IMDb > The Jungle Book (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 47:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Wow this is so excellent!.

Author: mehmet-46991 from Turkey
29 April 2016

Raised by a family of wolves since birth, Mowgli (Neel Sethi) must leave the only home he's ever known when the fearsome tiger Shere Khan (Idris Elba) unleashes his mighty roar. Guided by a no-nonsense panther (Ben Kingsley) and a free-spirited bear (Bill Murray), the young boy meets an array of jungle animals, including a slithery python and a smooth-talking ape. Along the way, Mowgli learns valuable life lessons as his epic journey of self-discovery leads to fun and adventure.

Disney Picture is the best company in making top and number 1 family movies.

Everything is excellent about this movie.

I guarantee you this top movie will win too many Oscars.

Perfectly The Best Movie Of 2016.

Author: anopenmindedlady from Turkey
15 April 2016

Mowgli (Neel Sethi) is a man-cub raised by the Indian wolf Raksha (Lupita Nyong'o) and her pack led by Akela (Giancarlo Esposito) ever since he was brought to them as a baby by the black panther Bagheera (Ben Kingsley). Bagheera trains Mowgli to learn the ways of the wolves but Mowgli faces certain challenges and lags behind his wolf siblings, and Bagheera berates him for using human tricks like tool building, instead of learning the ways of the pack. One day, during the dry season, all the animals in the jungle gather at the Peace Rock to drink the water that remains as part of the Water Truce, a timeout called during a drought that enables all animals to gather at a water hole without fear of being eaten by larger, more predatory animals. The peaceful gathering is disrupted when the fearsome Bengal tiger Shere Khan (Idris Elba) makes his presence felt. He detects Mowgli's scent amongst the crowd and threatens his life since man is not welcome in the jungle. He holds the scars on his face as proof of man's cruel and destructive nature and issues a warning that when the Water Truce ends and the Peace Rock disappears, he will come for the boy. Thus, a debate and argument arises amongst the members of the wolf pack as to whether or not they should keep Mowgli. But before a general consensus is reached, Mowgli voluntarily decides to leave the jungle for the sake and safety of his pack. Bagheera volunteers to guide him to the human civilization. However, en-route, Shere Khan ambushes them, injuring Bagheera while Mowgli manages to escape with the help of a herd of water buffaloes. Mowgli, now alone, stumbles upon a thick canopy where he meets Kaa (Scarlett Johansson), an enormous Indian python who lures him in with promises of safety and an assurance that she knows who and what Mowgli truly is. Kaa's hypnosis shows Mowgli a vision of his father being killed by Shere Khan and of himself as an abandoned infant being found by Bagheera and also warns of the destructive power of man's "red flower". Having successfully wrapped Mowgli in her coils, Kaa attempts to devour Mowgli, but he is rescued by a sloth bear named Baloo (Bill Murray). In exchange for saving Mowgli's life, Baloo tells Mowgli to fetch him honey which is atop a cliff, to which Mowgli unwillingly agrees. Together, they form a close bond and Mowgli decides to stay with Baloo until the winter season arrives. Back in the jungle, Shere Khan visits the wolf pack looking for the "man- cub." When Akela states that Mowgli has left the pack, Shere Khan kills Akela by throwing him off the cliff. He demands that the boy be handed over to him. Confident that Mowgli will return again, Shere Khan takes over the pack. When Bagheera returns to fetch Mowgli, he discovers that Mowgli has decided to live with Baloo. Although tension is raised between the three, they all agree to sleep on it until the following morning. At night, Mowgli hears a cry for help and discovers that a baby Indian elephant is trapped in a deep pit. Using his tricks, he fashions a rope to rescue the baby elephant. This forms a bond between Mowgli and the Indian elephants. Following Bagheera's instructions, Baloo unwillingly confronts Mowgli and lies to him that he never considered him a friend, hoping that Mowgli can change his mind about staying with him. But Mowgli is suddenly abducted by a group of monkeys who take him to an ancient ruined temple and present him to King Louie (Christopher Walken), a Bornean orangutan-resembling Gigantopithecus who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly "red flower". Baloo and Bagheera arrive just in time to distract the monkeys and manage to hold them off while Mowgli flees into hiding. King Louie chases Mowgli through the temple, causing it to crumble on top of him. Before Mowgli leaves, King Louie informs him of Akela's demise. Furious of the fact that Baloo and Bagheera kept him in the dark about Akela's death, Mowgli decides to return to the jungle and confront Shere Khan to avenge the death of his leader and end his tyranny. But first, Mowgli ventures into the village where the humans live and for the first time, he sees his own kind from afar and gazes at them in amazement. He steals one of the burning torches and heads back to the jungle but accidentally starts a fire. Baloo and Bagheera follow him in close pursuit. When the news breaks out that a man with the "red flower" is making his way into the jungle, all the animals gather at the Peace Rock. Mowgli confronts Shere Khan, but sees how all the animals of the jungle cower in fear at the sight of the fire he holds. He throws away his torch into the water, allowing Shere Khan to attack him. Bagheera, Baloo and the wolf pack manage to hold him off, thus buying Mowgli enough time to set a trap in the burning jungle. He lures Shere Khan into a dying tree with a fig branch and is able to coax him into stepping on it, causing it to break. Shere Khan falls to his death into the pit of fire below. The Indian elephants later help to extinguish the fire by diverting the river. Raksha then becomes the new Alpha and leads the wolf pack. Mowgli decides to do things his own way, having at last found a true home in the jungle with the animals, including his friends Baloo and Bagheera.

