Betrayal (TV Series 2013–2014) Poster

(2013–2014)

33 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
I am actually writing a review on IMDb for this show... It's THAT GOOD!
heathernicki02065 November 2013
I really liked this show going in - even though it was slow for some people. As I watch each episode, I am more and more hooked, to the point that I have to watch the previous episodes again! (This is from someone who doesn't normally do things like that.) I think this show has something for everyone, and it definitely isn't just a "chick" show. The mob, family issues, affairs, romance, blackmail, etc, etc make for really great TV. They have chosen fantastic actors and the plot twists will leave your jaw on the floor.

Give it a chance... You won't be disappointed. I guarantee it's a lot better than most of the junk on TV now! Let me just say, it is so good, I am actually writing a review on IMDb. I mean, who does that?! ;)
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I loved the first episode
ungerbug5 October 2013
I really enjoyed the first episode and I am not one to watch much television on local stations. I find most of it boring. I can't understand why the critics are so hard in their reviews. Maybe they should ask the viewer for their opinions or at least sit back and see what happens with the ratings. This series has a lot going on in the story line. I have not been excited in a series for a long time. I can't wait for the next episode. The actors really nailed their parts and I loved the night shots of Chicago. This show is the perfect escape from reality, yet it is believable. It's about time that we can get something interesting on regular television. I am going to stay with it.
39 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Love this new show!
dawnblakeney16 October 2013
I have never written a review before, and I had to even take time to set up an account in order to post a review. This is a GREAT new show. It is well written and the actors do a wonderful job. There are several actors I'm not familiar, but definitely have added them to my favorite list. The show is not fake in any way, and could happen to anyone on any given day. The show is not only about Betrayal, but has an exciting story line. If you haven't had a chance to watch it I encourage everyone to just give it a try. I was hooked on it from the first episode. Its not to late, I look forward to Sunday nights just to watch it. I hope the critics change their mind and come over to the peoples view. Love this new show!!!
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Love It
leBratPrincess8 October 2013
I love the show.

If your interested in an affair type show - then its for you. If your interested in a 'crime family' type show - then its for you. If your interested in both - then it's DEFINITELY for you.

Its fast paced, it doesn't lag. The cast is simply beautiful and so is the filming location. Something/one for everyone to look at.

The critics have been hard on it, but really who needs to listen to them to form your own opinion. Give it a try, I was really surprised to come to like it so much personally.

I know a lot of people have viewing parties for it, I just wish I could get one rounded up for my house.
32 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
review for this excellent show!!!!
javedizza21 October 2013
I can't believe this show is an hour long. It seems like it only 30 mins lol. I'm always disappointed when it's over. I really like Sara with Jack. There's definitely something there, when he looks at her his expression softens but his eyes show peace. I love it!! I know it's wrong to encourage cheating but I like their chemistry together.

must watch!!! I love this show....gaining momentum I see which is a good thing...but we need to keep it going!!! spread the word people...spread the word...great show...PLEASE don't cancel the show!!! It's one of my favorites and I need to see more of Jack and Sarah!!! At least they should give the show a second chance. They should know some of us are busy and might night be able to tune in when the show is on.
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Relaxing, low energy, low involvement, but nice after a hard day.
AnnaShade3 October 2013
My opinion on the pilot was that it was nice and entertaining in a certain way. I think it helps that I went in with the specific expectations that it would not be amazing but would be diverting in kind of a soap opera sort of way. That was exactly what I got, so I'm pleased with it.

It's a show I might watch on Sundays to relax before going back to work. It's fairly brainless, so I can just take it easy, and it's not bad visually. Don't expect it to be crazy smart and high energy - it's an evening soap opera. It's like expecting Breaking Bad to be mostly a romantic comedy.

The show is a bit like floating on the Lazy River at a water park. Relaxing, low energy, low involvement, but nice after a hard day.

UPDATE: I enjoyed the pilot, but now after seeing 2 or 3 more episodes, I'm beyond bored. The two main characters rarely if ever interact. It's not building tension, it's making me lose interest. For the pilot, I give it 8/10 for enjoyment, for the rest it's like a 5/10 at best.
23 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great New Show. Love it
sasso58515 October 2013
I love this new show. The Cast is excellent. It's fast paced and leaves you wanting more. Lead charterers are great to look at. I'm not a fan of Scandal or Revenge but this show has me hooked.

If you like affair type shows this is for you. Can't get enough of sexy dramas. Love Sarah and Jack. They have great chemistry. The story line is very interesting. I tell all my friends to watch it. I needed a Sunday night show. I was hooked on the first episode. I'm not sure why critics are so hard on it. Everyone I know that watches it loves it. Excited for Sunday night again.

Great show. Great escape on a Sunday night. A must see.
22 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Love Love Love
perez_lynda5 November 2013
I love this new show, I'm a big fan of drama's with a good story line, and this one has it all, I hope that this show is renewed for more seasons because since the beginning of betrayal it got right into the gritty without any procrastination and has only gotten more interesting, and I would love to see whats next for the new season. I think that its time slot allows for it to be the type of drama only suitable for adults. I love that this show is a sexy crime filled drama with twist and turns, and I'm always anxious and on time for each episode, and I'm always very satisfied with what I see, yet I want more. When the episode comes to an end, I'm always anxious to see whats next on the new episode. This show attracts a lot of the younger crowds like myself who can appreciate a show that is undeniably irresistible! Thank you for a wonderful show ABC, that keeps me coming back for more, I am hooked and you can count on me to be a devoted viewer. Thank you again!
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Getting Better and Better
patty024011 November 2013
Intriguing and suspenseful. Sara and Jack were both unhappy before the affair and now is their chance to have a better life. Elaine didn't take long to have her own affair.

Poor Brandy she was caught in a difficult situation. Perhaps she still might be saved.

Much to work out with both families so that by Sara and Jack. I think Jack married Elaine for what her father could do for them; not necessarily out of love.

ABC should not cancel. They should give Betrayal a longer run.

Many programs get off to a slow start.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
great show . cant wait to see it every Sunday night
perla mejica12 November 2013
i have watch this show since the beginning and i fell in love with Sara and jack.I understand their dilemma and trying to resist the affair but they are so drawn to each other that eventually they let it happen. of course affairs usually ended up in disaster they usually do .But i hope Sara and jack will find a way to be together without destroying their relationship with their respective family.if it can be possible.the plots thickens every episode that i cant wait for Sunday night to come .not once was i disappointed about this show. i watch it over and over again so i can really got the story right..i think iam getting obsessed about this show. It is that good. Stuart Townseed is so hot!!
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this