin Bieber's Believe (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Nothing different,same old

Author: dyed_red from London
20 December 2013

terrible music, same incredibly unlikeable singer, same poor film-making. This movie is just another way to get him more money and to keep people talking about him.

Obviously if you don't like him, like most people, you won't like this movie. My "EX"-girlfriend was begging me to see this with her and so I gave in thinking it can't be too bad. Maybe it'll be an interesting look into his life or even 'so bad it's funny'. But no, this has to be the most boring, stupid, unbearable film I've seen. The single positive thing about me seeing it is that I can legitimately review the movie.

Seriously, that's it.

If you love him, you'll love this. If your indifferent to him, or worse........ Don't give him more money. I highly regret paying to see this. DO NOT SEE THIS IN THE THEATER UNLESS YOU'RE A FAN. Maybe if non-fans stop talking about him he'll go away sooner than later. He has an inflated ego and is desperate to stay in the public eye, that's obvious by this.

Too many annoying fans in the theater. Sadly, there are enough that this'll make a profit like the first and he will not go away for a long time.

I'm surprised that so many other musicians(who all have more talent than him) showed up in the movie. Is Justin Bieber actually this popular among grown men?

I either don't care for or absolutely hate his songs. So one reason it was unbearable was the fact that his songs were playing in the background nearly the entire time. That may make me a little biased. Perhaps if you find his music fine(but detest him / his fame) than you might not completely hate the movie.

But I'd wait for it to come out on DVD and check it out for the library. The movie is just footage from his concerts, crazy fans, people talking about how great he is, and such. From what I've heard of the first movie, the main difference is new music and more mature incidents he'd gotten himself into.

Incredibly unlikeable star IMO, mostly caused by him being incredibly famous and having crazy fans for an OK singer at best. I don't know what it is about him that got him so famous. There are thousands better musicians/artists who barely get by while he makes millions for impressionable tweens who will pay even in the hundreds of $$ just to see their "god" in person.

Kids, wake up!

Author: ballsareshaking chung from Malaysia
24 December 2013

It still amazes me how successful this broad has become. Let's face it, his talent is very limited. His voice is very common and all his songs suck. He has no charisma and he knows it. So what does he do? He tries to cover up by putting up a pretty boy front which has fooled the prepubescent community. His popularity is gradually diminishing as his prepubescent fans grow up and realize how silly they were. I wonder, when Bieber's time under the spotlight is up, would his name echo in eternity and make the history books? Will people be talking about him in the same breath as Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley? Absolutely not. He did not revolutionize singing or dancing in any way. Bieber is a waste of time, we should brush him aside and pave the way for more talented artists so we can be spoiled by the MJs and Elvises again. Kids, please don't waste your parents money on his concert tickets, albums or any Bieber merchandise. Don't you think it's ridiculous that talentless broads like Bieber can enjoy the same fame and success as those legends that I mentioned earlier? Please stop being the catalyst behind the death of good music.

This Makes Me Laugh

Author: mrxelement from United States
25 December 2013

Another Justin Beiber documentary where this "super" kid pop star still manages to make 9 year old's girls scream to death. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. His voice tends to be death to my ears and everyone else's. His music will always be terrible even "if" he tries to put more effort into his music. He will never go down to be a great,incredible, and talented musician. He is a waste of space in the music industry to make it stupidly worse as it already is. Why make a documentary on a wasted teenager that has no talent that's unnecessary garbage that needs to be thrown out and forever will be gone for good. I hope Justin Beiber realizes that his dumb pretty boy look will never last and that his music career will be dead within seconds.

This Time I've Actually Watched It And It Sucked.

Author: mrlegofan404 from England
25 December 2013

I'm beginning to wonder how the makers of this document were during the makings:

"Hey! I got a idea. Let's make another documentary about Justin Bieber for more money!"

"Oh that is such a delightful idea, Mr. Jon M. Chu! Very delightful!"

"But wait! Let's put it in theaters too! We could waste anyone's time in no time!"

That's all. This movie is a waste of time and it didn't need to be made. Justin Bieber still can't sing at all, still talentless, and he is given too much credit for this movie to be made. Never Say Never was enough, but nope. They just went off the ledge with Justin Bieber's Believe. The whole production is very amateurish with the same spunky music that if I heard more than once, I'll screw my ears off with a screw driver. Seriously, it's that bad. Not even I would recommend this to bad movie fans. My favorite part watching this was when I did a drinking game where Justin Bieber sang with his pretty boy voice and it was a poor waste of my coco cola.

A Nomination? For What? The WORST Documentary Alive?