All Disney Movies Are Enchanting .

Author: LesbianToLesbians from United States
26 April 2016

A great remake that will definitely enchant kids and adults. The CGI characters are excellent and there is an entertaining atmosphere of humor, adventure and suspense.

Mogwli is a Lost boy in the Jungle,but has been grown up the animals - Bagera(Panther), Rakhsha(Wolf mother), Baloo (Bear). Soon Mogwli realizes that since he is human he needs to live with humans.Yet,he can not abandon his loyal Animals who have already taken care of him since he was a baby.

"The Jungle Book" 2016 has a different,but an amazing ending than "The Jungle Book" 1967.I can guarantee that you will see a perfect movie with Great Graphics IMAX Effect and The Best 3D I Have Ever Seen.

I really estimate Disney for their support of Lesbian and Gays.Disney is Simply The Best.

A Good Movie, but...

Author: Ava from U.S.A.
30 May 2016

The Jungle Book has been raved about by everyone I know, but now that I've finally seen it I don't quite understand what all the hype is about. It's true that the CG is nothing short of outstanding, especially considering a lot of it is done during the day instead of at night, and I'm impressed with how much they were able to accomplish, but a pretty movie and an exceptional movie are not at all the same thing; similarly, a better than average movie and an exceptional movie are not the same thing, and this movie is better than average.

The writing wasn't great, but it was passable. This is a kid's movie after all, and while I don't in any way think that's an excuse for a movie to have a worse script than any other, it's important to understand that the film still needs to keep the children entertained with silly jokes and easy-to-understand dialogue.

My main problem with the film was the child actor. I'm not expecting a 12-year-old kid to be able act like an A-Lister, but there was one particular shot were he screamed and I accidentally laughed in the near-silent theater because it seemed to out of place and awkward. He was also given outrageously simple and cliché lines. It was always "I'm doing this thing because of this other thing" and felt like the majority of his talking was done explaining to other characters that he had to reach is his goal instead of developing his character. There were a few scenes where he was able to act like a normal kid, and those were definitely his best performances, but overall he wasn't able to give it his all because what he was supplied with wouldn't allow him to.

The other characters were played well, and the animators did a good job with the choreography of all the fights. Bill Murray was a great choice for Baloo, and at this point I can't think of any other voice that could have given a bear that much character.The songs, however, felt out of place and forced, and that's all I'm going to say about those.

I do not dislike this movie in any sense, and I recommend that people go and see it. At it's heart it is a very good story, and one that I very much enjoy. I'm sure that the nostalgia of revisiting your childhood will help you enjoy it more than I did, because the only scene I'd ever seen from the 1967 movie was the one with the singing monkeys, so there wasn't a lot in the film to connect to my past.

Rudyard Wouldn't Be Happy

Author: janandliz from Los Angeles, CA
4 May 2016

In a word... "Flat." Seeing this remake only left me wanting to see the old cartoon once again. I loved the old cartoon as a kid and can easily recall many details decades later. Conversely, I just saw the new one and it just blends in with a bunch of other fantasy-adventure /superhero / CGI remakes of late.

In general, this remake just felt like it had no soul.

In particular, they didn't develop the characters much. It was obvious the film-makers didn't care about the main characters much so why should we either? I guess the special effects or CGI were impressive, especially the talking animals, but that's been done so much its just not a big deal anymore. They can't base a whole movie on those effects anymore and just touch on a few songs. The singing and music in the old version was so much more developed, energetic and memorable.

The guest voice-overs were good but too recognizable. I kept thinking of Bill Murray talking into a mic instead of watching the fake bear talk. To be fair, Ben Kingsley pulled off the character very smoothly. But why did they make that orangutang so huge? Was he King Kong's lost brother? And voiced by Christopher Walken it really didn't make sense. Jungle animals are already awesome, you don't need to enlarge them or make up new ones.

A high point of the movie was when Mogli helped the elephant baby from the pit. More of this tenderness would have been welcome, which brings me to the next point...

This story was always potentially very violent; we're talking about jungle law here- brutal life and death is always near. But while the old cartoon version separated that violence enough from reality to make it safe and enjoyable for a younger audience, the new one crossed the line. It was too real, in my opinion, for most kids under about 11 or so. True, many kids play violent computer games from earlier ages now, so some would argue they can "handle it", but is that the kind of trend for them you want to support? I would argue the more we desensitize the youth now, the less sensitive they will be later on when they may be taking care of us when we're seniors. Do we want such thoroughly insensitive people running society in the future? So, while yes- it was exciting, I think this production really narrowed their audience down to the preteens (for whom it may be too violent) and the teenagers (for whom it may be too kiddie- you know with the talking animals and all). So sorry Disney, I've so often loved your movies, but not this time.

