IMDb > "Killer Women" (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Killer Women"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Killer Women" More at IMDbPro »

A lots of fun. Sexy, Texan, a Modern Day Super-Heroine.

Author: facebook-893-171947 from Sunnyvale, CA
10 January 2014

I was watching this with my son and we initially found it really corny. As we watched it further we started to like it and by the end we really liked it. Where in the world can you find a Heroine like that? Texas Ranger, beautiful, sexy, daughter of a millionaire, married to a congressman (in the process of being divorced), dating a daring DEA agent, impervious to bullets/lies/politics, and above all, plays the trumpet in a band!!! Indiana Jones doesn't even come close.

This series is modern, sexy, Texas sized kitsch. Great shots of Texas and cowboy culture. I can't wait for my new super-heroine on the next episode.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Not believable

Author: mbrowne-982-782213 from Canada
11 January 2014

Just watched the first episode of this new program and did not like it, at all. The leading lady is not believable -- she's too feminine to play this character, like closing her eyes when she shoots a gun and looking very awkward doing it. She just doesn't look tough as she be for the character. It's also ridiculous to believe that two people -- a man and this woman -- could break into a Mexican cartel fortress to rescue two people and were successful at it. Then her boss tells her at the end of the program that if he ever learns that she went across the border to rescue those two people, that she'd be fired. I wonder what he thought might have happened if it was her -- the big bad female ranger.

I've never seen any other woman do the job Helfer has here

Author: angrypancho from Central Illinois
20 February 2014

I was just writing someone about how my wife and I enjoy this show and I came onto its IMDb page to check on spelling when I find out this excellent show has been canceled!! This is a disaster and a sign the people at ABC haven't got the brains God gave a goose.

The plots were not at all bad for this kind of show, but by far the truly special thing about this series was Tricia Helfer's performance. My wife and I tuned in, but when I saw the story revolved around a woman Texas Ranger, I was sure I was going to have to leave it to my wife to watch by herself. I've been watching TV for about 50 years and I've never seen a woman successfully pull off the attitude that kind of law enforcement role demands. I was truly shocked to watch Helfer do exactly that and immediately became a fan. Do you people really not realize how unique her performance is? I remember her from Battlestar Galactica but never really got into that show. I'm now sorry I missed it as this woman is phenomenally good. She kind of reminds me of a slightly better version of Famke Janssen which is saying a lot as I've always especially liked Famke's work.

But it wasn't just Helfer's work that made this series a gem, all the supporting cast was in it 100%. No, I'm going to miss this show and find myself dying to vent at ABC for canceling it.

Great show for women & men!

Author: pthomason77 from United States
10 April 2014

Killer Women has it all. Tricia Helfer is great and so are the other cast members. Her boyfriend is a macho, yet sweet hunk. Her family is interesting with her brother, his wife & daughter all have their family stuff going on. Tricia can hold her own with all types of characters, female or male. The show's just sexy enough to be juicy! Also, you want to see what's gonna happen next, mystery, chemistry. ABC should have held onto this little gem of a show. Coulda been a HIT! Will surely miss it and so very sad that my new friends have gone! So many pretty people in Killer Women. I have recommended it to many friends and family. Wish there was a way to bring it back!

Great Show, I enjoy it!

Author: medmalpara
2 March 2014

I love the show. After reviewing the negative comments made about the show, I ask myself if they are made by chauvinist males or insecure females that have let men convince them they are inferior. I am certain that negative comments are either affected by the fact that the show contains a beautiful intelligent FEMALE mastering a once known male position in authority or that it is in fact predictable because it is a good example of how a female as always is superior and her brains over the brawn gets the job down.

It has good action, good background, storyline, and cast.

Yes, some may state that there are some exaggerations in the show, well guess what so do 90% of the shows on TV. Even reality TV!!!

I highly would recommend this show and hope it is not removed from the network.

Give it a chance.

Author: marbltx from Austin, TX
15 January 2014

I'll admit the pilot episode was overly dramatic, over acted, and hard to believe. 4 people in a car in a confined space being shot at by a dozen automatic weapons and nobody gets hit? Maybe that's just someones idea of attracting viewers (doesn't work for me) or something, but the next episode wasn't so cheesy. I'll continue to watch until it goes south again. There's also a back story going on concerning her marriage that is interesting. I'm interested in seeing where that's going as well. Since I live in Texas it's interesting to see if they get their facts concerning the state accurate. So far they have. In summary, there's enough there to keep my interest I'll give it a few more episodes before I totally decide if I'll keep watching or not.

rename it "Parker, Texas Ranger"

Author: jlwilson2284 from missouri
28 March 2014

"Killer Women" was a fun show and I hated to see it canceled. The plots made you think and were not overly predictable. Have Lifetime or TNT pick up the show "Killer Women" and rename it "Parker, Texas Ranger". The name "Killer Women" put off some of my friends. Have "Walker Texas Ranger" join or make a cameo. His shows still have an audience. The show is good, yes a little over dramatic.. but what action film is not? Nice story line that keeps Dallas fans of night time soaps coming back. What little girls didn't want to grow up and be a Texas Ranger? The male actors are good eye candy and I enjoy the southwest scenery after living in New Mexico and Texas. Nice change from location shoots of LA or New York.

Good new show

Author: Trish Warren from Ohio
16 January 2014

My husband and I liked the show, all it needs is a little character development. In our opinion it's tons better then many we've seen that continue today. Depending on the next few shows will tell whether it's a keeper or not. Though discouragingly enough, it won't matter how many people like it if the networks decide not to produce it next year. For now my husband and I feel it's worth watching for a few more shows to see how the characters develop. We like the fact that it had good action, good pacing, good suspense and a realistic venue. We liked the dichotomy of the main character being able to be both sexy and very feminine woman but also professional and tough.

A decent show that is on its way out

Author: atlasmb from United States
29 January 2014

I have watched the first two episodes of this new show and I just read that the network is cutting back on its order of new episodes.

Despite their lack of confidence--caused by poor viewership--I found the first two episodes very watchable.

I think the concept of a sexy Texas Ranger lives or dies on the strength of the main character. Tricia Helfer (as Molly)does a fine job. There are few actresses who can pull off such a strong, physical character (a good one, for example, is Gina Torres). And Tricia is beautiful, to boot (pun intended).

The plots are somewhat simple, but the production values are good.

Molly is separated from her senator husband, but he has trouble letting go. And she sees a DEA agent romantically when she is not being a hard-nosed determined investigator.

I do have one question: is the title a spoiler, suggesting that all of the perps will be women? If so, it will kill some of the suspense.

Addendum: After watching a few episodes now, I still like this show. The current episode is about a combat veteran who is upset that vets get the runaround from the VA and other government agencies. The story was done tastefully and touchingly. Killer Women has heart.

Change the name.

Author: teresame from USA
24 March 2014

I found this series on Prime Time Shows On Demand and watched the episodes because there was nothing else to watch I'd caught up on all my shows. I surfed through the listings, ABC just happened to be first in line. When I got to "Killer Women", I said oh brother out loud and thought this I gotta see. I love this show. Miss Helfer is so talented and so watchable along with a great cast. The characters are so rich with just the right amount of humor, seriousness and drama. I like and care about them thats rare in TV.

Now the NNAAAMME. "Killer Women" is an unfortunate and inaccurate title in my opinion. This series is better than good.

ABC please have some "CW and Fox"" guts and renew the show. Change the name to something less hokey and more dignified and befitting Texas Rangers.