Author: LegionOfRock from United States
29 January 2014

I'm sorry but I hate Justin Bieber and everything he stands for. I don't see why many people many so many TV movies or documentaries of him and his life. He is way too young and too talentless that he doesn't deserve that much fortune, but Jon M. Chu, a big fan of Bieber, wanted to make his fame grow bigger. Like we want to see this douche again. He is talentless and his songs still don't improve. The editing in this documentary is very amateurish and seeing a hour with this kid is like pain to the balls. I can't write a long review for this movie because I actually had the balls to walk out of the theater cause the film really was that bad. 1/5

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just watch the trailer.

Author: d-fitz415
1 January 2014

The film sucked. Before I get into details I just want to say that I am a fan of Bieber. I always have been and always will be. But that doesn't mean I can't spot a horrible movie when I see one. I guess I wanted to see the movie in theaters because I wanted to see parts of the believe concert and learn more about Bieber's personal life (i.e. relationship with Selena) Basically the movie failed all of my expectations.

I do like Bieber's music so I was looking forward to hearing it in the film but even that disappointed me. The way they played it, you couldn't really hear him singing at all. I don't know why I thought I would hear him singing since he doesn't even sing live anyway...

I also wanted to hear him talk about Selena and all that drama but he didn't even make a slight reference to her at all which was weird and also disappointing. (Now that I think about it Selena probably told him not to.) Also, Bieber himself tweeted many times that the film would address all the rumors. No rumors were addressed or set straight or anything at all.

Now for the plot. This movie literally had no plot. Im not really even sure what the film was supposed to be about. If it was supposed to be about the believe tour it wasn't. The entire movie was idiots talking about how they are making the movie (which is pretty stupid) None of it was even about Justin Bieber. It's only under his name because of the music they used i guess. The whole movie was about other people involved. For example they spent a good chunk of the movie talking about them asking John M. Chu to direct the very movie we are watching them talk about. The rest of it was just other artists (idk if they are even famous or not) talking about Bieber and about the dancers and fans getting tickets to his concert. They didn't show anything about like life on tour or even behind the scenes of the concert.

Even the very little parts where Bieber was talking were very disappointing. First of all everything he says in the short interview clips is stated in the trailer for the movie. It repeats that same famous line a good 3 times. Second, those interviews blatantly prove how unintelligent Bieber actually is.

If you are thinking about going to see this movie don't. Watch the trailer online for free because it is essentially the same thing. You learn nothing about Justin Bieber from this movie. When it is over it leaves you wondering when the real movie about the believe tour/concert is going to start.

The only good part for the fans (yes there is one) is that it shows how some of the songs were made and the ideas behind them.

That is all. Very disappointing.

I can't respect this man anymore .. Don't waste your time

Author: hbk747 from United States
12 January 2014

Honestly I can't respect this man anymore. the movie was totally bad ! And I'm not saying that because I hate justin bieber. I saw his first movie " Never say Never " and it was pretty good even though I don't like bieber very much. But this movie was totally awful. I think it may be the girls like it. It's same old sh*t . he did not any thing new or special. I regret every second that I actually wasted my time. Justin bieber prove my point that he doesn't have any talent as an actor or singer. he would do anything to attract the girls !. Suddenly he is a successful man because of the stupid girls who love his face , tattoo's , body BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

That's why I can't respect this man anymore.

Did the Beatles actually make music worse?

Author: XweAponX from United States
27 December 2013

What, was Bieber 3 years old when he started gracing our eardrums and causing 13 year old girls to act irrationally?

I used to feel the same way about NSync and Justin Timberlake, (in other words, that he was a waste of skin. But I do not think that anymore about Timberlake) but Bieber's failure is Timberlake's success, as Timberlake has gone on to be an adequate, more than adequate actor in a couple of decent movies.

If this had not just been more hubris for Bieber. if this had just been like a regular movie and maybe even like one of those movies with Rob Lowe in the mid-80s were he's a budding rock-star, I mean Bieber could've played himself but just doing some kind of fictional story... If this film had been like that, maybe I could've given it a five or maybe even a ten star rating. But because it is just self-indulgent hubris, it's just not worth it.

No, instead we get THIS Tripe. I mean at this point other than nine-year-old nubile and non-defrocked girls, WHO CARES?

Now in support of the nine-year-old girl who screams and makes her parents buy her all of his CD's, movies, whatever he has... wallpapers for her iPhone, posters, dolls, blowup dolls, and sexually accurate action figures... All that means is that he can license his own skin and make a whole Lotta money until he can't make a whole Lotta money anymore.

And I do not begrudge him this: everybody in the United States and even the world has the right to pursue getting filthy rich.

There will come a point where the girls of age 9 to 13 will no longer be 9 to 13. They will have grown up and then maybe start putting Justin Timberlake's image on their cell phone wallpapers. Right?

And then when it comes to that point, I sure as hell hope that Bieber or however legally represents him or is his guardian, has not squandered away all of the money that was made licensing product's with his portions of anatomy on them. And selling audio recordings with his screechy voice broadcasting in all kinds of decibels.

