IMDb > "The Americans" Trust Me (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Americans" Trust Me (2013)

« Prev | 6 of 41 Episodes | Next »

A good character development episode.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
27 May 2013

There is a mole in the K G B and Phil is interrogated. Phil's suspicions of Liz is widening. The character development of Liz being an out of control ideologue, and Phil as a pragmatist is coming into fruition. The distrust, and stress of the K G B couple's job is fracturing the couple's relationship. While F B I agent Stan manipulates the real K G B mole we see the strain/guilt wear on Stan. There is a human element in The Americans, which makes the show oh so interesting. We see screw ups, faults, and well rounded characters. Trust Me gives depth to the series characters. I give Trust Me an eight out of ten.

Review of Season 1: Episodes 4-6

Author: 851222 from Lithuania
9 February 2015

Greetings from Lithuania.

"The Americans" (2013-) fourth, fifth and sixth episodes were pretty solid, with sixth as the best from the three. Acting is OK usual, with some pretty good addition of Margo Martindale. Plot is evolving and keep getting more interesting, but nothing groundbreaking so far. It keeps you involved in the story which is good, but somehow it didn't blew me away like for example "Homeland" did. It's nice / good, but nothing very special yet.

Overall, if you like first three episodes so far, you will like 4-6 episodes. For 4 and 5 i voted 8, and i gave 9 for 6th.

The Americans Trust Me

Author: dalydj-918-255175 from Ireland
6 March 2013

Both thrilling and riveting were the scenes or torture Philip and Elizabeth had to go through which surprisingly was all ordered by Claudia which I was not expecting to happen. The mole in the KGB gets closer to be found out as Nina continues to do things for the FBI she should not be doing if she wants to live. I was very frightened by the scenes in small spaces that still could not break the couple of Philip and Elizabeth only to see if they were the moles which they were not. The beating Elizabeth gave Claudia was such a great moment and Russell continues to get better in the role just as the show gets better with this being the strongest episode of the season so far. The Stan character has always been a problem for me because he has felt so apart from the show but know he seems to be more related to the rest of the show which is a good thing for the show going forward. Margo getting beat by Russell was not funny in any way but quite tense and a very dramatic moment that obviously I cannot stop talking about. The kids were fine in the episode with their strange driver.

EPISODE GRADE: A- (MVP: Kerri Russell)