IMDb > "Blue Bloods" Men in Black (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Blue Bloods" Men in Black (2013)

« Prev | 58 of 134 Episodes | Next »

3.14 ****

Author: edwagreen from United States
9 February 2013

For people who have been severely persecuted throughout their history, we see a lot of intolerance exhibited by the Hassidic community in this episode.

When the Grand Rabbi dies, his son is murdered the same day and suspicion immediately falls on the dead son's brother. The father had to choose one of them to lead the community.

See Fyvush Finkel in a scene stealer as someone in the community who sells religious hats.

Notice how non-Jews and those who left the group, in this case a current police officer, are treated by the community.

In a sidebar story, the former mayor's cocky daughter is arrested for smoking pot and she tries to throw her influence around. Nothing like her father wising up in the end.

I enjoyed this

Author: mudenbiz from Minneapolis, MN
24 April 2016

This reminded me of the movie "A Stranger Among Us" from 1992. The supposedly "holy order" could have some secret sins, as would be expected. Even extremely religious Jews could have some bad apples. So, one immediately begins suspecting those who live in the community. It was a good plot choice. Since it is Hollywood, they can take artistic license to depict this community as they choose, but I didn't think it made you disrespect Jews or the Hasidic community. The Reagan family is considerate of Jews as they are of all people, just not people who have a bent towards crime. The friendship between the Rebbe and the grandfather in the family adds something to your appreciation of the family.

Very inaccurate, and prejudiced.

Author: htrubin-0 from United States
11 January 2016

This episode highlights the complete lack of understanding the secular world has of Hassidic Jewry. As someone who knows many Hassidic Jews, though not one myself, I found the episode to be very inaccurate and negative in its depiction. Viewers should understand that Hasidim do not talk like that or act like that, and most of the religious customs depicted are untrue.

Considering the sensitivity in which Blue Bloods has attempted to portray other religions, including voodoo, I found it offensive that they seemingly couldn't even be bothered to hire a Hassidic consultant to ensure accuracy.