"Community" Conventions of Space and Time (2013)

« Prev | 74 of 110 Episodes | Next »

Different but good

Author: salve-line from Switzerland
22 February 2013

I think it's pretty clear by now that Season 4 has slightly different priorities than the show had before, namely putting more weight on the sentimental parts. That may or may not sit well with you but that's where we are.

That being said, "Conventions of Space and Time" gets it down well. Not spoiling anything, Troy and Abed's relationship is a big focus of the episode and the issues are presented and resolved in a way only those two could while actually managing to be taken seriously. Overall the Episode features plenty of clever references, stays true to the characters and has plenty of heart. It's not a comedic powerhouse like Community at its best but it got several laughs out of me.

All in all, I'd rate it similarly to "Paranormal Parentage" in that it essentially includes many things I'm looking for in Community, it's just not quite up there with the show's highlights.

Oh, and you get to see Gillian Jacobs in her underwear. How's that for motivation?

Community Conventions of Space and Time

Author: dalydj-918-255175 from Ireland
24 February 2013

I must admit I do not watch Inspector Space Time so this episode did not make much on an impression on me. The best things about the episode where probably the Annie scenes. Pierce and Shirley scenes were quite bad and it is so sad to see Britta being completely forgotten and I can see Jacobs really trying to push through such bad material. Matt Lucas was quite funny in his scenes but ultimately he did not come off completely great to me. As I said I do not watch the show the convention was about so this episode did nothing for me and this show is becoming so hard to watch which is sad for me being such a huge fan of what the show once was.

EPISODE GRADE: C- (MVP: Joel McHale)