IMDb > "Banshee" The Warrior Class (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Banshee" The Warrior Class (2014)

« Prev | 13 of 38 Episodes | Next »

To live in Banshee you must be cold, and you gotta be hard.

Author: Jesse Boland from Burnaby, BC Canada
25 January 2014

That was just another example of not enough time, and so much story. This is the firebomb going off in the middle of a war just set to get really nasty between the Amish, and the "Reservists" (I'm going with that) and our great, and powerful Hood. This was not as artsy as some past episodes have been, they are really trying to cram a lot of story down your throats all at once, but it's good eat'n just the same. A great Hood stile battle, and some real mysteries just starting to take shape I must only tell you how much I Enjoyed this episode. Like a show where the cast has to travel, or in this case are all in need of new blood, there always has to be the obligatory "traveling" episodes that take you some place but most of the journey in those episodes will be just the excess that was only needed to fill an episode. I'm betting you know what I mean, I have gone, and worded it up a spell much, but I still think you get it. (Can't all be masterpieces.)

"There's something you don't see everyday" (dialog)

Author: A_Different_Drummer from North America
28 January 2015

Although I am sure the nod to the tag line in THE TRUMAN SHOW (above) was not intentional, it was probably one of the few things in this series which wasn't.

As I have said in other reviews of other episodes, the guys behind the camera are serious and don't miss a trick.

Take the pacing in this one. For the first 15 minutes you might think you had tuned a BBC mystery by mistake, everything is slow and easy.

Then all Hell breaks loose as Hood fights a giant Native American (in what may be remembered as a breakout role for Geno Segers) followed shortly by a visit from his son ... who is not his son.

Then we have a blackmail attempt on Hood. (Not the first time, but these are always fun) All nicely framed by the incredible images we have come to expect from this show,.. everything from Murder #1 to the Amish countryside.

Again, the pacing. Things slow down, sort of, then by the 35:00 minute we have Proctor and his "assistant" defend the entire Amish community from an angry mob of natives .... and they do it! By the 42:00 we have an attempted abduction of the sweet Amish girl who broke with her clan.

And the episode ends typically with yet another interesting female character making inappropriate suggestions to Sheriff Hood ... which he accepts.

AND WHAT GETS ME IS THAT THIS EPISODE IS NOT UNUSUAL, IT IS TYPICAL, ACTUALLY SLIGHTLY UNDERSTATED.

THE REAL ANTAGONISTS, the ones considered DANGEROUS, ARE NOT IN EVEN IN THIS EPISODE!

FUN