IMDb > Anatomy of a Liar (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Anatomy of a Liar More at IMDbPro »

Decent.

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
9 December 2013

"Anatomy of a Liar" is a making of featurette for "A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman". As the title could kind of suggest, it's about the life of Graham Chapman--specifically from his college days until his death. However, since Chapman has been dead since 1989, both films rely heavily on audio recordings by Chapman. In fact, "A Liar's Ahotbiography" is basically his recordings which were then animated by various artists.

Not surprisingly, much of the featurette consists of talking about and talking with members of the Monty Python gang (though I didn't notice Eric Idle or Terry Jones among them). In addition, it focuses on his homosexuality, alcoholism and sad later life. In fact, overall, I sure felt rather depressed by the film as Chapman just seemed like a lost soul as they talked about him.

This is a decent film for fans of the series, though, as I said above, it's pretty sad. Additionally, you may want to be careful if you show this to kids, as it does have a bit of full frontal nudity.