The planned reburial of a village elder goes awry as the corpse resurrects into a hopping, bloodthirsty vampire, threatening mankind. Therefore, a Taoist Priest and his two disciples attempt to stop the terror.
Fai, once a world champion in boxing, escapes to Macau from the loan sharks and unexpectedly encounters Qi, a young chap who is determined to win a boxing match. Fai becomes Qi's mentor and... See full summary »
Singh Hartihan Bitto
An operation against a notorious drug lord in Thailand changed the fate of a Hong Kong narcotic team- the workaholic captain lost his men and bright career; the loyal officer was abandoned ... See full summary »
A storm is heading to the city, and with it comes another occurrence so destructive, it vows to bring down everything it touches. A crew of seasoned criminals led by the notorious Nam (Hu ... See full summary »
A newsteam trails a man as he travels to an undisclosed location to find his missing sister. Upon entering "Eden Parish" and meeting the community's leader, it becomes apparent to the newcomers that this paradise may not be as it seems.
In this eerie and chilling, contemporary, action/special effects laden homage to the classic Chinese vampire movies of the 1980's, writer-director-producer, Juno Mak makes his feature directorial debut. Co-produced by J-Horror icon Takashi Shimizu, and reuniting some of the original cast members of the classic Mr. Vampire series, RIGOR MORTIS is set in a creepy and moody Hong Kong public housing tower whose occupants we soon discover, run the gamut from the living to the dead, to the undead, along with ghosts, vampires and zombies. Written by
Michael J. Werner
You will love this movie if you know Chinese believe and culture better.
First of all this is a great great movie. Below are the point:
1) The story is based on Chinese believe and it's ghost mythology. So if you are not a Chinese you will not be able to understand all the funny funny things in it. My advise go and get a Chinese friend alone and let them tell you more while you were watching.
2) the story despite is an old vampire story, but pack with a lot of new story and believe in it. It doesn't make you feel like watching and old common vampire story.
3) you see a lot of ghost in it, which is perfect. In korean ghost story, you sometime only see the real ghost appear in the last minute.
4) The way they use the slow motion in the movie is also great.
5) the story line was great too. and this is what i need to comment most. A lot of ppl find it not understandable like the person on top of this review. This is because you need to understand Chinese culture to understand it. Everyone in the story play an important role, and every scene is co-related, so if u miss one scene, you will not understand the rest of the movie, which make this movie even better.
6)This movie really able to scare you off. Don't believe me..go and watch in the dark alone...dare you.
23 of 28 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?