Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

The BEST DC animated movie I have ever seen!

Author: sciencekarl from United States
30 July 2013

I just finished the movie minutes ago and couldn't wait to write a review.

The acting is superb.

The writing excellent.

The music is great.

The animation is fresh.

Oh, and for those of you who like their stories with a little darkness to them, hold onto your seats because this is movie delivers.

If you are ANY sort of DC fan and have not seen this movie, go NOW.

GO!

Thank me when you're done.

Superohero Gold!

Author: Miguel Ruiz from Montreal, QC, Canada
30 July 2013

This was awesome! Some of the details in the story are different that its comic book counterpart, but overall is an amazing adaptation.

I have to recognize my opinion may be a little bias as I'm a huge DC Comics fan and the Flashpoint event was the biggest thing since 1985 in terms of continuity as it rebooted everything from a new start point for all of DC characters. It has a lot of action and most cameos of characters I've seen so far. All the battles are epic, characters are well portrayed and animation's very interesting with obvious anime influence.

A lot of fun, totally worth it and if you're new to superhero animation this is a good starting point.

Best JLA in DC Library, Period

Author: A_Different_Drummer from North America
30 July 2013

Start by saying what a great job DC has done with the Batman franchise. To these tired old eyes, for example, the Dark Knight animations were as good as or better than the live action versions. (Yes, I know, that is heresy, shoot me). DC struggles with the Superman entries. Maybe because so little can hurt him, it's hard to create conflict. JLA is all over the map, some work, some don't. This is the best best best ever. Has a lot of ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE IN IT, which is possibly the most obscure segue you'd expect to find in a review. The really brilliant thing is the way the writers made the story about a single character -- Flash -- and let the viewer see it through his eyes. A strong connection makes a good film. And for any fanboy of any era, the things they did with the traditional characters in this "alternate" universe are both horrifying and mesmerizing at the same time. Guarantee you will never forget what happens to poor Superman here .. forget Lex, imagine if this poor guy had been caught by the government as a baby. Wow. Best of the Best.

Best DC Animated So Far

Author: visijared from Toronto
15 August 2013

I know men and women(!) from all walks of life who watch DC Animated shows/movies religiously. A lot of us were expecting a Flash-specific movie after the awesomely climatic culmination of events at the end of the JLA series season 4 (Divided We Fall)... which pretty much told us DC fanatics what we already knew all along... that the Flash is probably the most powerful superhero in the DC universe, period. So why don't we know more about him? This movie serves three amazing purposes, each executed to perfection; first, bring the DC animated movie series to an even darker, more violent, mature place and audience; second, give us a glimpse into the Flash's personal back-story, top villains, and character development; and third, to showcase a period in DC comic book history that is crucial to further plot developments. But really, its just a beautiful film and great opportunity to showcase some of the newest animation tactics, and to give the animators some freedom to be a little more 'adult' in their drawings. This is definitely the best of the DC animated movies thus far, (that's saying a LOT, btw), and is truly one to get excited about watching. New Earth is portrayed hauntingly as a gritty, sullen place to exist... Aquaman is finally given full credit and accurately shown as a nigh-invulnerable multi-powered heavyweight... the Amazonians are beautiful and fearsome... and for the first time ever I was actually a little creeped out by the true alien that Superman is. But you'll get a little creeped out by all the characters, and that's the point (except the Flash, of course!). It was great to see the interpretation of the New Earth variants well voiced and drawn, especially Slade and Black Manta. Also huge kudos to the producers for making Yo Yo's voice the same as Harley Quinn's. I totally agree.

