IMDb > Zephyr Springs (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Zephyr Springs More at IMDbPro »

Finally a Life Time movie worth watching

Author: funthingstodo from United States
2 June 2013

What a nice departure from some of Life Time's recent movies. 'Deadly Spa' began with suspense and managed to keep that suspense throughout the movie. The main three characters were very believable and the setting was stunning. Loved the fact that we got enough 'interior and exterior' action. There were a couple of editing goofs with day turning to night suddenly and visa versa, but it really didn't harm the production. What's important is the pace, and this movie kept right on trucking with no huge gaps. And there were some surprises for a change. I thought the blond woman was going to kill the lead towards the end, but I got fooled. What a departure from 'Sister Revenge' and 'Mad Teacher' (or whatever it was called a couple of weeks ago.... third rate compared to this production). Serious kudos to the director for grabbing us in and keeping us there the entire movie.

Points out every awful sheep trend in society

Author: gasmaskproductionsbooks (gasmaskproductionsbooks@gmail.com) from Canada
14 August 2015

The plot for this film wasn't bad (though rather predictable), but it was very grating to watch through the whole thing. The two main characters are morons, typical sheep, complete with cellular phone addictions, those god-awful messy buns in their hair, and too-tight trashy pants. The daughter was spoiled and annoying and the mom was a clueless dope with a yoga fetish. Both of them go to a spa (cult, of course), and right away things go wrong. The characters saying "namaste" at the end of every sentence was dumb enough to begin with, but then throw in a spa where the crazy owner is going on a murder spree, getting rid of those who discover his cash-grab scheme, and all hell breaks loose. David was supposed to be scary but he was more pathetic than anything else, and I don't really think that he deserved the violent death that he got. He also wore suits uglier than Herb Tarleck's suits in WKRP In Cincinnati.

I think Kyla and her mom got what they deserved, honestly. They were both annoying. They seriously acted as if having to put their cell phones away was some horrible chore to endure, Kyla kept making way too much unnecessary trouble, like complaining when there wasn't meat in the buffet. They went to a self-help camp, so what was she expecting, a Philly cheese steak? Places like that one ALWAYS have crazy vegan enviro-loony foods and gluten-free stuff, and if she was going to make trouble, they should've just stayed home.

This film was very boring too, and filled with inconsistencies. Definitely not one worth watching unless you have nothing better to do or you want something to make fun of.

Deadly Spa Not Good For Your Health **1/2

Author: edwagreen from United States
6 June 2013

The film starts off with a good premise that a mother and daughter go to a spa to unwind and bring out accommodation between the two. Seems that the husband of the woman walked out on her years ago, and this has led to both her and her daughter being quite troubled.

Instead, the film degenerates quickly where the two become victims of the spa's owner, who looks to brainwash his residents, keep them there and in the process clean out their bank accounts.The daughter seems to walk in on our predator during shall we say difficult times. Mother eventually witnesses a murder.

This becomes nothing more than a cult movie. Bring out the cool-aid on this one.