IMDb > "The Neighbors" Dream Weavers (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Neighbors" Dream Weavers (2013)

« Prev | 13 of 44 Episodes | Next »

A couple funny send-up moments of 80s Brat pack

Author: stufield from United States
17 July 2013

Let me say first that I am a kind of a fan, but don't always watch. In general the space travelers out of their element was much better done by 3rd Rock From The Sun. I think that the "earthling couple" are well played Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito. This episode features a couple well done send ups of 80's Brat Pack / John Hughes movies. The Dream Weavers episode revolves around the High School dance and the Weavers especially Debbies attempt to recapture the magic of meeting her soul mate at hers. She does this by volunteering to chaperone with the neighbors and Marty. There are of course the usual conflict with the teenage daughter who doesn't want her there. And the usual fish out of water reactions of the neighbors. The high point however and the reason I wrote this is the references to the above mentioned brat pack flicks. Especially since Jamie Gerts was one of them. There is also a guest appearance by Judd Nelson. If you remember those films, this is a better episode and why I gave it an 8. PS These are tough to write while attempting to not reveal any spoilers.