IMDb > "Castle" Still (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Castle" Still (2013)

« Prev | 103 of 173 Episodes | Next »

Flashback episode: We knew it was coming.

Author: jackflagstaff
30 April 2013

Just about every television series goes for the flashback episode sooner or later. Sometimes, they are obvious about it, sometimes they try to cleverly weave it into the storyline and fail. This is definitely the latter, except for the fail part. This is actually fun to watch, possibly because the flashbacks run just 5 or 10 seconds each, so we get to see a lot of them, many more than in most such episodes. Add to this, we get some really great acting. Pretty standard script, in my view, but there's not a lot of wiggle room in this oft-used storyline, so you have to depend on the actors to make it more than a cliché story. Fillion and Katic deliver.

Flashback episode! Really?!

Author: AliceofX from Latvia
9 October 2015

Castle episodes have become one of my little Thursday joys that at least something watchable will be on this evening. So I don't like to see them spoiled by having to watch a flashback episode. A Flashback Episode! I cannot think of a single worse thing about television, no trope or gimmick, that makes my blood boil more than flashback episodes. Nothing else would make me want to fill this review with crude profanities to express my utter disappointment.

And to tell the truth I didn't even watch the whole episode fully. I clicked on it back and fort as I was surfing the channels for something better to watch while the flashbacks were going on. And the non-flashback parts were not that bad, except of course the "OMG Beckett Might Die" part. That was just cringe worthy. As if anyone was actually fooled into thinking one of the main stars of the show would die.

In short, 1 star may not be a fair or objective grade but does it really matter how edible the food is after someone spilled sewer water on half of it? Sure, there may be some good parts, but the smell alone kills all your appetite.