Authentic

Author: alaveddi from New York
20 January 2014

This is a well created documentary from videos taken during the spring of 2009. The sequencing of videos taken by different witnesses and the narration are excellent. The videos were taken by both the victims as well as Sri Lanka army personnel (trophy videos).

Some have estimated the civilians deaths to be around 40,000. Other estimates are much higher. About 150,000 are unaccounted form, over 99% were civilians.

Sri Lanka has questioned the validity of the videos. Chanel 4 has hence had all the photos and videos analyzed by independent experts, ruled unequivocally authentic. Sri Lanka is also resisting multiple calls for independent investigations.

Some scenes are gory. Viewer discretion recommended.

But it is must see for anyone interested in knowing the cruelty that occurred in a country that prides itself as 'Buddhist'!

A testimony for srilankan army's gruesome killings in srilanka

Author: Rajarajan S from India
27 November 2013

This is a genuine documentary depicting the inhuman, brutal killings carried out by the srilankan army in the name of war. This is now well known in the world and srilanka receiving condemnation from all the leaders around the world. Though killing of terrorist organization is nothing wrong, what is unacceptable is the killing of innocent people who are not part of any terrorist organization. This video shows just a glimpse of the massacre unleashed by the srilankan government headed by rajapakshe. Just because the govt. denies that there is no such killings committed by the army men, the truth can not be buried. Many of the videos released by channel 4 are not shot by them but were made by the army men themselves using their mobile cameras. If the srilankan govt alleges that they are fake, then they should technically prove that they were not real and should sue channel 4. I strongly suggest all the kind hearted people to just view this once and make your own judgment about whether it is fake or not. We thank the maker of this video for bringing this out and let the world community to see the unethical war carried out by the srilankan army to eradicate an entire community who have been living there for decades

A Genuine and Honest documentary to depict the real situation

Author: rathismail from Kentucky, United States
21 January 2014

This Authentic documentary depicts the war crimes and the genocide of one of the oldest ethnic national Tamils. It's an perfectly compiled evidence of War crimes and crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Sri Lankan army during Jan - May 2009 which includes inhuman activities like, brutal killings, rape, forced disappearances carried out by the srilankan army in the name of war.

Srilanka is receiving condemnation from all over the world and from the leaders and countries which supported him in the war. This video shows just a glimpse of the massacre unleashed by the srilankan government headed by rajapakshe. Just because the govt. denies that there is no such killings committed by the army men, the truth cannot be buried.

Many of the videos released by channel 4 are not shot by them but were made by the army men themselves using their mobile cameras. Channel 4 just paid to get the video or the army person was guilty of his act. If the srilankan govt alleges that they are fake, then they should technically prove that they were not real and can file a petition against channel 4.

I urge all the people in the wold who has a bit of humanity in heart to just view this once and make your own judgment about whether it is fake or not. We thank Channel 4 of this video inspite of all hinderences from the SriLankan regime

Powerful, must-see documentary

Author: Tasha Manoranjan from United States
20 January 2014

This film is a heartwrenching work about an often-forgotten conflict: Sri Lanka. It captivatingly portrays the horrific violence inflicted by the Sri Lankan government against Tamils on the island. War crimes and crimes against humanity that Sri Lanka is attempting to white-wash are uncovered through expert journalism.

It is told from the perspective of victims, with analysis from international human rights experts. The historical context for Sri Lanka's decades of violence is also explored.

It is a powerful, objective work of journalism and has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. I encourage the world to watch this film, and never forget.

Excellent Documentary

Author: silentdude from Sri Lanka
20 October 2014

This is a film that pulls no punches. Watching these innocent people killed in the cover of "Killing the terrorists" is haunting and horrifying because it is based on events that actually happen. These people trying to stay alive from day to day is a sobering viewing experience. Glad that CH4 was able to bring this atrocities committed by this cowardly regime to light. Hope these voiceless people will get justice someday.

Some of the young men and women were blind folded, hands tied and then executed. These are inhuman instincts.People are killed anywhere and everywhere without respite and their corpses abandoned without proper burial or funeral. Singala army's motto when it comes to human life - "Kill'em all"

Great Job in bringing out the truth.

Author: Pat Suth
20 October 2014

This documentary has done an excellent job defying extreme efforts by the Sri Lanka government to suppress the truth from coming out. I know at times the producers have received death threats from the same Government. But with all this they had the courage to bring this film out.

This film has triggered the international war crimes investigation against Sri Lanka by the UNHRC. Hopefully this film will also serve as evidence in the investigation and help bring the culprits in front of the Law and serve Justice to the victims of this indigestable truth.

Although viewer discretion is advised, everyone who stands up for Human Rights must watch this Documentary.

Shame on "Callum Macrae"

Author: Laddu Nishan from Sri Lanka
21 November 2013

As I said, Shame on you "Callum Macrae". This documentary video must banned from publishing, and advise channel 4 to stop creating fake videos about Sri Lanka. However, this movie is trying to harm Sri Lanka, & it's Independence. I guess, channel 4 already got their answers about the incident they are talking in here, while discussing with Muththaiyah Muralidharan (Former Cricketer of Sri Lanka). If you do not know about Sri Lanka, this link is enough for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmPnX6jHzI. note that, this isn't a paid advertisement. Finally, would like to say that the "Freedom of Media, is to save the independence & not to harm others."

