IMDb > A Way Back Home (2013) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Way Back Home (TV) More at IMDbPro »Shuffleton's Barbershop (original title)

Decent Film

Author: bolei1 from United States
10 June 2013

This is a somewhat predictable Hallmark Movie. That said, there is a lot of heartfelt content, nice scenery and decent acting, although the main character is a little wooden. Danny Glover is endearing, and the plot has lessons. That's why we watch Hallmark Movies. If you are expecting a Fellini Masterpiece, don't waste your time.I liked the idea of making a movie based on a Norman Rockwell painting, although there wasn't a lot of character development. The themes of doing the right thing, following through, and keeping your word are good things to be reminded of at any age. I also liked the small-town feel of the movie. It could have used a little more music, but I am a musician, and appreciated what was in the movie. Not a lot of movies have Americana soundtracks! Enjoy...

A movie that remind us of how human we are!!!!

Author: nasreddine abdelwaheb Hamada
27 May 2016

Hello guys,

This is my 2nd review on IMDb. Not much of an experience in providing reviews but I do have a long history with movies. I have to say that a movie like this couldn't been made better. A movie I have to say reached a part of my heart I have been missing for quite a time. Unfortunately, people keep burying these movies under bricks of unfair or if I may say inhuman reviews. I said it before in my first review, and am gonna say it here. When a movie fails to make an audience cry in a moment meant to be sad is simply a failure. This movie succeeded and amazingly in each moment It presented. Every time I come here, I keep seeing people who stopped from being pulled inside movies and living each and every moment in it as it was theirs. Watch this movie and let go of any prejudgments. A movie worth an hour and some of our life!!!!

Another Heartwarming Hallmark Classic

Author: bookandcandle from United States
8 January 2015

Thank you Hallmark for making another heartwarming classic.

Trey Cole returns to his home town after becoming a famous singer. He remembers the owner of the barber shop, played by Danny Glover, who helped mold his life with wisdom and principles. Danny Glover is always a treasure to watch. The story expands into beautiful relationships and redemptive reunions.

This is such a wonderful movie from beginning to end. The acting of each character was perfect. I disagree with the other review whereby he states Trey (Austin Stowell) could not act. Trey acted naturally, sincerely and with the right emotions at the right time. He did not overact, as some people want in a performance that is artificial. He was delightful. No one could have done a better job than him for this part. He is a great actor.

I am going to watch this movie over and over. And, as always, there is a happy ending, which I love.

Shuffletons Barbershop

Author: walmartcowboys from United States
2 June 2013

As a long time faithful Hallmark fan, I did not like this movie at all. I thought the acting from the main character Trey was horrible. Hallmark is my go to channel, daily. Some I really enjoy, some are just OK and few are bad. I regularly watch re-runs of the re-runs. This one I won't watch again. Hallmark romances also need a good kiss in the movie. The terrible acting and lack of real romance was a no go for me. The characters lacked Real emotions. The storyline was a true Hallmark theme. I truly wonder if you guys watch the final cuts before they are released though. I have seen Kayla Ewell on another Hallmark movie and liked her so I was excited about this film which also stars Danny Glover which is always a good choice..