Fabulous, a more than worthy animated straight-to-video superhero film

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
24 October 2013

And there are some great ones out there, all of them are worth watching in some shape or form even if they don't completely work. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox does work and brilliantly, for this viewer it's one of the better animated straight-to-video superhero films. There is very little to criticise it, except that some of it did feel a little rushed, Superman could have been fleshed out more and Professor Zoom was defeated too easily. The anime-inspired animation is wonderful though, if you enjoy the animation style of Young Justice- I do- you'll enjoy the animation here. The atmospheric colours and fluidity are simply remarkable. The music is haunting and beautiful at the same time, giving intensity to the action scenes and giving weight to the more emotional and dramatic scenes. While the dialogue is really smart and intelligently written and the story is hugely compelling right up to the end and packs a real emotional punch. The action sequences have an epic intensity to them, the moral ambiguity seen in the characters and story is interwoven very well and the complexity of the characters- they are much more than what they seem- is to be admired, especially Flash- especially in the final 10 minutes- and a more bad-ass Aquaman(loved that). There are lots of familiar characters that pop up every now and again, which comic book and superhero fans will really appreciate. And of course the voice acting is superb, with Justin Chambers really making us identify with his character, having Kevin Conroy back as Batman is a huge plus and there's also the suavity and command that Cary Elwes brings to Aquaman. C. Thomas Howell also shines in one of his best, maybe even his best, film in recent years(considering that he's been in a lot of bad movies, especially from The Asylum, lately that's saying a lot)- he is menacing and very malicious as Zoom, his taunting of Flash is subtly chilling and one of the high points in the writing. Overall, while not entirely perfect Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is fabulous. 9/10 Bethany Cox

DC knows how to adapt there pages!

Author: RevRonster from United States
30 July 2013

I love the "Flashpoint" comics and was pretty excited to see that DC was going to adapt those comics for their latest animated feature. I personally think DC is killing it in the animated movie department so my hopes were pretty high.

This is one of the best Justice League animated films they've produced. The story is great, the animation and action is awesome! The voice acting keeps the tradition of being top notch (Kevin Conroy is here for Batman, enough said!) and if I was forced to find a complaint, it would be that I thought the character design of Aquaman looked...strange.

Little was changed from the pages and I liked it. DC continues to pump out great animated movies.

Pime Taradox

Author: xamtaro from http://thexamtaroshowvault.blogspot.sg
15 August 2013

The Flash is the fastest man in the DC comic universe and also, apparently, has an origin story copied from Peter Parker. His heroic motivations stemming from one fateful night where he returned home to discover his mother murdered. Then as an adult, A freak science accident grants Barry Allen the ability to tap into the mysterious Speed Force. With his super speed, Barry fights injustice as The Flash along side the worlds greatest Superheroes in the Justice League. But one day, Barry unknowingly changed the past, and rewrote time. Now, Bruce Wayne does not exist, WonderWoman and Aquaman are in the middle of world war three, and Cyborg is America's greatest law enforcer. The only way to put things right is to track down the evil Professor Zoom aka Reverse Flash, a fellow speedster from the future.

Though tagged as a Justice League movie, The Flashpoint Paradox is a Flash movie with the Justice League in supporting roles. Barry Allen is the main character and we really go into his head, deconstruct his personality, and see this twisted new world through his eyes. The writers and talent voice cast lend a good deal of realism to the characters, never over-acting but always keeping it real. They speak like how they would in a live action movie. And personally, I would have liked to see this as one. Sadly, no matter how well the voice cast do, they are hampered by th writers turning all the other heroes into one-note supporting characters. Then again, this was a flaw of the original source material.

The story gets an immediate "A". Like "The Dark Knight Returns" that came before this, It is a faithful adaptation of the hit miniseries that forever changed the status quo of the DC universe. The scope is epic, the scale is grand and the death toll is catastrophic. The Flashpoint Paradox gets Credit for being the darkest, bleakest DC tale ever seen in animation. Fans of the video game "Injustice: Gods Among Us" will definitely be pleased. Familiar heroes are recast in unfamiliar roles.

They clash and a lot of people die in rather gruesome ways. Some lose their arms, others lose their heads, heroes are burnt, gutted and skewered in ways that would make Mortal Kombat proud. Now, Dc Animated movies has a reputation of having good stories and looking good at the same time.

But The artwork here comes across like a tribute to everything 1990s; in particular, that era of anime and Rob Liefeld. Elongated torsos, exaggerated expressions, and "bishonen" looking character designs are spliced with bulging anatomically impossible musculature, tree trunk think necks and over the too violence. Seriously, Wonder Woman looks like a CLAMP manga character, Superman and Aquaman look like they stepped out of dragonball z or Fist of the North Star, skinny characters look like Aeon Flux and Batman looks like some bad cosplay.

The animation itself is good but could be better. Japanese anime studio 4C animated this piece and while action scenes are dynamic and a thrill to watch, there is a certain feel of "cheapness" to the animation. We have creative shot angles that mimic the best of anime action yet the actual animation lacks the smooth fluid character movements that previous studio Moi Animation did. Here the characters seem stiff, art tends to go off-model, movements seem unnatural and motion blur is used to hide animation short cuts.

