IMDb > "Star-Crossed" (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Star-Crossed"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Star-Crossed" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Star Crossed, the Sad End

Author: jaliisah from United States
13 March 2014

Once again the CW comes up with an exciting show with endless possibilities and characters for development - and just as it is developing a serious following, cancels it. At a time when networks are competing with a wide variety of new content providers, the CW cancels a show with the potential to go on for years and spin off movies.

WHAT? Does that make sense? Well, to the CW, it probably does. The CW has a target audience of young adult viewers, specifically young women 18-34*. Clearly they are underestimating the sophistication of their target audience, but Star Crossed went further. It also appeals to men and to an older audience. Does a show with an expanded demographic scare the CW? If it does, the cancellation makes sense. If it doesn't, a person with any business sense at all would be hard pressed to explain it.

Interestingly, the devoted fans are not giving up. They are writing and tweeting the CW by the thousands. There are petitions. There are campaigns to get SyFy, HBO or Netflix to pick up the show. If that were to occur, or if the CW would find the courage to expand its mission, the possibilities put in place by the visual at the end of finale showing a fleet of alien warships headed toward earth are endless!

*from the CW website

Obligated to Write a Review

Author: astralxromance from United States
19 February 2014

I'm not too into writing reviews for shows but when I see negative reviews on a show that is worth more than that, I feel it's my duty to write a positive one. I thought the pilot to be extremely exuberant and enticing. I love the chemistry between the two lead characters and find the story to be familiar in some ways but at the same time, I sincerely see it as a breath of fresh air. I think it is more original than many scifi-oriented shows out at the moment and I think people shouldn't judge it so harshly. I think this show has something for everyone and all should give it a watch. I hope it does well as I look forward to seeing more!

Please don't cancel this show! :-(

Author: -·=»‡«=·-A J-·=»‡«=·-
4 April 2014

This is a very addictive show with amazing chemistry among the characters (especially Matt Lanter's Roman and pretty much everyone he comes in contact with). The show shouldn't be made to suffer and get axed due to poor marketing. Shows like the Vampire Diaries had the same base in the first season (teenagers, high school, new 'beings' and all...) but because it was marketed well, it reached the target audience. Please market this show and give it a chance!! The show takes a very different approach to an alien/human plot. Though for teenagers, it is just as addictive for adults with a fondness for romance, sci-fi and an interest in a very relevant political problem in our society.

I hope this show isn't another Romeo and Juliet - I like it too much

Author: royalgypsy from United States
25 February 2014

May contain spoilers.

First of all - I don't know what people are complaining about. I watched Roswell and the only real similarity is that there are alien teenagers on earth. Now, I liked Roswell, but it could be vapid and ridiculous. Star-crossed thus far has contained more depth.

I like the characters and also what the characters hint at becoming. I don't mean just the two leads, but the other characters like Drake, Grayson, Taylor, etc. Taylor is becoming a favorite. The Atrians situation reminds me of the poem about the tiger in the cage (I can't remember who wrote it). I am very interested to see more.

Who cares if it is similar to moments in our history and segregation, blah blah. Of course they are using that in their show and why shouldn't they? That is something that has been repeated in the history of the world since the beginning.

As to the Atrians not being that different.... Well, I find the idea more believable that there are other's similar to us out in the universe. What is believable about the rest of the sci-fi genre? That is why I liked Firefly so much. That is a more believable future than Aliens or Star Trek. And I like Star Trek.

My gut twists somewhat when this show is referenced as a Romeo and Juliet type situation. That's fine as long as it doesn't have the same ending.

Matt Lanter's performance in the second episode was right on. I could re-watch that scene in the hallway over and over.

I like this show. It is hard right now because of so many unanswered questions, but I also count down the days until Monday. That is always a good sign.

So far pretty good

Author: Jules Isobella Hall
19 February 2014

So everyone is bitching about this being Another alien series and looking like crap etc etc etc... On the flip side, I did love the pilot episode, it has a good story line, it was made very nice, it kept my attention. The only annoying thing in the whole episode was the bleeping sound, i thought first it was something else but its in the series itself. quite annoying but other then that it was a very great episode can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

I don't understand why people saying such a bad things about it, it isn't Roswell or any other alien themed series and honestly I love the idea of human like aliens with tats, its sexy. Its not really sci-FY but its no drama either, to me i would put it under a modern fairy tale with maybe or maybe not a happy ending.

