IMDb > Mr. Pig (2016) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mr. Pig More at IMDbPro »Sr. Pig (original title)

Never thought I would care so much for a man and his pig

Author: paulijcalderon from Sweden
14 January 2017

A pretty tragic story actually. This is the first Diego Luna directed film I've seen and I think he has some interesting things to say. Especially about the subject on how animals are treated and cared for.

I've always liked Danny Glover as an actor and he was really good in this one. The care he has for his best friend, the pig Howard, was very nice and heartfelt. That is what really made the movie. The fact that he wants Howard to have a nice home was a sweet gesture and I really cared for the bond they had.

The locations are good and the plot is simple and straightforward. It's a road movie too and I really like that genre. There's something very genuine and relate-able about them. The movie surprised me and I never thought I would care so much for a man and his pig on a road trip. I didn't want anything bad to happen to them.

road trip caper in Mexico

Author: ksf-2 from southwest US
3 January 2017

Mr. Pig is a road trip film, where we follow "Ambrose" (Danny Glover) as he drives down into Mexico with his hog, to be sold south of the border. The IMDb page for this film is pretty sparse, so not a lot of info. When he sees how the son of his old friend is keeping the hogs, Ambrose goes nuts, and changes his mind. He takes the pig back, and heads back home. Of course, his daughter Eunice (Maya Rudolph) catches up with him, and confronts him. Crazy adventures as Ambrose, Eunice, and Howard the pig run around Mexico in a caper. Ambrose has health issues, Howard has health issues, and Ambrose is determined to get a fair price for him. Some funny scenes, where father and daughter check into a motel, but the bed is round like a honeymoon suite. The editing and the script are both really great. It almost plays like a documentary, but the music helps set the scene. Beautiful outdoor scenes of Mexico. It really has a sense of adventure... the whole time, we're not sure what's going to happen next. As it should be. Screenplay and direction by Diego Luna. Luna has done a wide variety of projects, as writer, director, actor. Great stuff. Highly recommend it. Playing on netflix.

Mr Pig not bad...!!!

Author: yagulito from United States
18 January 2017

This film has a very unique story also has obviously great actors with a very great scenery in the last few minutes of the film which is really beautiful I enjoyed the film, sometimes the film was a a bit annoying, but despite that the actors act great; is an independent film which works beautifully The message of the film is great the photography like I mentioned before is south west of the bay which is very beautiful; it was located in Boca De Tomatlan,Jalisco, Mexico 🇲🇽 And near by surroundings going south of Mexico on the bay off Puerto Vallarta,Jalisco, 🇲🇽

Which is not mentioned in the film . I hope everybody enjoys this film because I certainly did Enjoy it especially the scenery which was very beautiful and remind me when I just to live in in Puerto Vallarta with my friends in Nadaderos near Boca De Tomatlan.

Enjoy the film Juggalos 🇲🇽👍🏾👌🏾😁🎥😄👀

Hello to everybody over there Yaagul.

Good "road film" with a Father & Daughter

Author: Dianna M from New York, NY
8 January 2017

Danny Glover turns in a heartfelt performance in Mr Pig. I enjoyed the film a great deal. Maya Rudolph is also very good as his somewhat estranged and worried daughter, although we don't see her until the film is about 2/3's over. Prior to that the audience only hears muffled snatches of their phone conversations. I think the director should have cut to her at least once earlier in the film.

Some things don't make sense (i.e. – How does one get across the American/Mexican border without anyone inquiring as the gigantic hog in the back of the station wagon?) The father and daughter have numerous issues to resolve and none of these come easy as Ambrose (Mr Glover) very much marches to his own drummer. The Mexican scenery is lovely and the supporting characters all fit in perfectly.