A huge pity though. If DC had allowed Moi Animation to do this movie, better quality control and perhaps character designs that were not so hilariously wonky, this movie would have been perfect. Accepting it for what it is, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is a solid entry in DC's animated movie library. This show also hints at the start of a shared DC animated movie universe. For those who read the comics, we all know where this would be heading.

Even if DC cannot get their shared live action movie continuity going, I'd settle for animation

Take a peek at an all new reality in Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox

Author: rgblakey from United States
9 August 2013

DC has been nailing it with their animated features. Their latest feature Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox not only brings everyone's favorite characters back together, it also once again brings some of the original cast as well including Kevin Conroy (Batman: Animated Series), and Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern: Emerald Knights) as well as numerous new to the cast including son of Superman: The Animated Series voice Tim Daly, Sam Daly taking on the role of Superman. Does DC have yet another hit on their hands as they bring to life one of the coolest Justice League stories in recent years?

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox follows The Flash, who creates ripples in the timeline that disastrously alters the Universe. Now he must team with other heroes to restore the timeline while the Earth is ravaged by a war between Aquaman's Atlantis and Wonder Woman's Amazons, things these are not the heroes he knows. Once again DC knocks it out of the park with their animated films. The story here may be one of the best ones to date as well as one of the most violent. They continue to push the boundaries with their PG-13 ratings and are clearly not afraid to go as far as they can. The animation is top notch with a very Anime vibe without stepping out of the visual comfort zone of their usual films. They took an awesome approach with the voice cast mixing in those that fans are familiar with along with the newcomers making the alternate reality aspect work even better. If you have never read this story before there are some really awesome twists and takes on this version of the DC Universe as well as some great cameos by familiar heroes and villains as well as some cool new ones. This film is heavy on story which is one of the reasons it works so well and finally getting a story that focuses on the Flash is a fresh change, but have no fear you will get plenty of your other favorites both old versions and new. Have no fear there is still plenty of awesome action here that is sure to keep any hardcore fan satisfied. In addition to the above mentioned voices this film also features Justin Chambers, C. Thomas Howell, Michael B. Jordan, Kevin McKidd, Dee Bradley Baker, Dana Delany, Cary Elwes, Danny Huston, and Ron Perlman.

With the exception of the Dark Knight Returns films, this might be the best animated film they have released to date. It showcases everything in both story and action you could want and then some. They may be slow on the draw to get their live action films moving, but they are winning the war in animation with each getting better and better. While we still have a way to go before getting the live action Justice League movie we have been waiting for, you can at least be happy to know that the next animated film coming up Justice League: War is sure to keep things moving in the right direction.

Amazing!

Author: bdelamata7 from Argentina
5 August 2013

I think I can say, without a doubt, that this was the best Justice League movie I've ever seen. I'm not much of a comic follower, so I don't know how comics fans will feel about it, but to the regular superhero fans: Don't miss it!

The story basically goes as Flash find himself in a universe very different to his reality. In order to find out what's going on, he tries to reach out to his justice league buddies, only to realize they don't exist as he knows them. At the same time, he begins experience new memories that he didn't live, only to realize this new universe is his own, however something happened in the past that changed the way of history

An Amazing Justice League for Adults

Author: kevinski35
9 March 2014

WOW. This movie blew my socks off. I've always been a fan of the justice league and I grew up on the TV show as a kid. I've always been a die-hard batman fan who sees the rest of the justice league as merely there to supplement his awesomeness, so I gave little regard to movies focused on other JL members. I've also grown a little annoyed at the new animated movies coming out because as a young adult, I crave a semi realistic movie, not one where people beat each other up but no one ever dies and everything is gravy after. But i had heard good things about this movie so I gave it a shot. The film opens with a young Flash's mom telling him the classic prayer, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". This seems to be lost amongst the events of the movie but is tied back in the most amazing way at the end. Everything in between is a non-stop epic parallel reality where *GASP* SUPERHEROES ACTUALLY DIE *GASP* Yes it's crazy, but it's done extremely well and in a very mature tone. I was absolutely blown away that death was actually occurring in a JL animated movie and damn do I want more. The altered interpretation of the JL and the heroes within it are equally impressive and well thought out, with different factions and personalities vying for control and victory. All in all, if you're an adult fan of the Justice League, see this movie now. I pray they make more like this.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]