Now in regard to the Beatles as I mentioned up above, they also had the ability to elicit the same kind of reaction with girls between 3 and 14 years old. But the difference was that the Beatles actually created quality music, they looked good, they sounded good, they had fun... well, when they were not arguing with each other and Yoko Ono wasn't dropping baby funk all through the recording studio... And... And Paul McCartney was not slipping on it. And John and Paul were not at each others throats, but other than that there was a world impact. It wasn't just what they looked like, it was the diverse combination of personalities and ideas that made them so popular. And other then Elvis Presley, nobody else had ever had that kind of impact not just in the music industry and the money that they made, but on the world in general. The Vietnam War, the hippie movement, The huge increase in popularity of marijuana and LSD, Timothy Leary, it all tied in and I remember when I was six years old the Beatles affected every person on this planet, and every person on this planet except for maybe aborigines in remote areas, knew the Beatles, who they were, what they were.

On the other hand the whole world does know about Bieber. With this added difference: nobody of importance really gives a damn about him other than the Aforementioned 9 to 13-year-old girls, and that is a temporary situation.

But I do not give up hope on Bieber, after all he may in fact do a Justin Timberlake on us, and do something worthwhile.... One of these days.

See, the tale is not told by how many people vote my review down, (And by the looks of it, the "Beebers" have been busy voting my review down) it is told by the current rating of 1.5 on the IMDb page. And - I LIKED Jon M Chu's GI Joe. As much as they vote me down, they have to suck up that 1.5 rating.

Why you do this Buber why ?

Author: Kousseila Mehdi
29 April 2014

There isn't 0 in voting or i'd already did that , it's a pity all that budget gone away :/ awful really, and i'm wondering why its ranking is in top 200 this week while rated 1.6 , only brain washed people could watch this especially girls it's a total waste of time damn , lost of money , waste of everything . i'm wondering how his fans can love him , long live metal heads , damn this new modern music , they could of gave the budget to homeless and stuff . it's my first review And they say we have economical problems , this is all their fault , i'v seen a documentary about bieber once , they say he was a good guy and stuff , then when he became a star he changed all the way , even his grandfather said he didn't even give him a dollar or even said hi in Christmas .

Believe didn't feel like a movie!

Author: sally7500 from Canada
31 December 2013

I am a teen girl that does like pop music so I match the movie's target audience. However I don't like Justin Bieber. (I do like people like One Direction though) Mostly only people who like Justin Bieber will like this film. So if you don't like him or care about him don't watch it. I watched it since my friends wanted to see it, I actually like pop music, and I watched it on a day with discounted prices.

First off I felt like Believe didn't feel like a movie. Other people I know said it didn't feel like a movie to them either. It showed some interview scenes (a boring long interview in my opinion), concert scenes, and a bunch of behind the scenes stuff. I know the first movie had a story, it was all about his life. Believe could have shown more personal stuff about his life instead of the behind the scenes of his career. That would have made the "movie" more entertaining and real. Plus it would have made the movie feel more like an actual movie.

Secondly too much of the movie was about Justin's crew and dancers. If your not a fan of Justin you won't care about his crew or dancers. You won't who those people are. You're watching Believe for Justin Bieber not the crew and dancers. I think there should have been more scenes of Justin than his crew. Half of the movie was about Justin Bieber and the other half about random people. The Believe movie basically tells how Justin's album Believe and his tour were made. Majority of the movie was about those two events. Justin Bieber said the movie would address rumours about him, but it hardly does. The movie tried so hard to be funny, but it failed so miserably. Believe was more of a pathetic cheesy comedy than a documentary. His fans Beliebers cried at all the sad scenes. But for me I didn't feel anything about those sad scenes.

Believe is an independently released film. I believe Justin chose to not go with a huge movie company so he could make more profit. But there might have been a small chance movie companies didn't want to produce Believe, but I don't think so. If the movie was released from a huge movie company it would have been released in more theatres, there would have been more promotion, and more of his fans could see it. The movie would have made much more money. At this moment Believe is a flop and is the worst documentary about a pop act in terms of profit. Also Believe was not released in 3D as many fans have hoped. It could have done better if it was released in 3D. They could have earned more money and his fans would get to see it in 3D. Nowadays people like to see films in 3D over 2D. Sadly Justin and his team couldn't afford to make the movie 3D. However if they went with a huge movie company making the movie 3D wouldn't have been an issue. Also "Believe 3D" was a title fans thought it would be called and that would have been a better title than "Believe." Side note Justin Bieber has his own "movie company" called "Bieber Time Films" What a joke.

Like I said before unless you like Justin Bieber don't go watch Believe. Or if you want to watch it wait for it to be uploaded online. Don't give Justin Bieber your money. Believe had the potential to be something great, but it failed. Believe could have been much better. Believe didn't change my view about Justin at all. I still think he's a sorta bad person.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]