IMDb > Army of Frankensteins (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Army of Frankensteins More at IMDbPro »

Ridiculous

Author: keko922-2 from United States
21 June 2015

I didn't give this a one because I finished watching it. This is one of those movies where you ask yourself, are people this dumb. The things the characters do is well you wish you can reach into the screen and slap one of them. I enjoy monster movies and time traveling but this didn't do it for me. The acting is lousy and I have to mention I am glad it was a free movie. I would have been upset had I been the one to pay for it. A movie you can watch if it comes on free TV in a late late late movie. I really do not know what else to say here because I need to write more lines. There really is not much else to write about without giving movie dialogues. I basically already wrote the obvious. It is a lousy movie and watch it when you have nothing else to do but don't buy it A civil war with Frankenstein's.

Fun b-budget flick

Author: jackmeat from chicago
22 June 2015

My quick rating - 5,7/10. Very ambitious and fun filled horror comedy. The writers/creators wanted to hit all genres in full swing and did a fantastic job on a shoe string budget. Good humor, nice gore when needed, hokey action on purpose, this is b-budget quality that should be seen. Enjoyable and I will be keeping this one for later viewing. I make my picks on people to watch, and very rarely am I wrong (last one was the Soska Twins) so keep an eye on Ryan Bellgardht. Aside from some serious camera issues (more the effects really) the quality is quite good. Got distracted at times by the multiple Frankensteins being all hazy, but minor gripe. Enjoy if you can find it.

Like actual Frankenstein's monster, it's an abomination of poorly made sci-fi and horror stitched together, but it's highly ludicrous it might trigger some sympathy laughs

Author: quincytheodore from Indonesia
23 June 2015

Within the first few minutes we can see the less stellar caliber of acting and production. Nearly everything is made for ironic purpose, either it's intentional or not. There's so much exaggerated premise and clumsy delivery, it's hard to take the movie seriously and even as parody it can barely register any response, aside from a few chuckles when the film delivers terribly out of place scenes where you can't help but slightly grin.

The plot is a jumbled mix or time travel and a bunch of sci-fi gimmicks, none of these really fascinate. Actors are often cringe-worthy in their performance, although the lead may be funny since he looks adequately like a normal guy. Characters are variety of unsuitable personalities with jarring costume and hairdo, or just simply over the top misinterpretation of the era. Even it plays with historic and scientific backdrop, the film has no accuracy in either aspect. I guess it's a tad optimistic to hope for those.

It will get worse towards latter half, if one can make it pass an hour of characters waddling on a random field and tons of gibberish. The effect is abysmal, literal green screen mess. It has slightly lengthier runtime than most movies but there's really not much it has to offer. You might find some amusement, but it's recommended to invest time elsewhere.

Why these stupid directors and these stupid actors are allowed to act???

Author: Submarine Guest House from kuala lumpur
22 June 2015

To all these stupid actors and stupid directors, stop doing stupid movies please. Why? Because I don't believe any one will like to watch it. Unless if they are super stupid weird people with weird stupid psychology. A waste of your precious time to watch such a stupid movie. It's a shame that this called movie. I might say it's not a movie it's a begging act. As you will feel it like: please give us some jobs we don't have money Guys why don't you try to be PERFCT? What's wrong with that? If you have no budget for a movie then please don't even try to make one stupid wasted movie. In my opinion you cannot afford every piece of criticism around you. I have no idea why you guys allow yourselves to act such stupid acting, very stupid and out of date , give me a break you shameful fools, any one support this movie should go to hell with the producers, actors and directors

Gore & Giggles

Author: acraigslist101 from United States
24 January 2014

I attended Army of Frankensteins at the Oklahoma City "Red Carpet" event. In the opening 5 minutes of the film a man has his arm ripped off by an army of Frankensteins and then is beat with his own bloody appendage. This brought the entire theater out of their seats with laughter.

The lead actor, up & coming Jared Farris, delivered the best line of the movie, "Let's kick some Frankenstein Ass." While John Ferguson (Count Gregore, local OKC Horror Host) was magnificent as "The Mad Scientist" bringing the legend of not just one, but an Army of Frakensteins to life.

BUT... It was young Mr. Christian Bellgardt who played the grave robbing, scene stealing "Igor" that made the movie. The genius of a 14 year old playing "Igor" should not be missed. Find this movie, buy it and enjoy it. And yes, I bought the T-shirt!