IMDb > "The Originals" (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Originals"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"The Originals" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

TVD spin-off show is better than the main show

Author: Lee-Richardson1995 from United Kingdom, England
12 October 2013

This show is miles better than The Vampire Diaries in my opinion. The show has a brilliant cast, characters, great story and good location. I like the way they have made this show darker than TVD and they haven't kept that 'coming of age' type of show. The originals also gives explanations and goes into some detail about the characters backgrounds and helps you understand the story between the Originals and Marcel. Also, the first couple of episodes have made me wanting more without a doubt. No disrespect to TVD, i like that show, I just think that the way this show focus' on the Original family and the story which they have created makes this show a better one than The Vampire Diaries. Definitely worth the watch.

Super awesome TV series!!!!!

Author: prafulkrsingh2 from India
15 October 2013

This series has gone far too good beyond its expectations in just two- three episodes, the way its story has picked up speed and the environment they are creating is awesome. Klaus' character as usual is classic and its fun to watch him argue with his brother Elijah and sister Rebekah. Talking about The Vampire Diaries, that show is different in its own way, but there is no way TVD should be compared to The Originals as its story has completely moved in another direction. The acting of all characters is awesome and story is mind-blowing. The flashback story they are gonna show seems to be quite fun as it is related to original vampires. Even in The Vampire Diaries I was a bit biased towards original vampires and waited for their part to come (not only me, happened with many people). So all in all its good they separated out original vampires' story from TVD.

AMAZING show!

Author: blueeyedgirl117 from Florida
15 October 2013

I am a HUGE Vampire Diaries fan! I wasn't ever really all that interested in the original family when they showed it on Vampire Diaries, nor did I care about them at all.. I found them all to be good actors/actress' but the lot wasn't that interesting... HOLY CRAP! This show is very surprising pleasantly good! Its so interesting and I really like it! Congrats to the creators for making another amazing show and the acting is great!!! The story line is so interesting I cannot wait for the next episode I find myself loving every episode... Julie created another masterpiece. Love the Originals and am so happy to see it succeed along with another new season of Vampire Diaries. So good!

It was great..and the best has yet to come;)

Author: NinaSimone54
5 October 2013

Coming as a new viewer I was pretty hesitant about watching the Originals. I heard that it was a spin-off of Vampire Diaries and I couldn't have been more unimpressed, seeing as I hated Vampire Diaries and what it had become (Elena drama -_-). However, to my surprise it was actually good. Really good. I see most of the reviews saying the pilot was dull and boring however, that was because they had already seen most of the scenes from the back-door pilot in TVD. They made it this way so viewers like me, who have never seen the episode ( I gave up on Vampire Diaries a while ago) could get caught up. Considering how they had to put seasons of information into one episode I think they did a pretty good job of explaining things. The episode was dark and mature and Elijah's love for his family is very heart-warming. I love the sibling dynamic on the show. Klaus the a hot head, Elijah collected and classy, and Rebekah the the indifferent little sister who just wants out of this family. But somehow I got the feeling that no matter what they all still love each very much and would do anything for one another other. And with a new addition on the way I want to see how they all handle this, especially Klaus the soon to be daddy. As for the other characters, Marcel is a sexy tyrant who I'm very interested in learning more about and how he came to power. Hayley the mother of soon to be "miracle baby" is a hoot and I loved her scenes with Elijah. I'm also interested in learning more about her past and finding out about her parents. Sophie is the brave witch with nothing to lose in this war, and people with nothing to lose are usually the most dangerous:) I'm curious to see how this war plays out between the Originals, Marcel , and the witches. New Orleans a city with so much history and supernatural lore is the perfect setting for this and I'm fairly certain that this show will be great. Laissez-le bon temps rouler!

This show is amazing. It gets better and better.

Author: Jam Isip from Birmingham, England
30 October 2013

I have been a TVD fan since day 1. However,watching The Original's first episode has made me doubt whether it would be good or not as I thought the story would just rely on it's mother show TVD. However, watching a few more episodes, it is getting better and better and it has actually put me off watching TVD as TVD has got nothing on this show. I have just realized that I have been watching TVD because of the amazing "Originals". The main purpose of 'The Originals' is to show viewers that it is based on family and that is the most important thing. Unlike TVD that is based on sickening stupid never ending romance between the Salvatore brothers, Silus, Petrova Doppelgangers, Elena etc. I'm so fed up of it. Hence why I advice you to give TO a shot guys, this show is amazing.

i love it !!

