IMDb > "Homeland" Good Night (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Homeland" Good Night (2013)

« Prev | 34 of 48 Episodes | Next »

Homeland surpasses itself in a truly gripping episode

Author: jigsaw-91 from Spain
2 December 2013

Homeland is really back with a truly bang! This season is going on improving the plot and raising the bar of the most of the shows that are airing now on TV. The writers and the whole team have really caught me by surprise these last episodes, but this one... "Good Night" is one of the best episodes of Homeland EVER!

Believe it, please. We have tension between Carrie and Quin for her pregnancy, meanwhile Brody is trying to make his way to the Iranian border at the nightfall and with forces surrounding him and ready to attack. The ending of this episode is a shocking twist that will leave you wanting more and more... And more. This episode has the fastness that "The Weekend", "Q&A", "Beirut is back" or "Marine One" had. This is the truly golden episode of the Season 3 so far. And if its path stills going by this way we will be witness of a shocking finale that could be the best that Homeland has ever had yet. Only two episodes left.

Trouble at the border

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
11 December 2013

Having agreed to take part in the mission Brody is taken to a remote part of Kurdish Iraq near the Iranian border. It is intended that his team will take up to the border and once over he will claim to have been assisted by Al Qaida and request asylum… of course these things never go quite as planned. As they wait near the border they are approached by Kurdish police and later by Iraqi soldiers who start firing on them meaning the operation could be over before Brody even crosses the border. Back in the US Carrie and Saul watch the operation unfold and try to get it back on track as various things go wrong.

This was the best episode of the season so far; the tension is high when Brody gets to the border and keeps getting higher; especially during three shocking scenes one of which makes it look as though Brody could have been killed or at least left seriously injured and another right at the end of the episode… I won't say any more about them as I'd hate to give too much away! The action is expertly directed and the acting is top notch which only serves to keep things exciting… it was such that when the closing credits began I couldn't believe a whole episode could have passed… the time just flew by.