Stop Broadcasting FAKE Videos Against Sri Lanka

Author: Ann Rox from London, England
17 November 2013

The new Channel 4 video of alleged extra-judicial killings in Sri lanka which the new UN Rapporteur, Prof. Christof Heyns claimed as being authentic after having same tested by three US forensic experts at the Geneva sessions of the UNHRC in June 2011, has once again been determined as a fake by Mr. Siri Hewavitharana of Australia, who is one of the world's leading experts on digital video systems and former head of Cisco's Global Broadcast and Digital Video Practice division. Mr. Hewavitharana is presently the Executive Director of IPTV Systems in Sydney, Australia.

Mr. Hewavitharana's incisive comments relating to Channel 4's latest video have been published in a news report carried in the Asian Tribune of June 6, 2011, which is annexed hereto for easy reference.

It must also be mentioned here that Mr. Jonathan Taylor, the foreign affairs correspondent of the Channel 4 News of UK claimed that the gun wielding men dressed in Sri Lanka army uniforms were members of the Sri Lankan security forces and that the alleged victims were members of the Tamil community without providing any proof as to their identities other than the UN Rapporteur stating that according to experts hired by him the video was authentic. We are aware that the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), also known as the Tamil Tigers possessed such uniforms having overrun Sri Lankan army installations in the past, which they donned to carry out atrocities against their own Tamil people and other ethnicities. Yet other data to question the authenticity of the video, and grounds to reach other conclusions are given by us following the undernoted comments of Mr. Hewavitharana.

Full text of the analysis report published by Mr. Siri Hewawitharana. Channel 4 Video is Fake, Edited and Video taken by Video Camera ( BY: Siri Hewawitharana)

It seems new Channel 4 video at UN is worse than the previous one even though new video supposed to show old video clip with added drama and whole video is fake with a date indicating UTC 2009-07-15 13 :17:23 and taken by a Video Camera and Not by a mobile phone as indicated.

Worst part is UN's new Rapporteur Christof Heyns hired a new US based video specialist Mr Grant Fredericks to analyze the video. I am surprised, with his conclusion, that the video is Edited using Philips editing software and Never Came from the mobile phone since video is using an Optical Zoom which is not available in Any mobile Camera that is available to date.

To me, video editing is so obvious that all it needs is to look into the video end to see more than one video layer, and audio is also not synchronized in with the video as indicated by the previous Channel 4 video.... The technical foot print is identical on both videos indicating it is edited by the same software and by the same idiot.

Also Mr. Jeff S. Spivack is now giving different and conflicting answers but avoiding the main criticism that video is edited using a PC and he uses childish or dishonest analysis saying rudimentary editing possible on a mobile phone cannot do this type of a video... Who is he kidding?

At one part he says the video is edited using Philips software and using a PC and other part he said it cannot be done with the mobile phones editing applications.... How does he answer Mr Grant Frederick's analysis saying these are high quality video that came from a Video Camera?

What can he say about 17 frames of video that is inconsistent with the original video? This anomaly was created by a new video wrapper that try to create from original video camera to the mobile video format and if you work in this area you know why this happened, except Mr. Grant says he does not know why it happened? It will be cheaper that, UN hire clowns since only clowns speak like that.

To me these are what I call hired guns with an agenda but I would not dignify these people saying they are experts in video. They are experts in downright incompetence or dishonesty that can be bought for 30 pieces of silver....

My technical conclusion that was done with the previous and the present video is almost identical to Mr Grant Frederick's analysis.

Are you for Real "Callum Macrae"

Author: jumpnarada from Sri Lanka
2 March 2014

I'm guessing you are getting so much happy by publishing this "Documentary". Am I wrong ? Do you think you are some kind of a GOD, I don't think so, any human with a brain can figure out this was a made-up movie because in some parts you really forgot to edit your mistakes. So when are you get paid to do something do it properly. And you came to the Sri Lankan soil and do this kind of cruelties, think man You even don't know what's happening every day around the word . Just look at Palestine , Afghanistan , Pakistan , Iraq even in USA there is huge human violations but your cameras are only on he innocent countries like ourselves. I forbid this documentary over & over again !!!

Finally I wont to tell something to #alaveddi , #rathismail , #Rajarajan S , #Tasha Manoranjan ; are really ? It's your right to review so as mine but please don't . 'Cause just look back @ your country & see what have done then after you will realize the real ugly truth about yourselves.

Do not watch or believe this documentary.

Author: Tharanga Nuwan Chandrasekara from Sri Lanka
17 November 2013

This is a full bias documentary created by LTTE supporting media. I am Living in Sri Lanka and my home town is situated in North Part of the country. In sri Lanka we do not have any ethnic problems and we didn't had any fight with Tamils. Yes we did had a war. That was with brutal LTTE. Not with Tamil People.

I am pretty pretty sure that the producer or this document have a very bias view towards LTTE and he must be gaining profit from the LTTE diaspora. Otherwise this documentary should have at least one incident of brutal LTTE actions. But it does not. This does not talk about the 30 years of LTTE's action it only talk about the 48 hours of the war. In that time period also it does not talk about a single incident that has done by brutal LTTE.

Even if we ASSUME for a min that this document is true, then why would the firs place LTTE hide behind the civilians?? so then again it comes to the first point of LTTE just use people as a human shield and government troops rescues them and gave them a good life.

Problem is why channel 4 people can't see the other side of the story??

We do not have any problems with tamils and we are living happily with them now. Please do not make more problems by putting salt to the wounds that are keep heeling. Let them heal with the time. Pleas do not drag the garbage and make more problems.

If Channel 4 or any other Western country want to do a human right investigation then lets start with British killing thousands of Sri lankans in 1818. After that we can talk about other issues.