Best Thing Since Roswell!!

Author: Seth Cohen from USA
6 April 2014

Love this show from the PILOT episode I was hooked! It gets better every episode and seeing the story develop and if Roman and Emery manage to get together as humans versus aliens stand in there way!

Pilot had a great pace and as far as Roswell similarities I think they did it better. Heal scene was a lot more heart warming cause it saved the life of someone that Emery cared about. The music in the show is really good just like Roswell was!

Monday's 8pm on CW is the only place to be!! Can't wait for tomorrow's episode it's gonna be epic! :-)

Star-Crossed is the best show on TV!

officially hooked!

Author: e-lolis
18 March 2014

What's not to love? You're getting a romance, adventure, action show and history lesson rolled into one! The parallels between the Civil Rights Movement and Star Crossed is absolutely genius, and you've given me a specific plot to get into. Not only that, but I suspect from all the instagram photos of Atrian-esque tattoos that there's quite a "fandom" brewing. I've introduced this show to my friends and they find themselves getting more and more sucked in as time goes by. I should also point out that, for me personally, I was hooked, wide-eyed and slack jawed, within the first 8 minutes of the pilot. I love the cast, love the acting, love the plot, and continue to rave about this show. A must-see for people who are getting a little tired of all the mainstream/reality/vampire shows out there. Well done, CW!

One of my favorite shows on CW

Author: tikobiaji from Tbilisi, Georgia
27 February 2014

I must say, normally, i don't write reviews.But when i saw these negative ones, i was disappointed. I think, it's too early to judge this show. What do we know about it? That's why it is interesting. Wait a little bit. In my opinion, this show is nice. It's my favorite show already. I am a girl, i like romantic stories, good looking people and the chemistry between two characters. I've watched two series and i found what i was looking for, what i really like in TV series. So, you say that it is not intellectual, there is no logic in it, well, it's OK. we like it, it isn't the first one. I am big fan of The originals, I adore supernatural and i love star-crossed! Hopefully, there will be another season. I'm tired of The vampire diaries, I want something new.

Looking forward to more episodes!

Author: scott-green-student from Australia
21 February 2014

The first episode kicked off with an introduction of the alien race and how they came to the position they are currently in with humans. Emphasis has not yet been placed on the major differentiation between this species and the human race as of yet. In saying this, there is friction between the human race and this new species (an apparent fear response) and it would appear there are differences yet to come to light between the human race on the one hand and the new species. It would appear the alien race is hiding differences they wish not to share with humanity (probably because our race seems to exploit everything), such as when Roman (one of the lead characters) uses a plant of all things to heal a cancer patient after expressing the plant did not have healing properties.

So far, the only issue, which I would raise and is somewhat picky, is the fact that 10 years post landing, the ship that the aliens came in was still located at the landing point. I doubt any government would allow this and would promptly remove the ship to a more suitable location. Other than this, this is a show worth the wait to watch and any criticism would be far too early to provide. I award 10/10 so far from the first episode and am excited to see the next!

I'm sure this is going to be a very popular show amongst people of all ages. And how can I not finish without saying Roman is a super cute "alien"!

My vote is for the aliens!

My favorite new show!

Author: Trish Smith from United States
11 March 2014

The pilot was wonderful and both my teenager and I are really enjoying the show so far and find ourselves counting the days until Monday! We, of course, TIVo the episodes so we can watch our favorite parts again. The CW is my go-to network for entertainment. True, the actors portraying teens are quite a bit older, but I'm sure when they were casting the show, they chose the BEST actors rather than those who "looked" the part. I, for one, applaud the decision and look forward to many happy hours of viewing...once Grayson is out of the picture! 😜. Can't wait to see Teri's character develop. Drake is another one that I think will surprise me. Quite a few twists and turns to the plot that we're enjoying. Kinda surprised to read reviews that seem to think the show is predictable. So far, I don't think so.

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]