Author: Jenna-tolls Beattie from england
7 November 2013

I wasn't expecting a vampire diaries spin of to be so good in fact I was kinda upset that they took Klaus away from Caroline ! but my god this show has took over TVD completely I find myself more excited to see what happens I feel like the originals is a grown up version of TVD and I've grew up with it sorta say I love the plot and the twists the drama I hope you give this show a chance because it really does deserve it Klaus was mostly bad in TVD and i think he grew on us all he was such a dominant character he deserved his own show not to mention Elijah his brother as the nice one but will do anything for his family no matter how much they hurt him ( Klaus mostly daggers him and puts him in a box quite allot ) please please if you love TVD you will love this show :) watch it !!

One of THE BEST Vampire shows!

Author: tamster74 from Ontario, Canada
27 November 2013

I am SO addicted to this show! I never want it to end! The acting is brilliant...Klaus ROCKS! It keeps me wanting more....I knew I loved vampires for a reason ;) I lost interest in Vampire Diaries very quickly because the story lines were weak as well as the acting....too "teenager" 'ish....this series is more captivating and not so immature. Klaus's character is brilliant, scheming, evil, yet caring...you hate to love him/love to hate him! I'm also a fan of True Blood but...there is something about The Originals that has me hooked! :) It is also "believable" with the siblings being the original vampires. Each of them are unique in character. Who knows...maybe they used their "mind compulsion" on me.... and it worked! I highly recommend watching this series; you won't be disappointed! <3

More mature than VD

Author: maloyutu
18 October 2013

First three episodes are quite good. Story is fast and balanced. Cahracters are nice also and they have some nice back stories. I only hope that they are keep going strong like in these first few episodes. People who watched VD will still watch VD but its popularity will drop due to The Originals. This is what Ian Somerhalder said about The Originals:"Now, they're going to be taking these characters that mean so much to our show. I'm insanely happy for everyone, but I'm not thrilled. Not that I mind sharing, I just don't want to lose all these amazing actors on our show. Who are the other people who are gonna be coming on the show? Are they gonna be good? Because it's The CW, and everyone has to be pretty, and there aren't a lot of pretty people that can act well." For now I see few new actors in The Originals that do better job than him.

Spin off way better that the main show!

Author: Faiza Ansari from United Arab Emirates
12 October 2013

THE ORIGINALS is a show which has amazed me this season more than the main show TVD(I am not comfortable with a girl hopping in love from one brother to another- I like Ian and Nina as couple but not on the show).

The story revolves around Mikealson family i.e. NIKLAUS, ELIJAH AND REBEKKAH. They return to New Orleans 100 years after they were chased out of the city by their father(who wanted to kill them). Upon returning they realize that a vampire KLAUS raised and later sired i.e Marcel is now ruling the city and has complete control over the supernaturals in New Orleans. Klaus finds this a challenge as the one who was sired to be his image has better his own master! Unlike many people I don't mind Klaus redeeming through his child. There are many kind of loves, why not let a man healed by the love of family once than by romantic love (which should come in but not dominate the whole picture!) Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt and Daniel Gillies - the three actors are amazing in this show especially the contrast between the wildness of Joseph Morgan(Klaus)'s character vs the Serenity and sophistication of Daniel Gillies(Elijah) character. This show charms because of the evolving power struggle between super natural world and in a place no less mysterious & magical than NEW ORLEANS!

Hope the creative team doesn't ruin this show with teen-drama and love triangles (involving brothers)! It has the potential to become a power packed show.

Guys give this show a try even if you don't like the main show!

Intriguing and thrilling

Author: mystery_08 from Ukraine
4 October 2013

Vampire Diaries started to lose its appeal during last seasons and The Original Family didn't suit well in the plot. It felt like there must be more space for their proper development, they needed a separate story line. And finally it happened. So far every character seems to be in the right place and the main issues are rather promising. Klaus is very interesting, many-sided and contradictory personality and Joseph Morgan is an excellent actor who is able to be the star of his own show. Besides, Elijah and Rebekah have their own share of charisma and play an important role in the series. The only weak point may be absence of Caroline as a love interest for Klaus but the possibilities of crossovers can remedy the situation. It is obvious that most of the audience expects this storyline to be continued. Other main characters - charming Marseilles, smart Camille, mysterious Davina, brave Sophie - have a good potential and interesting for further exploring. Many people doubted appropriateness of a baby in the supernatural show like this but I guess writers have some trumps to surprise their viewers.

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]