Amazing visuals mixed in with great story telling.

Author: gentm2013 from Mitrovica, Kosovo
3 May 2016

The Jungle Book is a live-action/CGI fantasy film that retells the story of Mowgli, an orphaned human boy who, guided by his animal guardians, sets out on a journey of self-discovery while evading the threatening Shere Khan. Neel Sethi plays the main character, Mowgli in the movie. He is the only human being on screen and as his first ever role, this kid actor is truly magnificent. He is as good as any kid actor has ever been, even favorably compared to Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense. The computer generated imagery is brilliant all throughout, definitely some of the best ever and the 3D is just mind blowing. In every single scene I kept getting surprised and thrilled at just how amazing the CGI and 3D were. I think the main reason as to why this movie worked it's because it also has a very good story line that's mixed in with the amazing visuals. Also, the voice actors are all perfectly cast. Especially Idris Elba as Shere Khan, who is truly haunting in every scene he's in. That was one well made and scary villain that Mowgli had to face. Jon Favreau did a fantastic work with this movie, cause really this story has been told many times before, and yet this movie feels fresh and interesting nonetheless. I'm glad that it's doing so well in Box Office because it completely deserves it. Movies like this must be appreciated so that they can inspire more great work, and maybe one day, even erase movies like Transformers.

The jungle book surprised me

Author: larrymeers from utah
20 August 2016

If there is one thing that Hollywood is good at is ruining our favorite childhood films, but not with this film. So The jungle book focuses on a boy named Mowgli that is raised by a pack of wolves in the jungle. But when a tiger named Shere khan learns of his presence, he must flee the jungle in search for the man village. Helping him get there is a panther named Bagheera and a bear named Baloo that must protect him until they reach they reach their final destination. First the pros. The special effects are amazing! I've never seen cgi animals look so realistic on screen before. Neel Sethi does a good job at playing Mowgli. Considering that this kid had to work with nothing, then he is does an excellent job. The characters are very likable. Whether they are good guys or villains. The story seems kinda simple, but when it is directed in a way that makes it entertaining, then your going to find yourself liking this film. To be completely honest i didn't see any cons to this movie. Overall i really enjoyed the jungle book. It was fun, visually dazzling, action packed, and funny at times. One things for sure when it is on DVD, I am going to buy it.

This is awesome

Author: Cody
5 November 2016

I've never been a fan of the original Jungle Book movie, but I did grow up watching it, and I did like it. This remake is (in my opinion) Disney's best remake so far.

The animation and the scenery is basically a new age in CGI. Not only are there CGI characters and creatures now, but locations too. The entire jungle looks absolutely real, yet it's not, and that's the great thing about it.

The characters themselves were pretty cool. I didn't care for Mowgli in the original movie, but this movie got me liking him. He's brave, not as bratty, and he's pretty inventive. Bagheera is as stern and careful as ever except that he's also got the action his book counterpart had had. And I like Baloo's character here, having a bit more of a self-serving trait his older counterparts never had but eventually becoming a nice guy. And that's the main characters. The wolves got more screen time, Kaa got a lot more dangerous (though she doesn't have as much screen time, which is my only complaint in this movie), King Louie is more sinister and less comical, and Shere Khan is a flat-out beast.

I'm also glad that they brought back three songs I enjoyed as a kid. I really liked Bare Necessities, and I've also started singing this version of I Wanna Be Like You. Trust In Me made me feel like Kaa was in a spy movie.

So on a scale from one to ten, I'd give it a perfect score: 10/10. It's an epic movie, and I highly recommend seeing this movie.

One of the best movie of the year!

Author: Miranta M.
3 December 2016

Did you read negative reviews? Do so, it's hilarious. The complains are: not funny (did you even read The Jungle Book?), violent (again - did you even read The Jungle Book?), no songs and dances (should I repeat?), "no soul" (oh, could you please give me a definition of "soul", there are thousands theologians dying to get one).

Just ignore that baseless rants and see the movie for yourself. And show your kids too - they would love it. Best visuals out there. THE BEST. Should that be me, the movie would take all Oscars in visual\sound presentation there are.

The plot is not exactly The Jungle Book (I mean book here). But again - it's hard to make one. No movie can exactly repeat the book. It's good, it fits the age it meant for, it's emotional and realistic in the same time.

Very, very impressive movie!

A good film with a lot of CGI!!

Author: matthewstephens-73195
27 November 2016

CGI. A source used to hide props or things in sets, not a good source for characters. My mind is off that statement know changed thanks to the work of Jon Favreau and cast/team. This movie FYI has fantastic CGI, never in this movie I thought that those creatures were CGI. The voice/real acting from all cast was fantastic, even from kid actor, Neel Sethi. And also from the fearsome character, Shere Khan. Voiced by Idris Elba. The story and directing runs smoothly with the visuals and comedic acts animals and human do. This movie is an amazing one from the visual acting and the acting, it deserves a lot of money from the box office, see this movie in theaters or rent it if you can, almost perfect.

Page 1 of 47:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]